77 Assisted Living Facilities near Aventura, FL
Also serving communities of North Miami Beach.
There are 77 Assisted Living Facilities in the Aventura area, with 4 in Aventura and 73 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Aventura is $4,536 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hallandale Beach with an average starting cost of $2,150.
To help you with your search, browse the 298 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Aventura. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Aventura 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Miami Gardens with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Aventura find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Aventura, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Aventura, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aventura
Aventura, a suburb of Miami, Florida, is known for the shopping center Aventura Mall and championship golf courses. There are three assisted living facilities (ALFs) located in Aventura and 56 nearby in Hollywood and Miami.
These ALFs are licensed by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation of the state’s Agency for Health Care Administration. Under a standard license, ALFs in Florida provide a range of care and/or nursing services for one to several hundred residents in homelike, non-restrictive settings. They may be granted specialty licenses for additional, specific services other than routine personal care which are limited nursing services (LNS), extended congregate care (ECC) and limited mental health (LMH) services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aventura
- In Florida, there is no tax levy on income, social security benefits, pensions, retirement account withdrawals and sales on groceries and medicine, making the state financially favorable for seniors and significantly compensating for Aventura’s relative high cost of living.
- Aventura has a higher crime rate than 91 percent of communities within Florida. This number pertains to the city’s non-violent property crime incidents such as burglary, larceny and vehicle theft.
- The planned community of Aventura is somewhat walkable and has a bike-sharing program to promote a healthy, environment-friendly way of mobility. Free rides with six routes around the city are offered by Aventura Express shuttle buses, and seniors 65+ enjoy discounted fares on Miami-Dade Transit’s Metrobus and Metrorail rides.
- The Aventura area is home to world-class medical facilities including Aventura Hospital and Medical Center and Chen Senior Medical Center in Mount Sinai Primary & Specialty Care Aventura in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Aventura has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Support Services Division of the Jewish Community Services of South Florida, an organization that serves Jewish and broader communities throughout Miami-Dade County, giving aging residents free transportation, kosher meals, shopping assistance, counseling and other volunteer services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aventura
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Aventura start around $4,536 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aventura and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aventura
Florida’s Medicaid program covers the ALF costs in Aventura for eligible seniors through either of the state’s Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers for Assisted Care Services (ACS) or Long Term Care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aventura
Aventura and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Aventura, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aventura
Aventura-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Aventura, FL
Other Options in Aventura, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Aventura
Review of Sterling Aventura
Management is poor, never can get in touch with someone in charge. They are shorted staffed especially at night and weekends and do not respond quickly to calls for assistance. They increase the re... Read more
Review of The Plaza at Parksquare
MY dad is 92 and he adjusted very well . They bring him his medicine 4 times a day . My dad is a picky eater he loves the food . The people are wonderfully who work there . My dad need ed shelves a... Read more
Review of Imperial Club Independent and Assisted Living Community
I will be moving into Imperial Club next year. The appointment was on time. The staff gave me brochures, explained the fees, answered all my questions in a meeting room with coffee, and talked with... Read more