65 Assisted Living Facilities near Pembroke Pines, FL
With an average cost of $2,625 in Pembroke Pines, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 20 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Pembroke Pines.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Pembroke Pines, FL
60 Assisted Living Facilities near Pembroke Pines, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pembroke Pines
Located in South Florida, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Pembroke Pines is a residential community with 28 parks for seniors to enjoy. Seniors age 65 and older make up 16.5 percent of the city's 170,712 population. Those who need assistance with activities of daily living have six assisted living facilities in Pembroke Pines from which to choose and 57 more in nearby communities. The Florida Agency of Health Care Administration licenses and regulates the assisted living facilities in Pembroke Pines and those in the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pembroke Pines
- Pembroke Pines may not be the best option for seniors on a tight budget. The city's overall cost of living is 13 percent higher than the state average. However, the cost of healthcare services averages 2 percent less than the state average and 4 percent less than the national average, which should make it easier for seniors to find affordable medical services.
- The weather in Pembroke Pines is sunny and warm year-round, but brief, scattered rain showers happen regularly. During the winter, temperatures tend to hover in the high 60s and low 70s, but it's not unusual for temperatures to reach into the 90s during the summer months. This could make it difficult for heat-sensitive seniors to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Seniors with chronic breathing conditions might find the Pembroke Pines area a great place to live. The city's air quality index is 18 percent better than the national average and the pollution index in 86 percent better than the national average.
- Pembroke Pines has an overall crime rate that's 19 percent lower than the Florida average. Violent crimes rates are also 54 percent lower than the state average and 51 percent lower than the national average, which could make the city a good place for seniors who regularly worry about their personal safety.
- The Pembroke Pines area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital West, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Broward County Transit operates three public bus routes in Pembroke Pines. Seniors age 65 and older qualify for reduced rates with a valid photo ID. The Southwest Focal Point Community Center provides transportation to medical appointments, dental appointments and the pharmacy. They also offer field trips and transportation to special events for members age 55 and older.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pembroke Pines
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Pembroke Pines start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pembroke Pines and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pembroke Pines
Pembroke Pines seniors who need assistance paying for assisted living can apply for the Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care program and Assistive Care Services program. Florida also offers optional supplemental security (OSS) payments to seniors receiving SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pembroke Pines
Pembroke Pines and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pembroke Pines, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pembroke Pines
Pembroke Pines-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pembroke Pines, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pembroke Pines
Review of Assisted Living of Broward
My mother is in her 90’s and has been a long term resident. Close proximity to my home allows me to visit frequently each week. The atmosphere is more home-like rather than institutional. The facil... Read more
Review of Paradise Villa Retirement
My visit to Paradise Villa Retirement was wonderful, neat, and clean. The day we were there a singer was there serenading everyone. The people are good. The lady who calls me from there talks very ... Read more
Review of Angel House Senior Services
My father is in Angel House. It's small, very clean, well-kept, and well-maintained. They're still modernizing it and making it more environmentally friendly. They do music activities, have differe... Read more