94 Assisted Living Facilities near Davie, FL
There are 94 Assisted Living Facilities in the Davie area, with 2 in Davie and 92 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Davie is $4,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cooper City with an average starting cost of $3,112.
To help you with your search, browse the 435 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Davie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Davie 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cooper City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Davie, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Davie, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Davie
Davie has an strong equestrian history. The first thoroughbred horses in Florida were bred and trained in Davie and the city hosts an annual rodeo. Once a rural town, Davie is now part of the Miami Metropolitan area and home to 105,000 people. There are 92 assisted living facilities in the area catering to the senior population, which are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Davie
- Broward County Transit provides public transportation in Davie, including shuttle buses around the town and services to other areas of the county. Seniors aged 65 and older are eligible for reduced fares and may also be able to utilise the door-to-door paratransit service.
- The Davie area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital Pembroke, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Davie has mild winters with an average low temperature in January of 58 degrees. The average high in July is 91 degrees and the town gets 58 inches of rain each year, almost 20 inches more than the national average. Davie is also at risk of hurricanes and seniors may wish to ask staff about emergency procedures when they tour assisted living facilities.
- Broward County, including Davie, received an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution in the State of the Air 2018 report. The county received a B grade for ozone pollution and the clean air in the town may have a beneficial impact on seniors, especially those with respiratory conditions.
- Seniors who enjoy arts and culture have many opportunities to indulge in Davie and the surrounding communities. Music lovers can take in a show at the yearly Davie Jazz Fest and those interested in visual arts may enjoy visiting the Wiener Museum of Decorative Arts. The Art and Culture Center/Hollywood has exhibitions, theater performances and education programs that may interest creative seniors.
- The Sperling index rates the cost of living in Davie as 133. This is 33 points higher than the national average. The cost of groceries in the town are higher than the U.S. average, but healthcare is four points lower which may lead to savings for seniors with regular health expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Davie
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Davie start around $4,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Davie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Davie
There are two programs that offer financial assistance to Floridian seniors in assisted living: the Assistive Care Services waiver and the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program. Additional funding may also be available to seniors in Davie who receive Social Security Income through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Davie
Davie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Davie, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Davie
Davie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Davie
Review of Oakmonte Village of Davie
My mom has lived at Oakmonte Village since November 2019. I cannot say enough OUTSTANDING things about the care she is receiving!!!! The staff from the aides to the wellness center to the dining ro... Read more
Review of Victoria Villa Assisted Living
This home has been wonderful for both of my parents. The facilities are clean and inviting. The caring staff keeps the residents as actively involved as possible. The owner and the staff have... Read more
Review of Oakmonte Village of Davie
Oakmonte Village has been great. My grandfather has never been happier. They always have different options available for food and they have a menu every day. Everybody is friendly and helpful. They... Read more