78 Assisted Living Facilities near Hollywood, FL
With an average cost of $2,797 in Hollywood, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 139 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 29 facilities in Hollywood.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hollywood, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hollywood
Located in South Florida, Hollywood features a beach named Fodor's "Best Beach for Families," a 2.5 miles path along the beach called "Broadwalk" and the Anne Kolb Nature Center. Seniors living here account for almost 17 percent of the population in Hollywood and have several options for assisted living: There are currently 29 assisted living communities in Hollywood, with 33 others located in nearby communities like Hallandale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Pembroke Pines.
Regulated by the State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs, assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Hollywood are categorized as residential facilities that provide housing, meals, personal care and support services and function as an alternative to 24-hour nursing supervision. In addition to a standard ALF license, Florida also provides three other specialty ALF licenses, including extended congregate care (ECC), limited nursing services (LNS) and limited mental health (LMH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hollywood
- Climate is among Hollywood's bright points, with a summer average high of 90 degrees, an average winter low of 59 degrees and 246 sunny days per year. However, the area is prone to excessive rain in the summer months, with 60 days of rainfall each year and is at risk for frequent hurricanes.
- The cost of living is high in South Florida and Hollywood in particular, averaging 6 percent higher than the mean in the United States.
- Florida has no state income tax and is among seven states that do not levy taxes on Social Security or pension income, helping seniors save money on the cost of assisted living facilities.
- Hollywood does not have significant access to public transportation, with bus routes provided by Broward County Transit and access to limited trolley services. The area is also served by the Tri-Rail, a commuter train system that traverses the tri-county area.
- The Hollywood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness
- Hollywood is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hollywood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Hollywood start around $2,797 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hollywood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hollywood
For seniors who qualify, there is financial assistance available to supplement the cost of assisted living facilities in Hollywood, Florida. Seniors who are eligible for Medicaid may receive support through the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC-LTC). There are also several other programs for non-Medicaid eligible seniors that can reduce costs of care or provide assistance for those seeking support, including Optional State Supplement (OSS), Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative (ADI), and Community Care for the Elderly (CCE).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hollywood
Hollywood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hollywood, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hollywood
Hollywood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hollywood, FL
Other Options in Hollywood, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hollywood
Review of Presidential Place
I'm considering the Presidential Place for my father. The rooms were completely renovated. The staff was very nice. The price is not bad. They do a lot of activities with their residents, but it's ... Read more
Review of Avalon Park Retirement Residence
I ended up putting my mom in Avalon Park and then they said that she wasn't a good fit, so then I had to take her out of there. If they would have done a better assessment upon my mom living there,... Read more
Review of Emerald Park of Hollywood
The caregivers never go and check on there residents. They can be in there room for days and nobody cares. Read more