94 Assisted Living Facilities near Miramar, FL
There are 94 Assisted Living Facilities in the Miramar area, with 5 in Miramar and 89 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Miramar is $1,900 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 297 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Miramar. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Miramar 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pembroke Pines with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Miramar, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Miramar, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Miramar
Located near the southeast coast of Florida, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Miramar is home to five assisted living facilities, with an additional 51 in nearby areas such as Pembroke Pines, Miami Gardens and Miami Lakes. Florida's Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses several types of assisted living facilities throughout the state including standard homes, limited nursing services (LNS) facilities and extended congregate care (ECC) communities. Standard homes are ideally suited for seniors who are relatively independent but still require some help with daily activities such as getting dressed, bathing and moving around. LNS and ECC facilities provide more intensive assistance and further health-related services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Miramar
- Florida is one of seven states that doesn't have a state income tax which could mean added budget flexibility for seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits or pensions. The county does, however, have a 6 percent sales tax.
- The cost of living in Miramar is 14 percent over the national average, and that extends to the cost of groceries, transportation and health care. Seniors on a tight budget may find more affordable living in nearby Hollywood or Miami Gardens.
- With 3.26 incidents of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year, Miramar is a relatively safe city for seniors. By comparison, the state averages 4.3 such crimes, and the national average is 4. Property crime in the area is also lower than state and national averages.
- Miramar receives about 40 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city, and seniors enjoy 25 percent more sunny days. Summers are long, hot and humid with average highs in the low 90s. Winters are short and mild with lows in the upper 50s.
- The American Lung Association grades Broward County, home to Miramar, as an A for particle pollutants and a B for high-ozone days. Seniors with respiratory conditions should be comfortable in Miramar.
- Broward County Transit's TOPS program provides transportation for eligible seniors to nutritional sites and health care facilities. The BCT also offers reduced fares for seniors who are able to use the fixed-route bus system.
Paying for Assisted Living in Miramar
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Miramar start around $1,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Miramar and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Miramar
Florida's Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services programs help eligible seniors pay for services at assisted living facilities, and the state offers Optional State Supplementation (OSS) to seniors who receive Federal SSI payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Miramar
Miramar and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Miramar, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Miramar
Miramar-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Miramar, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Miramar
Review of Tender Touch Home Care Inc
The owner of this facility is a Registered Nurse. My very first impression of this facility was the cleanliness and absolutely no odor. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable towards the... Read more
Review of Tender Touch Home Care Inc
I brought my sister from Puerto Rico shortly after hurricane Maria and noticed she was diagnosed with alzheimers and dimemntia. After calling around for six months to have her placed somewhere they... Read more
Review of South Oaks ALF
My tour of South Oaks ALF was informative. It's a home with bedrooms that was transformed into a facility. It's just a basic accommodation with enough room for a twin bed and a dresser. They had a ... Read more