176 Assisted Living Facilities near Miami Lakes, FL
There are 176 Assisted Living Facilities in the Miami Lakes area, with 2 in Miami Lakes and 174 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Miami Lakes is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Hialeah with an average starting cost of $1,838.
To help you with your search, browse the 381 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Miami Lakes. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Miami Lakes 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Miami Gardens with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Miami Lakes, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Miami Lakes, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Miami Lakes
Out of 31,000 people living in Miami Lakes, 14 percent are ages 65 and over. The Miami Lakes area is home to 57 assisted living communities, with two located within the town and 55 communities located in surrounding cities. In Miami Lakes, as in the rest of Florida, assisted living facilities are licensed and regulated by the Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Miami Lakes
- The air quality in Miami Lakes is relatively low compared to the U.S. average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best, Miami Lakes is rated 53, versus the U.S. average of 58. This suggests a higher concentration of hazardous air pollutants, which may pose a problem for seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- Miami Lakes is a relatively expensive place to live, with a cost of living that is high compared to state and national averages. While the most significant factor that accounts for the town’s high cost of living is its housing prices, seniors can also expect to pay more for groceries, utilities, transportation, medical care and miscellaneous expenses than they would elsewhere.
- Miami Lakes has a low overall crime rate. The city’s property crime rate is on par with the national average and is significantly lower than state and regional averages. Its violent crime rate is lower than regional, state and national averages.
- The Town of Miami Lakes has a public transportation system courtesy of Miami-Dade Transit. Seniors 65 and older are eligible for the Golden Passport, which allows them to ride Miami-Dade Transit for free. Additionally, there is a Special Transportation Service available to those with physical or mental impairments that prevent them from using Metrobus or Metrorail.
- The Miami Lakes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Promise Hospital Miami Lakes and Pasteur Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Miami Lakes is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Miami Lakes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Miami Lakes start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Miami Lakes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Miami Lakes
Miami Lakes seniors who meet income guidelines may apply to receive financial aid to help cover the cost of assisted living. While all Medicaid HCBS Waivers pertaining to long-term care were discontinued in 2014, there are three programs available, including the statewide 1915(b)(c) Managed Long-Term Care program, Medicaid Assistive Care Services and Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Miami Lakes
Miami Lakes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Miami Lakes, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Miami Lakes
Miami Lakes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Miami Lakes, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Miami Lakes
Review of Sweet Hope Research Specialty, Inc.
My Sweet Home was good, and my uncle has been there for almost a month. The environment was a relaxed environment, attentive, and caring. The lady there was very happy. I really liked it the first ... Read more