155 Assisted Living Facilities near Miami Gardens, FL
There are 155 Assisted Living Facilities in the Miami Gardens area, with 3 in Miami Gardens and 152 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Miami Gardens is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include Miramar with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 388 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Miami Gardens. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Miami Gardens 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Miami Gardens, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Miami Gardens, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Miami Gardens
Miami Gardens, a suburban city located in north-central Miami-Dade County, Florida, has a population of over 113,000 with 12.6 percent of residents ages 65 and over. There are four assisted living facilities in Miami Gardens and 58 others in surrounding areas like Hollywood, Miramar and Hialeah. There are several types of assisted living facilities in Miami Gardens, as with all of Florida, including standard homes, limited nursing services (LNS) facilities and extended congregate care (ECC). The Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation provides oversight and licensure.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Miami Gardens
- The cost of living in Miami Gardens is about 3 percent higher than the national average. Seniors on a tight budget may find more affordable options in North Miami or Pinewood.
- There are 6.58 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year in Miami Gardens, which is substantially higher than the state average of 4.3. The national average is 4.
- Although the city receives 50 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city, Miami Gardens also has about 25 percent more sunny days. Most of the rain comes in the form of fast-moving thunderstorms throughout the hot, humid summer. Summertime highs average around 90 degrees, and winters are mild with lows in the upper 50s.
- Florida doesn't have a state income tax, and that includes retirement income such as pensions and SSI. There is, however, a 7 percent sales tax.
- Miami-Dade County, home of Miami Gardens, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- The American Lung Association grades Miami-Dade County as a B for both particle pollutants and high-ozone days. Seniors with respiratory conditions shouldn't have much trouble with the city's air quality.
Paying for Assisted Living in Miami Gardens
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Miami Gardens start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Miami Gardens and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Miami Gardens
Florida's Assistive Care Services and Medicaid Long-Term Care programs can help low-income seniors with the cost of services at assisted living facilities. The state also offers optional state supplementation to seniors receiving Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Miami Gardens
Miami Gardens and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Miami Gardens, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Miami Gardens
Miami Gardens-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Miami Gardens, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Miami Gardens
Review of Miami Gardens Manor, Inc.
Miami Gardens Manor was very nice. Right now, it's a top consideration. It's very clean and very nice. It's a more intimate home feeling because it is like a home that's converted. I was told tha... Read more