Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

Reviews of Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

July 11, 2012

By ThunderJim

Bay Oaks was only the second assisted living facility that we had checked out. It is located in Miami, which is only 20 minutes away from where I live. However, we were so impressed with it that we abandoned all our plans to visit other similar facilities. The place is really pleasant and it doesn't look or feel like an assisted living facility at all. During his stay there my uncle had access to cable TV and a phone, just like he did at home. The staff at Bay Oaks was very friendly and they even laughed at my uncles jokes. He always hated the idea of living in one of these facilities but he said to me, 'I've stayed in hotels that weren't as fancy as this place.' That pretty much sums it up. The only possible negative aspect of Bay Oaks is that the facility is relatively expensive. We ended up paying much more than we had anticipated but it was still within our general 'Uncle Dennis Budget' My uncle had been good to me my whole life, so I was not going to short-change him now. All things considered, my entire family and I are extremely pleased with our choice because we felt like we got what we paid for.

July 28, 2011

By Steph0326

Bay Oaks was such a comforting place. It almost felt like we had just walked in to a little cottage, almost like in the movies. The staff was great; they were so sweet and so attentive to those who live there and to the guests as well. We spoke to one of the elderly who were staying there, and she seemed to happy and so grateful. I was very much pleased with the attention they gave to everyone there.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

Out of all the assisted living facilities I had visited in Miami, this one was by far the best one. The entire staff was super friendly and they seemed to take care of my aunt really well. There were plenty of workers on staff every time I visited. My aunt's room was clean and so was she. One time, I joined my aunt for lunch and noticed that they brought it in kindly and took away the tray soon after she was done. I thought that was good, considering I've seen other places wait forever before they removed the food trays. Overall, I love this place and I am glad to know my aunt is in good hands.

Questions about Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents come from around the world, are well educated and independent in mind and spirit. They come to Bay Oaks for exceptional care - and to enjoy the company of their contemporaries in a beautiful, stress-free community with all-inclusive 24/7 concierge services. They range from upper 70s to 90s (though we take residents as young as 65). They enjoy our nearly 2 acres of green space and lush gardens, social events & activities (Scrabble, cards, live music & watercoloring among their favorites), excellent food (truly - we have an Italian-trained chef and everything is made to order), proximity to shopping and less than 10 min. from 3 hospitals, including the VA and Mt. Sinai.

What programs or activities does Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a live-in activities director who engages with residents 7 days a week, multiple options per week to engage musically with neighbors, art class, yoga, sound healing, one-on-one tech assistance, Scrabble & Billiards Clubs and a staff ratio of nearly 1:1.

What places are near Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The beauty of Biscayne Bay, fine & affordable dining options, Starbucks, two convenience stores, a public park.

What transportation services does Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence offer to assisted living residents?

We offer group transportation in a 12-seat Mercedes Sprinter and also coordinate uber and volunteer drivers.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef is Italian trained and has worked in fine restaurants throughout Miami before joining our team. Our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24-hour staffing and on-site property management and security. We have PGT doors and windows.

How does Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Every family member has the administrator's cellphone number and is in regular contact with families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence during daytime and nighttime hours?

1:5 during day, 1:7 during nights

If Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs can enjoy our multiple gardens and green spaces - approximately an acre of space. Only indoor cats are accepted.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff are licensed certified nursing assistants and caregivers. They receive over 12 hour of training prior to service and regular trainings throughout the year.

What safety features or security measures does Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not accept residents who wander.

Costs for Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

Photos of Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

Services and Amenities of Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

• Housing Extra: All Private Rooms

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: AL5168

About Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence

bayoaksmiami.com

Exceptional assisted living in the heart of Miami providing the very best in care, fine cuisine, and elegant surroundings!

Our unique, thoughtful and focused approach to assisted living is based on extensive experience and an unwavering commitment to treating our residents as family. Our unrivaled nutritious cuisine is prepared by professional chefs because we know good food is integral to good health.

We promote a sense of community through stimulating and sociable activities and our expansive gardens allow for fresh air, exercise, and sunshine to be a part of everyday life. Our residents love being here and so do we; CEO Kathryn Kassner has led the Bay Oaks team since 1998 and our dedicated team members have worked at Bay Oaks on average for over ten years.

We break the institutional mold here, and our residents thrive because their home is as individualized as they are. While providing the highest level of assisted living services, including a 1 –to-1 staff ratio, we’ve made it our mission to ban ‘institutional’ from our campus. We modernized our historic campus with fine attention to preserving the character or our buildings and green spaces, which span nearly two acres, just steps from Biscayne Bay.

Each of our rooms is individually decorated with classic solid wood furniture, one hundred percent cotton linens, original paintings, and fresh flowers from the garden. We serve the highest quality, chef-prepared meals, featuring organically grown fruits and fresh herbs from our gardens.

Our exceptional location on 34th Street near Biscayne Bay is minutes away from Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Miami Health District; the second largest medical district in the United States.

Founded by Miami pioneering women in 1947, Bay Oaks has been exceeding expectations and setting the highest standard of service to seniors for 73 years.

Map of Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence