105 Assisted Living Facilities near Miami Beach, FL
There are 105 Assisted Living Facilities in the Miami Beach area, with 3 in Miami Beach and 102 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Miami Beach is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Miami with an average starting cost of $2,168.
To help you with your search, browse the 140 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Miami Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Miami Beach 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Miami with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Miami Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Miami Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Miami Beach
Miami Beach is the portion of the city that sits on a small island, connected to Miami by bridges. Seniors aged 65 and older make up 16.6 percent of Miami Beach's population. To serve this aging demographic, the city has three assisted living facilities — and there are 103 more in neighboring communities.
Like other assisted living facilities in Florida, the ones in Miami Beach are overseen by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation. This department licenses and regulates assisted living facilities to ensure residents receive the care they need to age peacefully.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Miami Beach
- Miami Beach has an array of community resources for seniors, including the North Miami Foundation For Senior Citizens' Services, Inc., an organization that provides transportation, counseling, and companion services for seniors as well as more than three senior centers.
- The Miami Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mount Sinai Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Miami Beach weather is warm all year — the average temperature in February is a comfortable 68 degrees. It rains more in the summer than it does the rest of the year, and June sees the most precipitation with an average of 15.6 inches, which may make it too hot and muggy outside for some seniors.
- Seniors with COPD, asthma, or other breathing conditions may be more comfortable living in Miami Beach. The city's air quality index is 18 percent better than the national average and its pollution index is 86 percent better than the U.S. median.
- Seniors on a fixed income might have a hard time finding an affordable assisted living facility in Miami Beach. The city's overall cost of living is 29 percent higher than the national average. However, the cost of healthcare services is 3 percent lower than the national average, so seniors should be able to find cost-effective options.
- Crime is a concern in Miami Beach, with crimes at 223 percent higher than the state median. Seniors going out should always be aware of their surroundings and try their best to go out in groups instead of on their own.
Paying for Assisted Living in Miami Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Miami Beach start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Miami Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Miami Beach
Seniors in the Miami Beach area who are on a fixed income can take advantage of one or both of the programs in Florida designated to help pay assisted living costs — the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Care program and the Assistive Care Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Miami Beach
Miami Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Miami Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Miami Beach Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Miami Beach
Miami Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Miami Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Miami Beach
Review of Normandy Estates
My mother and my father-in-law came from Normandy Estates. It was more family-like because it was a small unit with only 15 residents. I don't have any complaints about them. They were building a n... Read more
Review of Nightingale Manor
While searching for a place for my friend's mother, we decided to take a look at Nightingale Manor, since it was conveniently located. Some of my friend's family live in the region. The grounds lo... Read more