153 Assisted Living Facilities near Palmetto Bay, FL
Also serving communities of Kendall.
There are 153 Assisted Living Facilities in the Palmetto Bay area, with 3 in Palmetto Bay and 150 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Palmetto Bay is $4,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Palmetto Bay. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Palmetto Bay 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cutler Bay with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Palmetto Bay, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Palmetto Bay, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Palmetto Bay
Palmetto Bay is a village in Miami-Dade County that sits on the shore of Biscayne Bay. It is known as the Village of Parks due to the extensive park system and seniors may enjoy strolling through the greenery or attending events held on the grounds.
Over 14 percent of Palmetto Bay's 24,000 residents are aged 65 and over and there are 147 assisted living facilities in the village and nearby communities catering to this population. They're monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and may have a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Palmetto Bay
- Miami-Dade County, including Palmetto Bay, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Palmetto Bay area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Jackson South Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Palmetto Bay is provided by Miami-Dade Transit and riders aged 65 and older can travel for free with the Golden Passport. A door-to-door service called Special Transportation Service is available to seniors who are unable to use the regular service.
- Winters in Palmetto Bay are mild, but summers can be hot with an average temperature in July of 90 degrees. The village is also in a hurricane risk area so seniors may wish to ask assisted living facilities they tour about emergency procedures in case of extreme weather events.
- Florida's tax system has benefits for seniors as there's no state income tax. This means a lower tax bill no matter the source of retirement income. Sales taxes in the state are close to the national average which helps the budget of seniors on a fixed income.
- The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center gives seniors in Palmetto Bay the chance to see world-class performances. Seniors who are more interested in visual arts may like to visit some of Miami's art galleries, such as ArtCenter South Florida.
Paying for Assisted Living in Palmetto Bay
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Palmetto Bay start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Palmetto Bay and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Palmetto Bay
Seniors in Palmetto Bay may be able to access financial assistance through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. The Optional State Supplement is also available to eligible seniors who receive Social Security income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Palmetto Bay
Palmetto Bay and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Palmetto Bay, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Palmetto Bay
Palmetto Bay-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Palmetto Bay, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Palmetto Bay
Review of Sun Bay Manor II
Nutrition is poor, supervision of personnel is poor. Nice words and philosophy but actual care is not. Read more
Review of Caring for Miami
Caring for You II is a six-bed facility, and it is only for women. I went to visit with my mother, she really liked the atmosphere and the people working there, and everything is super neat and spo... Read more
Review of The Chalet at Old Cutler
The community is very pretty and the staff is very nice and helpful. They take care of their residents very well. The grounds are very pretty and the residents seem to be very happy. The house is i... Read more