32 Assisted Living Facilities near Homestead, FL
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Homestead area, with 11 in Homestead and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Homestead is $1,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Homestead. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Homestead 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Princeton with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Homestead, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Homestead, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Homestead
Located 30 miles south of Miami, Homestead features the Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park. Additional attractions are south of Homestead in the Florida Keys. Homestead is home to 11 assisted living facilities, and there are another 38 in nearby areas such as Cutler Bay, Miami and Palmetto Bay. There are several types of assisted living in the city, and throughout the state, they're licensed by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Homestead
- Miami-Dade County, home to Homestead, received a B grade from the American Lung Association for both particle pollutants and high-ozone days. Seniors with breathing difficulties shouldn't have too much trouble with the city's air quality.
- Florida is one of seven states that doesn't have a state income tax, and that includes retirement income such as 401(k)s, pensions and SSI. There is a 7 percent sales tax on most purchases, though.
- Homestead receives considerably more rainfall than the average U.S. city, often in the form of thunderstorms. The area is also at risk of tropical storms and hurricanes. Summers are hot and humid with average highs in the 80s and 90s for most of the year. Winters are mild with lows in the upper 50s.
- Miami-Dade County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- The cost of living in Homestead is 2.4 percent lower than the national average. It's also one of the more affordable cities in the Miami area.
- With 11.79 incidents of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year, Homestead's crime rate is nearly triple the national average. Reports of property crime are also significantly higher than state and national averages.
Paying for Assisted Living in Homestead
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Homestead start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Homestead and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Homestead
Low-income seniors can take advantage of two Florida programs that can help pay for services at assisted living facilities: Assistive Care Services and Medicaid Long-Term Care. Florida also provides optional state supplementation (OSS) for seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Homestead
Homestead and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Homestead, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Homestead
Homestead-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Homestead, FL
Other Options in Homestead, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Homestead
Review of The Palace Gardens
I visited The Palace Gardens in Homestead and I loved it. They had a barbershop, a nail salon, and they had everything there. The staff was nice, pleasant, and helpful. The place really looked lik... Read more
Review of The Palace Gardens
My sister was a resident of The Palace Gardens. It was a beautiful place, and I personally liked it. I thought everyone that worked there from the aides to administration were very helpful, especia... Read more
Review of The Palace Gardens
Great place for my mom. At first she seemed unsure but after a week she loved it. I now have to see if she isn't busy to visit her. The peace of mind is priceless. Read more