111 Assisted Living Facilities near Cutler Bay, FL
There are 111 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cutler Bay area, with 4 in Cutler Bay and 107 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cutler Bay is $3,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 162 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cutler Bay. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cutler Bay 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Miami Lakes with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cutler Bay, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cutler Bay, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cutler Bay
Cutler Bay is an incorporated town in Miami-Dade County. There are 58 assisted living facilities in the Cutler Bay region, with two located in the city proper and 56 in surrounding areas. In Cutler Bay, assisted living facilities are licensed and regulated by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration. There are several types of communities in Florida including standard homes, limited nursing services (LNS) facilities and extended congregate care (ECC). Standard homes are ideal for active seniors who need help with personal-care activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cutler Bay
- Cutler Bay has a comfortable climate throughout the year, providing active seniors with ample opportunity to enjoy the city’s outdoor amenities. Summers can be hot and humid with July highs reaching the upper-80s, while winter lows are about 60 degrees.
- The air quality in Cutler Bay is good compared to other U.S. cities. The city scores a 78 on Sperling's air quality scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best. Assisted living in this city may be well-suited for seniors who have respiratory illnesses.
- While the overall cost of living in Cutler Bay is higher than state and national averages, this is primarily due to the city's high cost of housing. Still, seniors should expect to pay slightly more for groceries, health care, transportation, utilities and miscellaneous expenses.
- The rate of violent crime in Cutler Bay is slightly higher than the national average, though it is on par with the state average and significantly lower than the surrounding area. The rate of property crime, however, is higher than regional, state and national averages.
- Cutler Bay has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Miami.
- Cutler Bay is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cutler Bay
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Cutler Bay start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cutler Bay and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cutler Bay
Currently, there are two assistance programs available that can help low-income seniors pay for services at assisted living facilities, including the statewide 1915(b)(c) Managed Long-Term Care program and Medicaid Assistive Care Services.
Seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits may also be eligible for Florida's optional state supplementation to help with long-term care costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cutler Bay
Cutler Bay and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cutler Bay, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cutler Bay
Cutler Bay-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cutler Bay, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cutler Bay
Review of Mary's House ALF
The care & attention that my dad received at Mary’s House ALF was excellent. My family and I always found the owners & staff to be very loving, compassionate and accommodating to my dad’s ... Read more
Review of Mary's House ALF
Mary's ALF is a treasure. Unique in the way that they carry out their mission of caring for people who cannot care for themselves. They provide a family environment filled with music, conversati... Read more
Review of Mary's House ALF
The place is brand new and very clean. The nurses are very careful and helpful. You can tell that they care about the residents. The food is actually way better than a nursing home because it's rea... Read more