Located 22 miles north of Miami, Pembroke Pines is a city in Broward County that’s just minutes from Atlantic Ocean beaches. Approximately 29,600 seniors call Pembroke Pines homes. These seniors have access to several hospitals for medical care, including Memorial Hospital and Pines Care Medical Center.

Nursing homes are residential care facilities for seniors who need routine medical care but don’t need to be hospitalized. They provide 24-hour nursing care and other medical treatments, including ongoing palliative and preventive long-term care, rehabilitative services and medication administration. According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Survey, the average monthly cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home in Pembroke is $9,095. Those who don’t require such intensive monitoring might benefit from an assisted living community or home health care

This guide covers the cost of a nursing home in Pembroke Pines and the cost of other types of care. There’s also a list of available services for seniors located in the area.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Pembroke Pines, FL

Alexander Nininger State Veterans Nursing Home

8401 West Cypress Drive , Pembroke Pines, FL, 33025

The staff is very good and caring. They have made it bearable for our Father to be away from us. I would recommend this facility.

Memorial Manor

777 South Douglas Road , Pembroke Pines, FL, 33025

My grandmother who recently stayed there said she was really happy with the staff and the services provided by memorial manor; especially the physical therapy staff. It was great to know my grandmoth … (read more)

Covenant Living of Florida

9215 West Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL, 33324

The Covenant Living was a really nice place. It was very restrictive because of this COVID stuff, and they only allowed me to schedule a visit by email, and then they would take us and bring my friend … (read more)

Memorial Rehabilitation Institute at Memorial Regional Hospital South

3501 Johnson Street , Hollywood, FL, 33021

I was a patient at Memorial South and I call them the A team.. Dr Salando and his team got me back on my feet in record time. They provided me with care that went beyond expectations, I spent two m … (read more)

West Broward Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

7751 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL, 33324

My aunt was in West Broward Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center for rehab. It was pretty good, the only thing that upset me a little bit was, she wasn’t sitting up much. She was in bed most of the ti … (read more)

Hillcrest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

4200 Washington Street , Hollywood, FL, 33021

I visted and could not help notice the terrible smell and funiture date back to the 60’s. One TV to br shared not working no phones in Pt room to at least communicate for a familiar voice. Call back n … (read more)

Heartland Health Care Center-Miami Lakes

5725 Northwest 186th Street, Hialeah, FL, 33015

On December 21, 2018 my mother was transfer to your location for rehabilitation and one of your skill nurses told her she had to do #1 & 2 on the bed, when she could still walk to the bathroom, an … (read more)

Cross Garden Care Center

190 NE 191st St, Miami, FL, 33179

My mother was a resident of this nursing home. I visited her there every other day for approximately six years. The facility itself was suitable for use as a nursing home. I mean, it was not a mode … (read more)

Florida Club Care Center

220 Sierra Dr, Miami, FL, 33179

Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility

8850 NW 122 ST, Hialeah Gardens, FL, 33018

Nursing Home Costs in Pembroke Pines, FL

A semiprivate room in a nursing home in Pembroke Pines costs an average of $9,095 per month. A private room costs $10,418.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Based on the cost of a semiprivate room, the average cost of a nursing home in Pembroke Pines is $426 more than the state average and $1,339 more than the national average. To the northwest in Pensacola, nursing homes cost around $8,517. In Panama City, the cost is $8,213, and in Palm Bay it is $9,186. The cost in Miami is the same as the average monthly cost in Pembroke Pines.

Pembroke Pines

$9186

Palm Bay

Miami

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing homes provide just one type of long-term care, but it’s also the most expensive. It’s important to understand the other options when trying to make a decision. Homemaker services in Pembroke Pines are $3,623 per month, and a home health aide costs around $3,813. Adult day health is the least expensive at $1,300, for those who need monitoring during daytime hours. A nursing home community costs $3,500.

$3623

Adult day health care

$3500

Assisted living

$9095

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10418

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Pembroke Pines was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Miami, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Pembroke Pines, FL

Free Resources for Seniors in Pembroke Pines, FL

Seniors in Pembroke Pines have access to several free and low-cost services to help them improve their quality of life. These services are available to seniors in nursing homes or are designed to help individuals put off nursing home care as long as possible.

Resource

Contact

Service

The Areawide Agency on Aging of Broward County is a nonprofit organization that caters to individuals ages 60 and older. Programs and services include health and wellness classes, transportation, Medicare counseling and food assistance.

Veterans' services help prior military members sign up for programs and services. The agency helps determine eligibility for benefits and can help family members and beneficiaries receive death benefits. Veterans in long-term care may apply for the Aid and Attendance benefit that helps pay for home and community-based services.

Broward County Transit provides rides to seniors throughout the county for medical appointments, errands and outings. Rides are available at reduced fares, and all vans are wheelchair-accessible.

Monarch Care offers case management for seniors in the area, including periodic welfare checks, care coordination, counseling and advocacy. The agency helps seniors budget, pay bills and sign up for online bill pay, and it assists with creditor advocacy. The agency also provides support services for those serving as guardians for their family members.

The Southwest Focal Point Community Center serves as a gathering point for seniors in the area. The center provides health screenings, counseling, nutrition, recreational activities, support groups and transportation.