81 Assisted Living Facilities near Plantation, FL
There are 81 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plantation area, with 7 in Plantation and 74 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Plantation is $3,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 488 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plantation. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plantation 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lauderhill with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plantation, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Plantation, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plantation
Located in Broward County, Plantation, Florida is about 10 miles west of Fort Lauderdale and has a senior population of almost 15 percent. Plantation is home to seven assisted living facilities with 51 others in surrounding areas such as Sunrise, Lauderhill and Lauderdale Lakes. The Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses three types of assisted living homes in Plantation: standard, limited nursing services and extended congregate care. All homes offer meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plantation
- The American Lung Association grades Sarasota County, home to Plantation, as an A and B for particle pollutants and high-ozone days, which means seniors with respiratory conditions shouldn't experience worsening symptoms due to the city's air quality.
- Florida is one of seven states that doesn't tax income, and that includes retirement benefits like pensions and SSI. Sarasota County does, however, have a 7 percent sales tax.
- There are 2.37 incidents of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year in Plantation, which is well under the national average of 4.
- Sarasota County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making the town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- With nearly 50 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city and highs in the 80s and low 90s for two-thirds of the year, Plantation is a hot and humid city. Average winter lows drop into the upper 50s, but only for a few months.
- The cost of living in Plantation is 21 percent higher than the national average due mostly to high housing prices, which may be reflected in the city's assisted living costs. Seniors wanting lower expenses may have better luck in Tamarac or Sunrise.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plantation
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Plantation start around $3,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plantation and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plantation
Florida has two programs that can help low-income seniors pay for services at an assisted living facility: Assistive Care Services and Medicaid Long-Term Care. Neither cover room and board, but the MLTC plan does negotiate rates on behalf of participants, and the state allows families to contribute without impacting Medicaid eligibility.
Florida also provides optional state supplementation (OSS) for seniors who receive Federal SSI payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plantation
Plantation and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plantation, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plantation
Plantation-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Plantation, FL
Other Options in Plantation, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plantation
Review of Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation
My friend is in Five Star Premier and it's excellent. The room is fine and he likes it and is very comfortable there. There are plenty of activities. He likes the food. There's a nice variety and i... Read more
Review of Covenant Living of Florida
I did see a library in Covenant Village. They also have a swimming pool and an all-purpose type room where they put on different programs. They also have a room put aside for Veterans. In their din... Read more
Review of Covenant Living of Florida
The service is horrible from upper and lower management. The facility doesn't take care of the patients when they ask for help. No protocol and guidance for health assessment plan. Patients are mis... Read more