119 Assisted Living Facilities near Tamarac, FL
Also serving communities of North Lauderdale.
There are 119 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tamarac area, with 4 in Tamarac and 115 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tamarac is $3,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595. Cheaper nearby regions include Margate with an average starting cost of $2,925.
To help you with your search, browse the 573 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tamarac. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tamarac 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Coral Springs with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tamarac, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tamarac, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tamarac
Tamarac is located just beyond the Fort Lauderdale city limits in Boward County and right off the shore. The town is considered senior-friendly and offers four local assisted living communities (ALFs) and 60 nearby. The Bureau of Health Facility Regulation provides all licensing and regulatory procedures for facilities in and around Tamarac.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tamarac
- Tamarac has a cost of living that is 4.1 percent lower than the national average and 5.4 percent lower than the state one. Seniors may face a slightly higher cost of living here, often paying over 6.8 percent on groceries, 5 percent on health care, 11 percent on transportation and 5 percent on goods and services.
- Weather temperatures in Tamarac average between 68 to 82 degrees, with average winter months rarely dropping below 60 and summer months rarely exceeding 92 degrees. Seniors may need to account for the high rainfall during the summer months, as it limits the number of outdoor activities scheduled by ALFs.
- The air quality in Tamarac is considered some of the best in the nation. Seniors enjoy an 86 percent better pollution index and a 17 percent better air quality index (AQI).
- Tamarac is considered safer than 27 percent of all cities in the nation and 46 percent safer than communities in the state. Seniors may feel more secure walking outside at nighttime here with violent crime rates being 91 percent lower than the national average.
- Tamarac, part of the Fort Lauderdale area, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Tamarac has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Tamarac Community Center Senior Program, an organization that provides seniors with services, programs and activities at its local senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tamarac
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Tamarac start around $2,875 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tamarac and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tamarac
Medicaid offers financial assistance to eligible seniors in Tamarac through the Assistive Care Services (ACS) waiver. Eligible seniors will also have three state-funded programs to request for aid, including the Florida Medicaid, Managed Care Waiver Long-Term Care Program (MLTC), optional state supplement (OSS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tamarac
Tamarac and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tamarac, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tamarac
Tamarac-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Tamarac, FL
Other Options in Tamarac, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tamarac
Review of Cherry Oak Active Senior Living Residence
My cousin will be moving into Cherry Oak Active Senior Living Residence. It's extremely clean, and everybody was busy doing everything that they had to do (e.g., cleaning). Everything was very orga... Read more
Review of Wickshire Tamarac
It was excellent. The administrator was so, so sweet. She was friendly, she was thorough, and she was welcoming. I felt like she was family. The inside was so clean, but we were not able to go to ... Read more
Review of Wickshire Tamarac
My father passed away recently less than one month shy of 96. This last year of his life that he spent at Wickshire Tamarac was one of his happiest...despite his own health challenges and a raging ... Read more