11 Assisted Living Facilities near Weston, FL
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Weston area, with 2 in Weston and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Weston is $2,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Sunrise with an average starting cost of $2,623.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Weston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Weston 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Weston, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Weston, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Weston
Weston, perched on the edge of the Everglades Wildlife Refuge, is a suburb of both Miami and Fort Lauderdale where seniors aged 65 and over make up almost 11% of the population. For seniors who love the outdoors, the 157-acre Long Key Nature Center in nearby Davie is only a 20-minute drive. There, seniors can enjoy shaded nature trails and an exhibit hall with native plants and live animals.
There are 50 assisted living residences in Weston and nearby areas like Cooper City and Pembroke Pines, providing residential care for seniors who need help with daily activities. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is responsible for licensing assisted living facilities in Weston and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Weston
- From mid-autumn through early spring, Weston has comfortable temperatures ranging from the 70s to the mid-80s. Weston is right on the edge of the Everglades, however, and summers can be muggy and hot. Sometimes temperatures reach the mid-90s, which could be uncomfortable for seniors.
- The cost of living in Weston is about 50% higher than the U.S. average overall, but seniors benefit from healthcare costs that are only 96% of the national average.
- The Weston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Cleveland Clinic Medical Center and Memorial West Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Minutes from Weston, there are several nature parks with walking trails that should interest seniors. The nearby Flamingo Gardens is one of the oldest botanical gardens in Florida, with eagles, otters, peacocks and hundreds of flamingos living among rare and exotic native plants.
- Weston is located in Broward County, a hub of cultural activities for seniors, including attractions like the Museum of Discovery and Science. Seniors can also enjoy bus trips, lunch outings, seminars and movie afternoons through the Weston Parks and Recreation 55+ Club.
- Florida has no state income tax and, especially of interest to seniors, it has no estate, or inheritance, tax. The 6% state sales tax doesn't apply to food or medicine, another boon for seniors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Weston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Weston start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Weston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Weston
The Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) provides funding for assisted living to eligible seniors. A Medicare Advantage Plan may offer an assisted living benefit, and social security payments can help meet the monthly expense.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Weston
Weston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Weston, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Weston
Weston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Weston
Review of Jubilee Assisted Living of Florida, LLC
This is a one of a kind facility where you find away from home feels just like home, where professional care is taken to all clients in a caring and loving way... I highly recommend this living fac... Read more