Heartland of Tamarac

Reviews of Heartland of Tamarac

Assisted Living Reviews for Heartland of Tamarac

June 11, 2012

By bcallaway

The staff was knowledgeable yet busy. There was a marked difference between efficacy of the rehabilitation staff and staff tasked with everyday care of guests. Rehab, though hard, was one of the things Grandfather looked forward to. The rest of his time was spent largely alone in his room. His basic needs were met well, but he was lonely when his family wasn't with him. So overall, the experience is neutral, a viable solution for anyone looking for a safe place for relatives.

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland of Tamarac

September 09, 2017

By Nonna123

Poor care. Call lights stay on forever! I had to keep leaving my mom's side to try and get help for her and each person I asked for help just kept passing the buck to someone else.
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

May 06, 2017

By fatboy57

I am 57 years old and I had a right full knee replacement in Coral Springs Hospital. I was told by phsycial therpy that I had no choice but go into a rehab skilled nursing facility. The case worker told me that the only place with a bed was Heartland of Tamarac. So I had no choice but to go there. I was transported by amubulace to the facility and I arrived at the center at 5:00 p.m.. They rolled me to my room where the bed wasn't made up for me to get into the bed. So I had to wait until the aid finished the bed. This waiting put a bad taste in my mouth about this place. Finally got into bed. I am a diabete and still didn't have anything to eat or drink yet for dinner and the nurse didn't come into the room to see me about 3 hours later. The nurse said to me that he had to do a full evualation on my body from head to toes. First they had to weigh me with this crane and nets around my male jewels and my stomach and back.. I never been so scared in my life this thing picking me up. to weigh me.That was just the beginning than he and the other aides striped my hospital gown off to examine me of any wounds. They saw the wound on my but and noted in there evaluation papers.. But still nothing down about me sore on my butt. Even after I complain about the pain coming from the sore on my butt. They finally got me something to eat that looked like throwup on the plate. They do a good job of ignoring you and a long job to answer the call bell. I called on the call bell that I needed to go the bathroom to urinate. The nurse finally came and handed me a bottle to stick my penis in a urinate. I had a hard time holding it and the nurse refused to help me so I wet the bed and myself. The nurse finally came to me and kind of got mad with me. Beacause now they had to change the bed linens and wash me up and change my gown. Stayed there at this place for 8 days and no one bath me nor addressed my wounds. This place is no place for someone to get better. I would't send my mouse he to get nursing help.

We are sorry that you had a negative experience at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

April 29, 2017

By wendipam

Wish I didn't have to put even one star. The care in this place is beyond sad. We had no choice but to get a 24/7 private care for my father. The aids do nothing to assist. They do not care at all. They are by far the laziest! They treated my father so poorly. With a private nurse they should have been thankful for the help. Please never ever put a loved one here. They do not receive the proper care. Call lights stay on for a very long time before they will look. I've walked past rooms and helped patients calling out for help. Just a sad pathetic nursing home. DO your research before sending anyone there.. Fight your insurance company before they make you use this please. My fathers cell phone was stolen from his room. They even came back the next day and took the charge. Plus his mimi ipad was taken from his room when he went for treatment.

March 24, 2017

By unhappy patients wife

No care, no consideration for the patient, no answer when you are asking for help, etc... Only here for rehab took over an hour for pain meds and three hours to get help back to bed. Horrible that a person should not get meds and help in a timely manner.

We are sorry that you are having a negative experience at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

January 20, 2016

By Remy Simon

My husband is there and if I want to be sure he is taking care of, I need to be there as long as possible. The place looks wonderful, sparkling, no bad odor but that is all. No care, no consideration for the patient, no answer when you are asking for help, etc... Please, do not sent people you love there and even the one you do not like. It is ashamed this place is still opened.

September 13, 2015

By sos22

Negligent and uncaring staff for the most part. Every day there is a new issue and trying to find someone to help is impossible because no one takes responsibility for anything. If you want the director or director of nursing find them standing outside smoking.

August 07, 2015

By grossedoutbymannorcare

This place is disgusting! First off my mother's room is filthy and things are broken like the wardrobe and bed clips. There are crumbs on the floor and in the drawers which ants are crawling on and eating. Can i attach pics? She was admitted and put in a room and the nurse went on break before giving her any water, meds, food or ice packs to ice her injury. The staff takes forever to come and i have seen some people wet themselves waiting then have to wait even longer to be changed. The nurses move your personal things around, adjust you and your medical apparatuses, and even move you where you ask to go based on there whim. I am so disgusted.

April 14, 2015

By Lcl41178

My mother was there for a very miserable few days. I had her transfered. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. I wouldn't send my dog there. The staff showed no compassion to my mother at all. The CNA didn't know how to put my mothers Bi Pap machine on my mom. They also "forgot" to put it on her 2 nights in a row. My mother almost died once before because she went without her Bi Pap machine. Please take my advice and look for ANY other place but Heartland of Tamarac.

March 18, 2015

By Handimom

My brother is in this facility as I write this. I can not give this facility a favorable rating as there are too many negative experiences to list them all here. (I had to give at least one star to be able to post this review.) From ignoring the patient's cries for help to jerking the nurse's call button from the hand of the patient and throwing it on the floor because the nurse is "too busy to come running every time you want something". The calls are not returned from the social worker, who is "the only person I can get information from", in a timely manner. The patient is asked important questions regarding his care and expected to perform physical therapy while under strong pain medications. But when the patient complains about anything, he is ignored as being not able to accurately identify his needs. The family/care partner is not consulted regarding care or discharge. The nurse in charge only follows orders regardless of the condition of the patient. IE: my brother had a badly inflamed upper arm above the IV port the hospital had installed. He had complained of pain to the nurse who said she couldn't do anything about it because the hospital had ordered it. I showed it to the nurse who said she would have to wait until morning to call the doctor! She ultimately removed it that night, at my insistence, but if I hadn't seen it, my brother would have suffered further injury to his health. I am extremely disappointed in this facility. It is not the first Rehab Center he has been in, and while there are similar, unavoidable occurrences like these at all of them, this one has had an unacceptable amount of negative ones. If you are in the position that we were in, having no other choice but Heartland of Tamarac available to place your loved one into, I recommend that you stay with your family member as much as possible during their stay.

February 01, 2015

By joyceparano

My mom was sent there last week for few days.i am being honest I would not send my dog to that rehab The call button doesn't work, they don't give you your meds unless you ask for them.if your elderly how are they going to remember, to ask about meds,when my moms sugar was 350 nurse wasn't in rush to get her in diabetes meds all I know is this if you want good care for your loved one don't put them there. They have no coffee, tea ,water after 6 pm god forbid your loved one was hungry answer was go to 711 seriously not even tea. hot water..lady in bed next to my mom stayed in bed no one came to check her she didn't move.horrible horrible place.if you want your love one to be sicker then they were before went in. Don't send them there I am being truthful

April 15, 2014

By concernedaboutmydad

I do not recommend this facility. My father was here on 3 different occasions in the past few years. Most recently the staff was slow to respond and incompetent. The food is terrible as well. Personal items were stolen from my Dad as well. My father is well aware of his health conditions, is alert and doesn't have memory issues. Thank goodness, because he had to help the staff to be sure the care he was getting would not cause adverse effects.

July 24, 2013

By Husband 0024

My wife was in Heartland for rehab. It was a very nice facility with nice people working there. She's been there before and she's comfortable there. They have activities like bingo, cards and physical therapy. They could improve on the quality of the food and a quicker response to the needs of the patients.

Services and Amenities of Heartland of Tamarac

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Heartland of Tamarac

Heartland of Tamarac is a senior living provider in Tamarac, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland of Tamarac for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland of Tamarac