79 Assisted Living Facilities near Parkland, FL
There are 79 Assisted Living Facilities in the Parkland area, with 3 in Parkland and 76 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Parkland is $4,321 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include Coral Springs with an average starting cost of $2,905.
To help you with your search, browse the 521 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Parkland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Parkland 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Miami Gardens with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Parkland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Parkland, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Parkland
Parkland, Florida, part of the Miami metropolitan area is home to 32,202 people, 10.5 percent of whom are aged 65 and older. The city has three assisted living facilities to serve its aging population, and there are 76 more facilities in neighboring areas. The numerous beaches, museums, and nature preserves nearby may make it easy for seniors to find a facility that plans frequent outings.
All of Parkland's assisted living facilities are overseen by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. This department licenses and regulates all facilities in the state to ensure they meet state requirements and provide seniors with a safe, healthy home.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Parkland
- The Parkland area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Coral Springs.
- Florida is a state that's considered tax-friendly for seniors. It doesn't impose an income tax on retirement accounts, pension payments, or Social Security benefits. This may help seniors allocate more money towards their assisted living costs.
- The year-round warm weather in Parkland makes it easy for seniors to enjoy outdoor activities. However, the area can get hot and muggy in the summer. This could bother seniors with COPD, asthma, or other breathing conditions.
- Seniors and their families don't need to worry much about crime and personal safety in Parkland. The city's overall crime rate is 71 percent lower than Florida's average. Also, the city's violent crime rate is 83 percent lower than the national average.
- Parkland's overall cost of living is 53 percent higher than the national average, which could make it difficult for low-income seniors to find affordable assisted living facilities. However, the average cost of healthcare is four percent lower than the national average and two percent lower than Florida's median.
- The air quality index in Parkland is 18 percent better than the national average. This may make the city an ideal location for seniors with respiratory illnesses. Additionally, the city's pollution index is 86 percent better than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Parkland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Parkland start around $4,321 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Parkland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Parkland
Florida's Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) program helps qualified seniors pay costs associated with living in an assisted living facility. The state also has an Assistive Care Services program designed specifically for low-income seniors residing in assisted living facilities, residential treatment facilities, and adult family care homes
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Parkland
Parkland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Parkland, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Parkland Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Parkland
Parkland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Parkland, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Parkland
Review of Allegro - Parkland
Allegro Senior Living was just too big for my mom and too many amenities that she would not have used. The staff was fabulous, and it was brand new. They had tons of things to do, and I think she w... Read more
Review of Allegro - Parkland
My mother moved into Allegro Parkland and she's doing well. I think they're exceptional, very proactive, welcoming, and professional. It's a new facility, beautiful, feels like a hotel, and very mo... Read more
Review of Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons
My mother is at Aston Gardens. The one- and two bedroom rooms are very nice. You have to bring your furniture, but it's a very nice place. We like it very much. They offer games, television, and le... Read more