24 Assisted Living Facilities near Jensen Beach, FL
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jensen Beach area, with 3 in Jensen Beach and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jensen Beach is $2,695 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Port Saint Lucie with an average starting cost of $2,499.
To help you with your search, browse the 172 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jensen Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jensen Beach 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stuart with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jensen Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jensen Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jensen Beach
Jensen Beach is a small community located in Florida’s Treasure Coast. Nearly 12,000 people reside in Jensen Beach, and almost 30 percent of them are seniors. This community is home to three assisted living facilities. The surrounding area, which includes Port Saint Lucie and Stuart, offers another 19 facilities.
Assisted living facilities in Jensen Beach are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). These facilities provide assistance with personal care, nutrition and medication management, and they are home to one or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jensen Beach
- Jensen Beach has an average of 239 sunny days per year, so seniors can enjoy their favorite outdoor activities. Winter lows are in the 50s, while summer highs creep into the 90s.
- The cost of living in Jensen Beach is higher than the national average, though lower than the Florida average. Seniors who are interested in relocating to Florida may choose Jensen Beach for this reason.
- Jensen Beach is serviced by Martin County’s Public Transit Service. Three fixed-route bus routes are available, so seniors can travel to medical facilities and shopping centers. Special programs for accessible transportation are available to ADA-eligible seniors.
- Jensen Beach offers plenty of activities for seniors. The community is home to many specialty stores and fine dining restaurants, and some assisted living facilities may take residents on supervised outings to these destinations.
- Jensen Beach has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Stuart, Florida.
- Jensen Beach has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Log Cabin Senior Center. This center provides recreational programming, such as low-cost art and yoga classes, for area seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jensen Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Jensen Beach start around $2,595 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jensen Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jensen Beach
As in the rest of Florida, Jensen Beach seniors may be eligible for financial assistance through the state’s Optional State Supplementation (OSS) program. This cash assistance program helps eligible seniors pay for room and board at licensed assisted living facilities. This program is designed to supplement a senior’s other income and can be received alongside Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jensen Beach
Jensen Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jensen Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jensen Beach
Jensen Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Jensen Beach, FL
Other Options in Jensen Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jensen Beach
Review of Grand Oaks - Jensen Beach
Grand Oaks - Jensen Beach was very good. I would've liked to put my husband in there, but when we were ready, they didn't have any openings. It was a nice and fairly new building. It was a lovely f... Read more
Review of Grand Oaks - Jensen Beach
Grand Oaks was very clean and very modern. The rooms were very nice. They had different size rooms. It looked fine; it looked pretty good to me. The staff member who assisted me was very nice. I th... Read more
Review of The Cabana at Jensen Dunes
The Cabana at Jensen Dunes is amazing. My friend's apartment has a little kitchen area, a nice full living room, a large master bedroom, bath, a walk-in closet, and pantry in the kitchen. It's very... Read more