24 Assisted Living Facilities near Stuart, FL
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stuart area, with 7 in Stuart and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stuart is $4,259 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395. Cheaper nearby regions include Jensen Beach with an average starting cost of $2,475.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stuart. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stuart 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hobe Sound with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Stuart find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stuart, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Stuart, FL
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Stuart, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stuart
Stuart is located on Florida's Atlantic coast in Martin County, a region where nearly one-third of the population is age 65 or older. To accommodate this large senior population, Stuart has seven assisted living facilities, with 25 in nearby cities. The Florida Department of Elder Affairs oversees the operation and licensing of assisted living facilities, or ALFs, in the state. These facilities must obtain a standard license to operate, allowing them to provide housing, meals and personal care services such as medication administration, social activities and health monitoring, for its residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stuart
- Stuart’s location on Florida’s southeast Atlantic Coast delivers year-round warm weather, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Average highs in the winter are in the mid-70s. During the summer months, temperatures often reach 90 degrees.
- Stuart’s cost of living is slightly higher than the national average. Housing is about 6 percent higher than the national average and 8 percent higher than the Florida average. Seniors in Stuart might see this cost of living reflected in ALF expenses.
- Violent crime in Stuart is less problematic than it is in other parts of Florida. Overall, Stuart is safer than about 12 percent of U.S. cities, so seniors should feel relatively confident when traveling about on day trips in town. While violent crime rates are lower than the Florida average, property crime rates are higher. There's 1 in 29 chance of being the victim of a property crime in Stuart.
Martin County’s Public Transit Service operates fixed route buses that run in Stuart. All buses are wheelchair accessible, making public transportation available to wheelchair-bound seniors.
- The Stuart area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Martin Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Stuart has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging in Martin County, an organization that operates the Kane Center, which offers an adult day program, as well as more three additional senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stuart
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Stuart start around $4,246 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stuart and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stuart
Eligible seniors in Stuart can secure financial assistance for assisted living facilities through one of two state programs. The need-based Optional State Supplementation program provides a monthly stipend to assist with ALF costs to income-eligible seniors. In addition, the two-pronged Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program includes the Long-Term Care Managed Care Program and Managed Medical Assistance Program. Both of these programs can offer financial assistance to Medicaid-eligible seniors who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stuart
Stuart and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stuart, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stuart
Stuart-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Stuart, FL
Other Options in Stuart, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stuart
Review of Inspired Living at Stuart
The team is incredible! Joseph and Tracey listened and really cared. I was not sure I could do this for Eva. I was feeling guilty taking her out of her home of 36 yrs. After seeing the complex and ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Stuart
Brookdale Stuart was a nice and small environment, which might be good for someone who needs more care. My father is quite mobile, but he's not quite at that level yet. It's more intimate and more ... Read more
Review of Solaris Senior Living Stuart
Solaris Senior Living Stuart was dated, but the apartments were outstanding. They just didn't have enough activity for the people. The person during the visit was amazing, friendly, accommodating, ... Read more