Brookdale Jensen Beach

Reviews of Brookdale Jensen Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Jensen Beach

July 25, 2021

By Lynn

My parents and I toured Brookdale Jensen Beach. It was clean. It was nice. It was on the water, and there was a big park across the street that my parents could go to. They could see the water and just the atmosphere was very nice. The neighborhood was very nice too. There was no beach; it's just intercoastal. There's a walking trail, and I don't know if they help you or you there yourself. My parents are still able though. They could walk over there, and you could probably take a golf cart. There's a nice park across the street, and there's a mansion (that's what they call it). It's not part of the facility, but they have music, little concerts, and stuff that they would be able to either see from there or go to easily. The staff was very nice, not quite helpful but nice. They have trips to grocery stores like Walgreens or Wal-Mart. They have a kitchen restaurant that you can eat in. They didn't offer us a sample. We didn't go there. It's very nice inside. I don't know what their activities are. It was a much shorter tour. They didn't call and follow up. It's not quite inviting, and my parents passed on it. They were there for like 15 minutes, and they were like "no." It was still a nice facility; it just wasn't for them. They're very outdoorsy people, and Brookdale is more hotel-like and more apartments-inside-a-building type. They didn't have a door that opened up to the outdoors. There were no balconies or outside porch or anything like that. I know it's also more expensive than the other ones we've seen.

April 15, 2021

By Brenda

The staff member wasn't as knowledgeable, nor as familiar, with Brookdale Jensen Beach because she is not normally from there and she works for another Brookdale facility. She didn't have all the knowledge that I was looking to get when going there, but it wasn't her fault, it's just that she was covering for somebody. At that time, they were undergoing a little bit of renovation, so things weren't really set up adequately; things could get confusing. The staff member also didn't know the live-ins that we passed by, and she didn't address them personally. They were cleaning some carpets and they had some machinery in the middle of the floor drying the carpets, which I thought could be dangerous to the residents. The surroundings were uplifting and beautiful, but I didn't like the inside of a resident's room. It didn't have a separate kitchen area. There was a countertop and a half refrigerator, but there was no microwave or toaster oven, so it wasn't as homey as I felt it should be for the residents.

March 04, 2021

By Mary

My dad has moved into Brookdale Jensen Beach. They are very cooperative and friendly. He feels like he would fit in the community. His room is large, has lots of windows, and well appointed. He has a large bathroom and a large closet space. He is independent with dressing assistance. He just needs a little help getting dressed. They're also helping him with his medicines. They help him get dressed and that's only because he needs an abdominal bind to put on. He grooms himself, and he feeds himself. He has a complicated medical profile for medicines, and for his safety, they are administering his medications. They're on lockdown and my dad is still in quarantine. He has not tested negative twice on the Covid test, so all of his meals are being served in his suite. He has had no complaints with the food. Breakfast and dinner are served to all the residents in their rooms. They are allowed to dine at lunch with a timed seating arrangement and spatial safety. He got his shot yesterday, so that's good. He is looking forward to dining in the dining room. Right now, my dad hasn't had any of the activities because he has to stay in his room until he is released from quarantine. On the tour, we saw a very extensive large library. They have exercise every morning, they have a beautiful pool that they've just refurbished, they have a gym there, and they have a walkabout around the property, which is a walking trail kind of thing. They also said that they would be happy to transport him to the park across the street, which is like a waterfront park that is very lovely. The staff seems responsive. They can't serve food in the dining room, but I think the menu has plenty of variety.

February 18, 2021

By Suzanne

I moved my parents into Brookdale Jensen Beach. It's pretty good, and they're very friendly. They're doing a remodel. Their dining rooms are closed because of Covid. We picked a fairly big 1-bedroom with a little kitchen area and a nice sized living room. During Covid, they're getting their meals delivered, so they're not hot like they would be if they were in the dining room. They haven't done any activities yet. They do a carriage ride, but it's very limited during the Coronavirus. I think they have excellent care there, and I think that it's one of the best places that we have found for the value of care. They have a salon and manicurists. I know that they're gonna have a little coffee shop in that open field that's just been redone.

January 26, 2021

By Jeff

I went to Brookdale Jensen Beach. The staff seemed inexperienced; they were really young people. The building was way old and they were doing a remodel, so the vents were off, and there was at least an inch to inch and a half of dust coated around all of the vents for heating and air conditioning. There was an outdoor pool. I saw the room because I wanted to see if you can see the river, but it was hard to see. The room was small. They were finishing the $2M remodel, and it was still dirty. There are hospitals right in Stuart, and there's probably one in less than 5 miles. Everything is super close here, and I only put on like 4000 miles a year on my truck.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will be reviewing your feedback with our management team.

October 08, 2018

By Bethanne

We love Brookdale Jensen Beach, and my father loves it, too. It's a beautiful facility. The food is great. Everything has been great. He has a little efficiency that's nice, clean, painted, and has wood floors. It has beautiful gardens, a beautiful screened-in patio, and a beautiful library. The facility, the outdoor and courtyard are beautiful. They take them pretty much anywhere they want to go. They have outings where they take them to the bank and shopping. The staff is very nice and lovely. He loves the food.

August 06, 2018

By Beth

Beautiful setting and lovely caregivers!!!

April 08, 2018

By John

Brookdale Jensen Beach is convenient to where I was living before, and it is in a location that I like. That's the primary reason I chose it. So far, so good. The food is very good, the staff seems fine, and I think the service is good. Overall, I'm satisfied with them.

October 13, 2017

By Don

My aunt moved into Brookdale Jensen Beach. Her room is OK, but we're very dissatisfied with the staff. When she got there, she didn't particularly like it, and she wanted to get out of there. She uses a walker and the director says they couldn't risk her trying to get out of the facility, so she has to have 24-hour care. That extra care costs us over $2,000 a month. Her room is fine, but it's much smaller than what she had before, and the rent is $1,200 higher than when she was at senior living. We assumed that $1,200 paid for something, but it doesn't pay for anything but laundry. We were told she would have an escort to dinner, and she still hasn't gotten it. We were told she would get a shower twice a week, but nope, that's an extra fee. The food is good most of the time. She played Bingo once, but that's all.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

March 08, 2016

By Anonymous125204750

Brookdale Jensen Beach is where my father-in-law is now. I only had four days to get him into a place because they had to put him at the hospital, and then transferred him from the hospital to there. I really wasn’t crazy about it. It needs renovation, which they told me that they have approved plans for renovation, and it has an odor to it. He’s on the memory loss floor because he has Alzheimer’s, but the staff is wonderful. That’s the thing that got me: the staff and the fact that they were approved for renovations. They were very accommodating because they knew I was under pressure to get him into a place quickly. He’s in a shared room, but his room is very strange. It’s at the end of the hallway, and right now, there’s nobody in the other room, but when you walk in the door, you actually go through somebody’s bedroom to get to his bedroom, which I thought was a bit odd. He has a very large bedroom with a bed, dresser, two chairs, and a lamp. He shares a bathroom and a little kitchenette, which of course doesn’t have a microwave or anything like that, just a refrigerator and sink. Nobody likes that room and nobody wants to rent it because people have to go through the other room. They have activities that they post inside the door to the unit, so you can see what’s going on, like movie nights and Happy Hour on Friday nights. I don’t see a lot of activities going on there during the day and more activities happening downstairs than I do upstairs on the memory unit floor. Lunch and dinner seem a little hectic because there are three staff members working and trying to serve these people, but then they have to chase people who are wandering off. I think the people are great, but the things that they have to deal are tough, so I think they could use more help. There’s something on that floor that doesn’t seem right sometimes.

January 31, 2016

By John119265650

I visited Brookdale Jensen Beach (Formerly Emeritus at Jensen Beach), and it was very nice. I didn't meet the entire staff, but everybody seemed very happy including the residents. They seemed to like it. I only went to one room and it seemed very nice. They had a swimming pool. It was pretty much high end. They seemed to have a lot of activities.

January 29, 2016

By Satisfied relative1

Mother was at Emeritus, which is now Brookdalde Jensen Beach, when she was still ambulatory; but she is not now. That was beautiful, and I really liked it. We had no problem. She was there for about a year, and everything was fine. I ate with her several times, and the food was very nice. It’s a beautiful place too.

January 26, 2016

By JL6

The lady who showed me around Brookdale Jensen Beach --Formerly Emeritus at Jensen Beach-- was lovely, and very nice. She's a nurse, and she gave information concerning my parents. Everything else was mostly in sales. The living quarters were fine. They looked like high-class hotel rooms. The people seemed nice, and the place was incredibly nice. The lady who showed me around was just very qualified to talk to me. However, cost is the big issue in all these places.

December 24, 2015

By PennStreet

Really disappointed in care since Brookdale took over. Food is worse, service is worse, thinking of moving my mother back home. Chicken was awful today, carrot salad was worse. Mashed potatoes were 1/4 cup serving? Loved this place when Emeritus ran it. MANY of the staff people are Wonderful but there seem to be less of them? Building Improvements do Not =. Good client care. Food is very important for the elderly. If it is not appetizing they are not going to eat!

August 30, 2015

Brookdale is very homey. It’s nicely furnished, the people are terrific, and the meals are good. It’s in a nice location, and it has a pool.

August 10, 2015

By Robert111659250

I visited Brookdale Jensen Beach for my parents. We like it. It is up on the hill, and it is right across from the park. We were thinking about that place too. It seemed to be nice, but it was a little bit older, and I didn't really see as much easily accessible outdoor-type activities there. However, the facility was clean, and the staff was nice and pleasant too. I wouldn't hesitate to put my parents there.

July 06, 2015

I really liked the woman who showed me around Brookdale. She spent lot of time with me, and I got a sense of her caring nature. It was very quiet when I was there. I thought the rooms were smaller. The facility sits up on a hilltop, and you have a view of the ocean. They have physical and occupational therapy right in-house. The building seemed a little older. They have card players that play regularly.

May 29, 2015

By Jeanne28

Brookdale Jensen Beach was nice but not quite as nice as the other place. But the people there are very friendly. I love the lady administrator who runs the memory care. She was very nice and took a lot of time with me. Even though the place is not quite as nice, it was actually cheaper and they had specials wherein they give you one month free. It would be a tough decision if I actually brought my parents down here. The rooms were adequate and fine. They have a lot of activities. They have a lot of the same things, like they take people to day trips. They take them to outings to the beach and several different places. They have several different activities that they have listed on a paper they gave me. It seems like they were adequately staffed -- a little better than some other places. They do have extra people whenever they took them out to outings. It wasn't quite as beautiful inside as the other place, but they had some other things that were good. The people over there were friendly and very accommodating, while the lady in charge was very nice.

April 07, 2015

By Julia14

I placed my mother in Brookdale Jensen Beach. It is a very nice community. They seem to be very attentive to their clients, and the clients seem well cared for. I see lots of gentleness and smiles. It looks very good. So far, they have been wonderful. My only complaint is that they had five admissions on the same day, so it was a little confusing the first couple of hours.

March 31, 2015

I was able to visit and it was a very nice facility. Its location is very good, but their rooms are very small and not furnished. Everything else was very pretty. I met the coordinator and she was very nice.

February 26, 2015

It was too expensive, and the place was too big. The staff was OK, but I did not care for it. The building was very nice. The food was OK, and the activities were about the same as any other places. I suggest that when we say something, they keep their word on it. She had to be out by a certain time when she was going into the next facility, they told us the amount of time when she had to be out, and then they tried to charge us for it. I did not like the facility.

February 25, 2015

By Marilyn38

My father is now here. The staff is helpful, and the place is nice. They seem to give people enough freedom although the food could be better. Other than that, everything seems to be OK. The room that my father is in has enough room and is spacious. I think they could improve upon the food quality. Just from the talk from people in there, they serve a couple of good meals. Then they use whatever is left from the other ones to kind of mix up stuff. It is kind of cafeteria food. They could do with a little more activities. Now they do a lot of bus trips. They take them out to the store, to the beach, and sometimes to the park. But they don't really have enough physical activities. The layout of the facility and the staff impressed me the most.

October 22, 2014

I moved to this community in December. It is homey. I have an apartment with a living room, a bedroom, bathroom, and a little foyer with a walk-in closet. It is spacious. The food is good, better than in a hospital. The staff is very nice, accommodating, and very friendly. I’ve gone to play Bingo a couple of times.

September 08, 2014

By Patricia89483150

The person that guided me around was wonderful. She answered everything, and she took the time to sit down with me and explain everything. I was very impressed, I thought it was a beautiful facility, and I thought that would be a good place to be. The only thing I was worried about was it was high on the hill -- they’re right on the water, and so a lot of wind and storms. If I can afford it, I might want to go there. I remembered they had a happy hour when I walked in on them. The residents seemed happy.

June 19, 2014

My mother moved in on June 2. She liked the studio apartment because it's large. She is very happy in this facility. She is not yet participating in the activities, but I know that they have different church services, and they also have arts and crafts. They have special cookouts for different events. They have people come in for piano recitals. I have eaten there several times with my mother. I have been very impressed, and the quality of the food is good. Mom has been eating more since she has been there. The dining room is open from 7 am to 7 pm. They don’t have specific times for their meals. They can just go when they want, and that is very good.

March 31, 2014

I liked it because it was smaller. I liked the location, which was right across the park. I liked that they would take me to St. Andrew's Church on Sundays. I also liked the fact that there was an indoor pool.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Jensen Beach

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Jensen Beach

Questions about Brookdale Jensen Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All Brookdale employees receive Alzheimer's Lev 1 & Lev 2 training and annual update. We have mandatory monthly all-staff meetings, department-specific training and computer-based training and testing every month.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Jensen Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

late 50s to 90s with a good mix ratio of 60s, 70s & 80s!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Jensen Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

BFit programming specific to cardio, balance, strengthening - trips to Indian Riverside Park, Downtown Jensen Beach landmarks & dining, small social clubs to big room dancing!

What places are near Brookdale Jensen Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Indian Riverside Park on the Indian River, Dolphin Bar, Conky Joe's, Crawdaddy's, Bennehannahs Japanese Steakhouse, Jan's Place Breakfast Diner, Martin County Sailing Club, and more!

What transportation services does Brookdale Jensen Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Appointments Tuesday & Thursday within 10 miles, trips to Publix, CVS, Walgreens, Banks & Pharmacies, Walmart, Dollar Stores, Kohl's, and restaurants! Our Drive Joe does a historic scenic route & trips offsite!

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Jensen Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Mindus has been with Brookdale 7 years, and takes the time to get to know our residents, their likes & dislikes & has been 'opening' breakfast a little early every day for years to accomodate a few 'early birds'! Most importantly, she and her team are great cooks & our residents meet our Chef monthly for Chef Chat to provide feedback & share what they would like on upcoming dietary menus for snacks, Always Available & Special Menus!

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Jensen Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Covered Drive Entrances, wide hallways throughout, all common-area restrooms equipped with pull-cord & residents are provided a personal pendent to wear on their person for assistance, 24/7 associate assistance, grab bars in resident apartment bathrooms, and in-house Therapy Home Health providers & other healthcare professionals.

How does Brookdale Jensen Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our families get an email update at least twice monthly on the goings-on & our residents, even if they are completely independent and assessed bi-annually or as needed. Our Clinical team will follow-up with families directly on any or no changes. Brookdale Jensen Beach also does a manager call-out periodically to touch base with all responsible parties.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Jensen Beach during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale's Personal Service System is designed to take each resident's preferences, including times of day, into account & scheduled so the system can ensure appropriate staffing for our residents care needs to the hour of everyday. The ratio fluctuates with our resident's personal care needs.

If Brookdale Jensen Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We welcome dogs, cats, and other pets to Brookdale Jensen Beach - Brookdale is the only senior living that has PET CARE PLANS that include walks, litter boxes, food & water and pet medication!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale Jensen Beach completes all state-regulated training requirements, one-on-one, group training, computer training and testing, shadowing other associates, and orientation. This process is 1-2 weeks.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Jensen Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured, separate Memory Care community on site. If our residents have no infection or illness and suffer from short-term memory loss, we would work with our families to transition them to Memory Care so they can be engaged socially and enjoy a programming designed specifically with them in mind.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Jensen Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Memory Care Programming is designed for residents with short-term memory loss and our Memory Care Program Coordinator works with families to learn hobbies, professions, hometowns and much more to create events our residents will enjoy.

Assessments are completed prior to taking a possession of an apartment, 14-30 days later, then bi-annually or as needed if there is a condition change. Families are notified of any changes.

What techniques does Brookdale Jensen Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Brookdale has created a table-setting that helps residents during meals with dark placement & white plates. Residents are given a few drinks, ie water and juice to ensure hydration, usually fish aquarium is playing as studies indicate this helps people with Memory Loss consume more food, and lastly our associates describe the meals and allow them to enjoy a social setting focused on eating while monitoring their intake. If they are not enjoying their meal, they are offered and served a different meal.

How does Brookdale Jensen Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Jensen Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale Jensen Beach is located on 10 acres, directly across from the Indian Riverside Park & Indian River. It's a small town, salt in the wind kind of place. No high-rises for miles and very relaxed and home-style.

Is Brookdale Jensen Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Brookdale Jensen Beach residents are taken to Martin Memorial North, soon to be Cleveland Clinic, minutes away.

Photos of Brookdale Jensen Beach

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: AL9294

About Brookdale Jensen Beach

Brookdale Jensen Beach is a senior housing facility that provides a home-like setting and cheerful smiles from the professional staff greeting residents every day. The caring team offers the assistance seniors need while respecting their independence. Brookdale's peaceful setting, restaurant-style dining and activities combine to create an enriching environment. Daily special events, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs are available to enhance the experience of each resident. Residents have unlimited opportunities to get to know other residents and staff. Seniors can call to set up an appointment for a tour. Amenities include daily assistance with bathing and dressing, assistance with reminders and redirection, medication management and an emergency response call system. This community also provides housekeeping, laundry and linen service, escorts and assistance with walking and dining assistance.

Map of Brookdale Jensen Beach