3 Assisted Living Facilities near Centerville, OH
Also serving communities of Jackson, Gallipolis, Wellston, Pomeroy, Proctorville.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Centerville area, with 2 in Centerville and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Centerville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Centerville 3.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wheelersburg with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Centerville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Centerville, OH
1 Assisted Living Facility near Centerville, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Centerville
More than 40,000 people attended the world's first soap box derby, which was held just north of Centerville, Ohio, in 1933. Today, soap box derbies are still a popular attraction for people of all ages.
Centerville's three assisted living communities provide around-the-clock care from staff, as well as help managing the activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing and preparing meals. The Ohio Department of Health’s Office of Health Assurance and Licensing regulates these communities for residents' good health and freedom of action.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Centerville
- Centerville is close enough to Dayton to share much of its weather. Summer highs in Centerville can reach 84 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter lows get down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. This can be an issue for seniors with respiratory disorders like COPD and asthma. The Dayton area gets 41 inches of rain in a typical year.
- The cost of Living in Centerville is slightly lower than the average nationwide. Seniors who shop for groceries here can expect to pay about 90 percent the typical price, while health care costs a comfortable 88 percent the national average.
- The income tax Ohio charges wage earners runs from 0.495 to 0.497 percent of all money earned, and local communities can add up to 3 percent more to that bite. Seniors who live off of pensions, investments and Social Security may qualify for some tax exemptions, though.
- Centerville is on the south side of Dayton, but it's far enough out that the local crime rate is half the national average. Violent crimes are especially uncommon, which makes evening strolls safer here for seniors than in most other places in America.
- Seniors who depend on public transportation to get around can visit the public office of Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA) to get their senior riders' discount ID card. RTA also offers dial-a-ride service for seniors and riders with disabilities who need a lift to medical appointments and other one-shot trips into town.
- The Centerville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Miami Valley Hospital South, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Centerville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Centerville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Centerville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Centerville
The Assisted Living Waiver program helps Ohio seniors who qualify for Medicaid handle the cost of assisted living. Seniors can also use the state's residential state supplement program to help cover assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Centerville
Centerville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Centerville, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Centerville
Centerville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Centerville, OH
Other Options in Centerville, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Centerville
Review of St. Leonard
When calling Facility they are extremely difficult to get a hold of and do not answer phone calls. Staff is very slow and even inattentive. Read more
Review of St. Leonard
My mother lives a cottage which is very nice. She moved here to set herself up in the event that she need assisted living or rehabilitation, that she would not burden her family. She had to have ... Read more
Review of St. Leonard
I like St. Leonard. They had a good independent living community, but we're going to assisted living. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere and environment were very good. P... Read more