Brookdale Kettering

Brookdale Kettering (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Kettering

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Kettering

March 07, 2015

Grand Court is very old. I did not like it. The rooms are big and spacious, but the interior was out of date. The assisted living area has no life at all. I didn't see anybody out and about. In the front part where they had the independent living, there were people out and about, but there was nothing going on at the back. It was old, and it was not alive. The person who was supposed to give us our tour was late. It wasn't that long, but it wasn't a good thing. She was nice and knowledgeable even though she hasn't been there that long. I didn't see any interaction between the staff and the residents there. There was no friendly, cordial atmosphere. They were not greeting them when she met them which was important to me. I wouldn't put anybody there. They need to update their facility and modernize it.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and for providing feedback. Please be assured that we have an appropriate amount of staff on hand to take care of all of our resident’s needs. Your feedback will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

January 26, 2015

I visited Grand Court Dayton for my mother. I only talked to one person, and she was very nice. The whole facility itself was on one level, but it was extremely large and my first thought was my mother will get totally lost going around here, and she probably will end up just staying in her room and not trying to venture out. It was a little overwhelming. They had a very large dining area. The day I was there, there was a man and lady singing and they had a lot of people in there watching; they actually came from other nursing homes to watch. The place was clean. One thing I noticed is, as soon as I pulled in there, the parking situation was not really good. I had a hard time finding a place to park. Regarding location, it is very conveniently located to the new mall, it is close to I-675 and there are a lot of restaurants there.

July 21, 2014

By Kengland

My grandparents were here for the last 6 months an during that time the staff here were negligent and lazy. Meds were not given on time an sometimes not at all. Diabetic diets were not followed and my grandfather had several falls. Even after multiple trips to the hospital and beig labeled a fall risk he was not given a wheelchair alarm and was left for hours unattended. The last fall left him looking like he was in a boxing match and lost. The Grand court seemed uninformed about the care my grandparents needed and nickel and dined them for services needed. Overall I would put my wort enemy in this or any other brookdale facility. They have been moved to a competent facility and are happy and healthy.

May 31, 2014

I liked the 24-hour availability of Grand Court. They showed me a one-bedroom apartment, and the rent included two meals. They have transportation for doctor’s appointments. The staff was very friendly, very professional, and knew what they’re doing.

April 23, 2014

By Debra27

Grand Court Dayton is a very large facility and very clean. The dining room was big, and the gathering spaces were also big. They look more independent overall. The staff are very attentive, and I never felt that they were just showing what they wanted me to see. They also continuously followed up with me. The rooms actually seem fine. It would have been more of what my dad was looking for, and if I was looking for something, I would consider living there.

April 21, 2014

By Izzy2

We like Grand Court Dayton. They have multiple dining rooms. They have a series of smaller dining rooms, so you can eat in groups. They have two kinds of rooms. They have just a bedroom with a little bit of a kitchen, and then they have a one-bedroom. The staff was good.

March 18, 2014

By kimberle1

I was at Grand Court when I had my neck surgery. Everything was great. It was fine, I was comfortable there. They came in and checked on me, gave me plenty of towels and changed my sheet regularly. They let me have my dog there. One even wanted to walk my dog for me. The food was pretty good, but I didn’t really eat a lot of their food. My room had a little kitchenette, so I could have some of my own food. I made a lot of smoothies, fruits and vegetables were always on my diet. The bathroom was great. They had a nice handicapped bathroom, it was easy to use. But, when I first got there, I had to wipe off the counter. It wasn't clean as I like it. Also, you're supposed to have all the things you need in the kitchen, there was not a lot. I didn’t like their pans, it seemed old and dirty so I had to get my own.

March 17, 2014

By Debbie77669350

I visited the Grand Court Dayton, Dayton, OH. This is a good and nice facility. The staff was friendly and nice and the environment of this facility looks like very happy

September 11, 2013

By Jill8

Grand Court Dayton was the facility where my mom stayed. The location was very nice. It had a homey environment and she felt more at home. She got a whole apartment for a good price. She liked to look out at the flowers and it had a very scenic view from her living room. She also had a patio where she went out and got fresh air. The food was good too. And the staff was attentive and they did more for her like the laundry and housekeeping every week.

July 25, 2013

By caring0701213

Grand Court Dayton is a great place. The place is clean. If I was gonna be going to a place, I think this facility I would choose. The main thing that caught my eye originally was the little patio areas that they have there. I have both a small dog and a cat and they said they would accept that.

June 29, 2013

By John Patrick Collons

Grand Court Dayton is a five star facility because it is the best in the area. I like the facility, particularly, the menu and the dining, they have a monthly menu and daily menu and there are choices of soup, salads, all kinds of desserts and side dishes and nice selection every day. They got everything here that the others have and more. They only problem I have is the delay in maintenance. But I would recommend Grand Court Dayton to everyone.

June 19, 2013

By Pegues-nixon

I liked Grand Court. It was great. They gave us a guided tour, and the people were very friendly. I like the location. It's right by the multiplex mall and a movie theater. I was very impressed with the people, the activity, and the facility.

January 24, 2013

By BrendaW1

Mom loves being at Grand Court. I think they're all very friendly. They keep the residents engaged which is important. But she doesn't like the food. She said it's unseasoned. I think it just needs to be more tasteful. And it would be nice if they have an outside area just to sit. My mom has made a lot of friends there.

November 07, 2012

By Chris stevenns

The staff was friendly. I felt we were doing the right thing and not just putting mom in a home.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Kettering

April 22, 2014

By Debra27

April 30, 2013

I visited Grand Court when I looked for a facility for myself. It was my first choice because it was near my house and it was just a small apartment complex. It was also in the same neighborhood so I did not have any trouble with the doctors. I would choose this facility when I needed to move.

June 24, 2011

By four

I went to the facility to visit a friend of my mom who is a resident there. I was pretty much pleased with what i saw going on there. The residents were well looked after. The facility did however need a little sprucing up. There was paint peeling on a couple of walls,but not bad.The care givers did seem to be enjoying their jobs. They were more than happy to interact with the residents. I would say on an overall average they went beyond normal to insure the residents cumfort and needs were taken care of. The medication and meals were delivered ontime and with a smile.

Photos of Brookdale Kettering

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Kettering

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Nurse On Staff: 24/7

About Brookdale Kettering

Brookdale Kettering provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Kettering