Brookdale Oakwood

Brookdale Oakwood (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Oakwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Oakwood

March 07, 2015

Brookdale Place at Oakwood is nice. It is a little older but well kept. It is a nice facility. The rooms weren't quite as big, and they didn't have a whole lot of availability. I worry about the stairs there. Our person would have to be not anywhere near the stairs. The people were fine, and the rooms were alright. Because they were older, they weren't as nice, but they are fine. It is a nice facility. There was a lot of construction going on, and they were re-doing rooms and stuff like that. It wouldn't be fair to grade them on that, but overall it was fine. Hoever, there was nothing that really stood out about the place. It wasn't really a wow you got to be there.

August 26, 2014

By Cheryl40

Mom is now very happy at Brookdale Place because everyone treats her wonderfully. She says the place is clean and she loves the food, which is very delicious. They were very helpful in assisting with her move in, and I have no complaints whatsoever. The rooms are wonderful and mom has ample space for her bedroom furniture, her chair, table, and TV. They have a lot of activities and they have got something going on every day. I get a calendar of their monthly activities -- they would take them on outings or out for lunch. They also bring in live entertainment, which I sat in on a couple of times. I couldn't be happier with this place. The people who work there are just wonderful.

December 23, 2013

My wife is now living in Brookdale Place. She moved in there two and a half months ago. It was at the time when she was pushed out from another facility so I was kind of in a hurry to find a place for her. I'm not completely happy with it but it is okay. They have adequate staffing there and they also do a two person transfer.

March 22, 2012

By OneIReg

My grandmother lived in this facility for about a year, before she passed away from cancer and old age. The staff in the facility was wonderful with her - they visited every day, and they let her tell them stories. They even attended her funeral. The facilities were always clean, the food tasted delicious, and they did a fantastic job of respecting respect my grandmother's religious dietary requirements. They allowed our family members to visit whenever we needed to, and they also held classes there for the residents. I remember that my grandmother actually did arts and crafts for the first time in her life (at age 80!) and she loved it. Never before have I seen such dedicated and caring staff; such professionalism when interacting with the residents; and good relationships among the residents, too. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who lives in south Dayton or nearby. It is especially convenient for Oakwood residents, because they can walk there easily. Plus, the home is right across from the library, so residents have easy access to that, too.

May 19, 2011

By ulluv2luvme

Friend or relative of resident

I had a Great Grandmother that stayed there. This place was great with her. They made sure that her needs were met. They had activities for them and also the staff was very friendly and they were very attentive to her needs because she had dementia and at times she was difficult to care for(not for us because we are family) but for a staff of strangers with the patience they had. They kept us informed and the atmosphere is very pleasant and i would recommend this facility to anyone who needs an extra loving hand for a loved one.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Oakwood

• Pharma

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 2038R

About Brookdale Oakwood

Brookdale Oakwood provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Oakwood