31 Assisted Living Facilities near Springboro, OH
Also serving communities of Waynesville.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Springboro area, with 2 in Springboro and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Springboro is $3,095 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Springboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Springboro 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Franklin with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Springboro find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Springboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Springboro, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Springboro
Springboro, a suburb of Cincinnati and Dayton located in Warren County, is sometimes called Ohio’s Largest Playground. Seniors who love New-York-style dinner theater find it at Springboro’s La Comedia, one of the largest remaining professional dinner theatres in the United States.
Adults aged 65 and older make up nearly 12% of Springboro’s estimated population of 18,794. Should seniors need assistance with personal care, medication management and housekeeping, Springboro offers two residential care facilities (RCFs). Surrounding cities, including Franklin and Miamisburg, provide another 25 RCFs. Assisted living facilities in Springboro, as well as the rest of the state, are licensed and regulated by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Springboro
- Seniors and their loved ones may be reassured to know the violent crime rate of 7.7 in Springboro is much lower than the U.S. average of 22.7. Property crime is also significantly lower, with Springboro scoring a 16.4 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high crime. The national average ranks 35.4.
- Springboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including The 741 Center, which offers Warren County adults aged 50 and over a wide variety of life-enrichment classes, transportation services, nutrition programs, health screenings, and overnight and day travel adventures.
- The overall cost of living in Springboro is about 8% higher than the national average, but most of that is attributable to higher housing costs. Seniors may get more bang for their buck when paying for groceries, healthcare and transportation in Springboro, which all have costs lower than the U.S. average.
- The very poor air quality in Springboro may be a health hazard for seniors, especially those with cardiac or respiratory conditions. The American Lung Association gives the city’s location in Warren County a grade of “F” for ozone pollution.
- Springboro ranks 45 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, possibly making this a challenging location for seniors who prefer a moderate year-round climate. Excessive humidity in the summer months and a July average high of 85 degrees can mean less time spent enjoying outdoor activities.
- The Springboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southview Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Springboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Springboro start around $3,095 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Springboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Springboro
To help seniors living in Springboro cover the costs of assisted living facilities, Medicaid offers the Ohio Assisted Living Waiver Program. The waiver provides financial aid for services such as housekeeping, meals, medication management and personal care, letting seniors use their own resources for room and board expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Springboro
Springboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Springboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Springboro
Springboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Springboro
Review of The Enclave of Springboro
We chose to move my mom to The Enclave of Springboro. When my mom went there, she liked it so much she didn't want to go anywhere. There were several reasons why we chose this place. One was the le... Read more
Review of Tapestry Senior Living Springboro
Our experience having my mom at Tapestry Senior Living Springboro has been really good, and the staff has so far been great. The rooms were very nice and a good size; they have nice-sized closets. ... Read more
Review of Tapestry Senior Living Springboro
My dad was a resident of the facility for a year and a half, until the day he passed away. From day 1, the staff was friendly and helpful and always available to assist in any questions we had. I... Read more