10 Wilmington Place Dayton, OH

Reviews of 10 Wilmington Place

Assisted Living Reviews for 10 Wilmington Place

May 11, 2021

By Lea

My tour at 10 Wilmington Place was lovely, and I enjoyed it. The staff who assisted me during the tour was wonderful; I forget her name, but she was really good. The room was really nice, the building was lovely, and everything was wonderful. It smelled good, it was warm, and they explained everything. I'd give the cleanliness a "ten" if I were to rate it from one to ten; it's very good. They had movies, they had bowling, they can go off site sometimes on a little bus, and they'd go to Walmart. I haven't eaten any of the food yet, but they have a nice chef, and the food is looking good. I like it because they feed you on the premises; I don't have to go out and buy my food.

I am so happy to hear that you had an excellent experience when you toured 10 Wilmington Place. We are proud of our community and are so pleased to read your positive compliments. Thank you for your interest in our community and I am happy that our Sales Counselor made such an impact during your visit. I hope that you make the decision to move into our Unique Senior Living Community. Sincerely, Michele L. Brooke Executive Director

August 18, 2020

By Dominick

We toured 10 Wilmington Place. We couldn't go in the room, they didn't have anything available, but we saw the outside, inside, entrance, we met in the conference room, and looked at everything else on the computer, on the website, and stuff. The staff was very nice.

July 17, 2018

By Tom

10 Wilmington Place was very large, about three or four stories, and there was a lot of walking involved. They offered significantly more activities than the other places we visited, but the size would be overwhelming. The rooms were very nice, spacious, clean, and affordable. They have two actual movie theaters, a men's club, and several card clubs.

August 22, 2016

By Tim851810

My mom is in 10 Wilmington Place. It is a beautiful Victorian building and very affordable. I am impressed at how nice and how affordable it is. I will recommend it. However, the only concern I have is that it is in the area that may have high crime. Outside of that, I really think it is great.

June 10, 2016

By Doug281424

My visit at 10 Wilmington Place was very good. They gave me brochures, and the lobby was very nice. It was a very large facility because it used to be a hospital. The rooms were very nice, clean, and didn't smell bad. It was staffed well. The price was really expensive but fairly reasonable. I met the sales representative, and she was helpful, informative, and clearly told me everything they had to offer.

August 30, 2015

By James112549450

The friendliness of the staff and the residents in 10 Wilmington Place was really different, and I liked it. It was a beautifully furnished facility. They found us a beautiful room with lots of storage.

May 06, 2015

By John80227650

Wilmington Place is very nice, and the rooms are OK. They’re a little bit on the small side, but the grounds are fantastic. It’s beautiful because it’s upon a hill and surrounded by a lot of acreage. When we were there, it seemed to be clean.

February 22, 2015

We visited three facilities, and my favorite was Wilmington Place. The staff seemed to be very caring. The facility had tons of stuff for people to do. The thing that I noticed about this particular place was everyone was outdoing stuff. They had a bar and movie theater. Everybody looked happy, that was what I have noticed that I haven’t seen in any other place. The rooms were nice; the 1-bedroom was very spacious, nice, and very clean. I haven’t tried the food, but I know a couple of friends whose parents have been there, and their chef has been there for 10 years. The security was very good.

April 30, 2013

I went to 10 Wilmington Place one time. It was a larger facility compared to the others I visited. But I preferred a small place. It was also in town and I did not want to drive a lot. They had a chef and the food was very good. The price was also a little higher than the others.

Independent Living Reviews for 10 Wilmington Place

October 17, 2021

By Julie

10 Wilmington Place was good. They have a good location, wonderful staff, good food, and nice apartments. It was just the other place was a better fit for me overall. My daughter lives there in independent. She has a condition that she has to be where she has some help. She lives there, and they wondered if I wanted to move in at the same place; I said no. She's been there for a year and a half, and she's made her way. I just think that it's better for her that she continues on with what she's doing. She has a one-bedroom, very nice apartment. They have entertainment. They have good food, and she's happy there. They have movies and exercise classes. They take walks, and they have a nice campus there. It's always been a nice place. I know they have a couple of buses that take people to the stores and everything. I don't think they have as many drivers to take you to other places, like the other place does. That's a biggie because if you don't drive anymore and you need transportation, it's nice to have that. They're very nice and very good to my daughter. They're very kind, and she's OK there. It is a good place for her. It just fits her better than it would for me. From the time you walk in the door, the staff is really nice. I have not eaten in the dining room, but I ate there a few years ago with a church group. We went there one time, and it was very, very nice. So far, the activities sound great for her. I think the charges are comparative to all of the places that I talked to.

We are so pleased that you had a nice experience and that you continue to feel this is a good community for your daughter. We strive to ensure our services are well-coordinated and geared to our population. We offer unique senior living and the ability for everyone to enjoy a variety of events and programs they enjoy. Feel welcome to reach out to a Member of our Marketing team if there is anything we can assist with in the future.

October 01, 2021

By Carnell

I toured 10 Wilmington Place. The rooms are pretty nice. They're large. The lady who gave me the tour was very friendly. All the staff members were good. I had a chicken salad croissant. With the little I had, it was nice and good. I noticed more than one dining facility. There's a dining facility for each floor. They have multiple elevators. It's a nice place. It's like none I've ever been to before, it's nice. They have a Wii bowling game and cards. They have a lot of activities going on there. Of course, it varies according to the time of day and the day of the week. They have transportation. They will take you to the store, to doctor's appointments, and other places within reason.

Thank you for your positive comments and we are so glad to hear that you were impressed with our community when you toured. We are very proud of our community and the services we are able to offer seniors. We look forward to future communication with you. Let our Marketing team know if we can answer any further questions you might have. Sincerely, Michele

June 27, 2021

By KM

10 Wilmington Place was huge. It would initially be difficult to find your way around, but I know they would provide directions and maps. It was a beautiful facility and everything looked in order. We even had lunch and I was interested in trying the food because you hear of so many of the institutional type places where the food is awful, but the food tasted as if it could have come from any restaurant. The floor plans were workable. The staff was very professional, very friendly, and knowledgeable. I saw one deluxe studio and a one-bedroom place, but the studio I saw was one of a kind in the whole complex and it had a lot of extra storage, which would have been nice. The storage in a regular studio is tiny and half of my furniture would have to be storage pieces to accommodate. It seemed like they had a good activities program and lots of amenities, transportation, and home health. Other services like that are available at an extra charge, of course. They had adequate laundry facilities, a free library, and a beauty salon.

Thank you for sharing your experience during your tour of 10 Wilmington Place. We are always happy to hear such positive comments and impressions from those who have toured. We take pride in our community and our goal is to present an active, unique senior living opportunity. We are a huge community as you noted, but it is easy to acclimate and doesn't seem nearly as large once residents get settled. Sincerely, Michele Brooke Executive Director

June 23, 2021

By Janet

Our visit to 10 Wilmington Place went very well. Everybody was really polite and they showed us several apartments. It's a very nice and clean facility. There were lots of activities going on and the grounds were beautiful. It's 31 acres. The apartment bedroom was a little tinier than I thought it would be, but it would have been nice to have gone into if it was closer to where I live currently. It was a bit far for me to go out at night. The price was also higher than I could afford. I can still cook for myself and not have to have food and all that stuff. They have a bowling alley and a theater that you can go to and watch movies. They offered for me to stay at a place over there that was already furnished to know what it would be like to live there. It was all free and that was really good, but I did not take advantage of that only because it was just too far for me to go to. It's a beautiful place though. They do crafts and there were a couple of libraries. They kept everybody busy. The assisted living part was like East and West hallways, while the North and South were for independent living. It's just that I have a dog and I couldn't get anywhere that I wanted to go to get him outside without being up on the second or third floor. The laundry facilities were down the hall. The independent living has restaurant-style seating where you can make reservations for the table, or to go down and be there, so they won't have you sit at specific tables. I had two of my kids that went there with me and we all liked it. It just wasn't suitable for me. I think it's like a self-contained area where you don't really need to have a car. They would have people that would go out and take you places.

We are so glad to hear your visit to 10 Wilmington Place went well. We take pride in our community and are so happy that you experienced a good tour with many activities taking place and that you enjoyed our grounds. We truly appreciate your kind words and assessment of your experience. Sincerely, Michele Brooke Executive Director

April 26, 2021

By declining

The quality of the food has SIGNIFICANTLY declined from 2019 to 2021. They can't blame fewer choices, dry chicken, tough beef, and more on Covid. Perhaps they took away from food budget to pay for Covid expenses. They provided no laundry and cleaning services for a month. Still charged for it on their itemized bill and refused on request to refund the changes. Don't believe I it When they say you control whether or not your air conditioning or your furnace is on. Staff tells you not to run the whole apartment fan when you want. They know most elderly people hate to move. That is what saves them from more residents leaving. They overcharge for the quality they provide.

10 Wilmington Place has an Award Winning Executive Chef and we pride ourselves on maintaining excellent food quality in addition to offering residents a variety. Our chef meets with residents monthly and is always willing to try new items and recipes as they suggest. Our monthly rates are all inclusive which means housekeeping services are included in the services we provide. As a Senior Living Community we have been focused on the safety of our residents and staff members throughout the pandemic. We have been following guidelines for our industry set forth by the CDC and Governor DeWine. We have communicated regularly to residents with their safety and well-being at the forefront of our policies. Our goal is to provide a unique senior living experience and we strive for residents to be happy, satisfied and engaged in the community. Our owners welcome communication from residents and family members. 10 Wilmington Place recently received the "2021 Best of Senior Living" award

April 06, 2021

By LJ

We loved 10 Wilmington Place. We saw three rooms. We saw a one-bedroom, and you got a storage closet before you go in to the right and to the left. There was new carpet on the floor, a nice paint job, and a nice kitchen area. Then we saw a regular two-bedroom and a two-bedroom deluxe. There are some facilities that had the cottages, but you had to go outside your cottage if you wanted to go to the dining hall to eat. At 10 Wilmington Place you just go to the basement and eat. The staff member did an excellent job explaining everything, and answered every question we had. There's nothing else that she could've done to make it any better.

March 20, 2021

By Pamela

We went to 10 Wilmington Place. It was a much older, traditional style of place. It looked like it has been around for a good while, but it has an old-world kind of charm to it. It was really large with four levels in floors and traditional styling, like an old mansion kind of place. The staff was great; she even let my aunt use a scooter. It was much larger, so it was a lot of walking, and we had a lot of distance to cover in terms of looking at the models that she was showing us. It was nice to let my eighty-eight-year-old aunt ride on a scooter, and she even got to learn how to drive it, which was helpful. The dining area is fine, but we didn't get to eat there. It was on a Sunday, so we got to meet another lady who was waiting for the church service to begin, and she has been there for a couple of years. She said she loved it. We got to see a place in the process of being redone. I guess somebody had been in that unit, and they were gone, so they were fixing it up for the next person. Then we got to see one that was already fixed up, so we got to see one in both stages, and it looked really nice. When they redo a unit they rip out carpets, and they put in new appliances, flooring, and everything. The showers are great because you don't have to worry about stepping in a tub or falling; they were like walk-in, sit-down kinds of showers. It was lovely, and considering how old the place looked, it was still up to date inside each unit we looked at. They have activities on the whole floor, like the lower level -- it's like a mall inside the facility. They had movies, game rooms, a place for you to get your hair done, a gym, and a little coffee shop. It wasn't as active as it used to be because of COVID. They had a pub, too, with a TV to watch sports or whatever; it was almost really like a mall on the lower level. There were empty rooms where you could invite family to have a get-together. They can either order food in, or you could bring your own potluck kind of thing. They had rooms where you can read, kind of like library rooms, and they had rooms where you can play cards. Unfortunately, it was too expensive. I wouldn't mind living in a place like that when the time comes.

January 02, 2020

By DaytonOhio

It's nice enough.

August 30, 2019

By L.N.

My dad is in 10 Wilmington Place, but the experience has been very mixed. It's a beautiful facility, the common areas are well kept and appointed, and the women there at the reception desk are extremely helpful and polite. We've had some problems, and they have been slow to respond to some maintenance requests. I would not give the food a very high rating, and there was some confusion with the information we were given. They have two contractors. One does physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech, cognitive, nursing, and they've been wonderful to work with. The home care assistance however has not, so we fired them in less than 30 days. There was also confusion around the pricing. We just have to give it time to see if it really is a good choice, but it's a beautifully-kept senior living facility. The residents themselves are very nice, welcoming, and there are a lot of variety in the activities they offer.

At 10 Wilmington Place, our family owned-difference is reflected in our beautiful apartments and common areas, as well as in the friendliness of our staff and residents, as this family member has indicated. We fully understand that the services we provide, like meals and maintenance, are of great importance as well. While we strive for excellence in all areas, on occasion we do not meet expectations. When this happens, our Executive Director, who has been with 10 Wilmington Place for 10 years, has an open door policy and is always available to assist our residents and family members with any concerns they may have. Our commitment to resident and family satisfaction is very personal to us. We will continue to work hand-in-hand with this family to reassure them that they made the correct decision when they chose 10 Wilmington Place for their loved one.

January 31, 2019

By Carol Alex

Ten Wilmington Place had much to commend it. I found the entrance and dining room to be adequate only because it felt like a hotel entrance with dark colors -- and the food was only average. I did appreciate that the apartments were varied in appearance that I found pleasant. If I remember correctly they no longer had banking services which is a very necessary service for persons who no longer drive. For such a large facility I expected a small-type grocery/basic personal items on site. All things considered, I felt the prices were somewhat higher than I expected.

September 29, 2018

By Debbie

There were things about 10 Wilmington Place that I didn’t like. It's a very spread out, older building that they've adapted so there's a lot of ramps that cause my mother-in-law to walk further. There's a main building and wings off to the side. The rooms were great and spacious, but the wings were long, so it's a further distance to walk. Their amenities were great, and the food looked really good. They had music concerts and other activities, like classes and stuff like that, and a salon inside.

June 28, 2018

By Edward

10 Wilmington Place has a lot of activities. There are two movie theaters and nice dining facilities. The rooms don't have an outdoor seating area, but there have a lot of areas where they can go outside. The place was very neat, clean, and the staff was very helpful. It was quite a bit higher-priced.

May 03, 2018

By Randy

My mom moved into 10 Wilmington Place this April. She has a nice room. 10 Wilmington Place is excellent. Everybody is very pleasant. They have all kinds of activities, movies almost every afternoon, and card tournaments. They have a beauty salon and a small general store. The staff members have been very accommodating and pleasant. My mom likes the food. She has a choice of three entrees and chooses to take one meal a day, but she could take two meals a day. Plus, they have a continental breakfast.

Thank you for your very kind words. Our owners and management team strive to ensure that our residents have the highest quality of life possible, as well as beautiful place to call home. We are so pleased to know that you and your mom are happy she chose 10 Wilmington Place.

May 10, 2016

By Happy Visitor 101VHYKB

10 Wilmington Place was quite a wonderful place and the most active of the ones I've seen. I was very impressed that their chef prepared very healthy food. The people were very friendly. The dining room was buffet-style. It was such a perfect experience.

Memory Care Reviews for 10 Wilmington Place

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: Yes

About 10 Wilmington Place

Because We’re Family

10 Wilmington Place has been privately owned and operated by the Humphries family for more than 30 years. Ask anyone what sets 10 Wilmington Place apart and they will quickly tell you, “We are family here.” You will feel right at home the minute you walk through the front door. Come experience it for yourself.

Affordable Rental Community

Our community does not require long-term commitments or endowment fees. All you will pay is an affordable monthly rent. Relish in a lifestyle that meets your highest expectations but is a huge value at the same time. It’s easy to find the comfort, space, and privacy you want when you choose from more than two dozen unique floor plans. And to top it off, they are all at an affordable price. You can have it all!

Assisted Living

At 10 Wilmington Place, we seek to foster independence rather than dependence, while paying attention to the individuality and privacy you deserve. As your care needs change, we are here to help with activities of daily living, such as accurate medication administration, gentle reminders and guidance for personal hygiene, and proper nutrition. For the ultimate peace of mind, you are covered with a nurse on site 24-hours and emergency alert systems.

Our one-bedroom and studio apartments are nearly three times larger than the average Assisted Living apartments, allowing you plenty of room to relax with family and friends.

Memory Care

This comprehensive assessment allows us to provide customized and stimulating activities that help each individual stay active and engaged while reducing the difficult or agitated behaviors residents often experience.

Bringing their own furniture, belongings and other comforts of home help residents create a sense of safety and familiarity. This supportive living environment offers studio and one bedroom apartments along with shared units that provide private rooms with a shared bathroom.

Independent Living

Design your retirement living around the activities you love. Our Independent Living apartments are light and airy, with 13-foot ceilings and tall windows.

You can choose from studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. With 26 unique floor plans, you are sure to find an apartment that fits your lifestyle. We welcome you to add your personal touches that make a house a home, including your small pet.

Your monthly rent includes:

• Professional nursing care (RN) and skilled care up to 120 days
  • Medication administration
  • Assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing
  • Breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping that includes laundering of towels and bed linens
  • Emergency call system in bedroom and bathroom
  • 24-hour onsite nurse and staff
  • All paid utilities (heating, air conditioning, electric, water, trash)
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning units
  • Post office with private, locked mailboxes
  • Free transportation to scheduled group outings

On-Site Services:

Physical therapy

We help you stay active, address pain or injury and maintain a healthy lifestyle through exercise and physical activity.

Occupational therapy

We assist you in completing everyday activities to help you accomplish tasks and reach your goals to lead a more fulfilling life.

Speech therapy

We provide you with treatment and exercises to help retain or restore speech to help you communicate more easily and effectively.

Thank you for your interest in 10 Wilmington Place Retirement Community. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of 10 Wilmington Place