27 Assisted Living Facilities near Kettering, OH
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kettering area, with 3 in Kettering and 24 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 153 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kettering. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kettering 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Springboro with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kettering, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Kettering, OH
24 Assisted Living Facilities near Kettering, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kettering
Kettering, Ohio, home to more than 10,000 seniors, offers an array of activities from summer concerts at the Fraze Pavillion to viewing a variety of exhibits at the Rosewood Arts Center. Seniors who want to live in Kettering but are in need of assisted living care will find three facilities located within the city. In Kettering and throughout Ohio, assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) and are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kettering
- The cost of living in Kettering is 89.4, considerably lower than the national average of 100. Healthcare expenses also rank lower at 98, suggesting the area might be affordable for seniors in need of care.
- The Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA) operates a public bus system throughout Dayton and its suburbs and offers monthly bus passes, which are discounted for those 65 years of age and older.
- The air quality in Kettering has a rank of 54 on a 100-point scale where 100 represents the areas with the cleanest air. This is slightly lower than the national average of 58; however, seniors with breathing difficulties might want to seek out other areas in Ohio.
- Residents of Kettering enjoy all four seasons with July highs of 87 degrees and January lows rarely dipping below 22. Sperling's Comfort Index gives the city a rank of 45 out of 100, slightly lower than the national average of 54, suggesting that seniors with joint pains or arthritis might not be comfortable living in the city.
- Kettering has a violent crime rate of 11.2, more than 11 points lower than the national average of 22.7, and a property crime rate of 29.6, approximately six points lower than the national average of 35.4. These lower than average crime rates might give seniors and their family peace of mind in knowing that the area is safe for seniors.
- Ohio does not tax seniors on social security income; however, pensions are partially taxed and retirement savings account income is fully taxed. Seniors may want to keep these tax laws in mind when relocating to Kettering.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kettering
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Kettering start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kettering and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kettering
Low-income seniors have access to two financial assistance options to help cover the costs of living in an assisted living community in Kettering. The state offers a Medicaid waiver, under the Nursing Facility Level of Care Waivers, that helps pay for assisted living services. Also, the state provides a Supplemental SSI program that helps increase SSI payments for low-income seniors residing in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kettering
Kettering and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kettering, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kettering
Kettering-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kettering, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kettering
Review of Oak Creek Terrace
All Staff are friendly and facility is very clean! Read more
Review of Oak Creek Terrace
This is an excellent facility all the way around! Read more
Review of Walnut Creek Campus
Suites at Walnut Creek is very clean, has very caring staff, and is affordable. We told them what our budget was, and they're able to meet it. They have a secured assisted living, the food is resta... Read more