Shawnee Estates Senior Living

Reviews of Shawnee Estates Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Shawnee Estates Senior Living

July 29, 2013

By Sharon24

Before my Aunt and Uncle moved in an apartment in this very, very small community and that was the only assisted living they had in the area, but everybody knows everybody. But now, they have hospital beds in there. They both are in one room, it has a television and it is more like a hospital room. But it has been a wonderful transition since they walked in the door and we're going on five years. The food is okay. The staff is fantastic. The nurse that my aunt and uncle have, they will call me at any given time just to update me on anything. The hospice is involved. So, the hospice is in there every day. The hospice calls me also. So, even though I live in another state, I always know what is going on. They make sure that I have updates on anything that goes on.

April 11, 2013

I visited my dad once. It's an assisted-living facility with a memory-care unit inside. Dad is in assisted living and they had his door marked so he could clearly see where he's supposed to be. The staff seemed knowledgeable. They put us in a dining room and we just were able to eat and visit my dad. The food was fine. I also saw that they had some activities going on in the great room.

Memory Care Reviews for Shawnee Estates Senior Living

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: License# 2217R

About Shawnee Estates Senior Living

Known as the City of Hospitality, Xenia is centrally located in the transportation triangle formed by the three major interstate highways, I-70, I-71 and I-75. Xenia's proximity to Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus enables it to maintain its small-town feel while offering easy access to theatre, music, dance and art. Located nearby are the Blue Jacket Amphitheater, John Bryan State Park and Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton. Xenia offers numerous antique shops, specialty stores and scenic walking and bicycling trails and has been recognized as one of the best "walking" cities in America. Xenia's charm is enhanced by its rolling farmland and rural appeal.

Accommodations and Services

Shawnee Estates Senior Living is an assisted living and Alzheimer's Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Shawnee Estates Senior Living has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Shawnee Estates Senior Living features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Shawnee Estates Senior Living is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Our Chronicles memory care program uses the Best Friends™ approach. This relationship-centered care is built around each individual’s life history, cultural heritage and current abilities and interests.

Shawnee Estates Senior Living is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Xenia, Ohio community.

Map of Shawnee Estates Senior Living