40 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairborn, OH
With an average cost of $3,918 in Fairborn, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 12 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 3 facilities in Fairborn.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairborn, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairborn
Located northeast of Dayton, Fairborn is a quiet residential suburb with a population of 33,541 — 14.4 percent of whom consists of seniors aged 65 and older. To serve the city's aging population, Fairborn has two assisted living facilities with another 35 located in nearby communities.
All of these facilities are overseen by the Ohio Department of Health. The state inspects assisted living facilities annually to ensure they are up to code and remain a safe, healthy environment for the residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairborn
- The weather in Fairborn is similar to that in the rest of southwest Ohio. For the most part, it's mild with summer temperatures averaging 75 degrees in July. The winter weather can be a bit harsh though. Average temperatures in January are 29 degrees, and snow and sleet aren't uncommon. This could make it difficult for seniors to take part in outdoor activities during winter.
- While the city's air quality is 3 percent better than the national average, Fairborn's pollution index is 128 percent higher than the U.S. median. This could make it difficult for seniors with respiratory illnesses and other breathing problems to spend time outside on a regular basis.
- Fairborn seniors shouldn't have to worry about their personal safety during outings in the city. The city's crime rate is 13 percent lower than the Ohio average and 14 percent lower than that of the United States. Also, the majority of the area's crime is property related. The city's violent crime rate is 37 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- The cost of living in Fairborn is 10 percent lower than the national average and 1 percent lower than the state average. Some of this is due to the lower cost of groceries, which averages 4 percent less the national average, and the cost of healthcare services, around 13 percent lower than the national average. This should make it easier for Fairborn seniors to find affordable health services on a regular basis.
- The Fairborn area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Beavercreek.
- Ohio seniors don't need to worry about paying income tax on their Social Security income. However, withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed at the rate of 2.97 percent and pension payments are partially taxed.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairborn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Fairborn start around $3,918 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairborn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairborn
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairborn
Fairborn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairborn, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Fairborn Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairborn
Fairborn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fairborn
Review of Fox Run Senior Living
Great, friendly staff! They care about the facility and their families. Read more
Review of Wickshire Fairborn
My friend moved into Wickshire Fairborn. It's really great. She has a deluxe room, and everything is included with it -- laundry, phone, Wi-Fi, TV, and three meals a day. It is actually much better... Read more
Review of Fox Run Senior Living
Fox Run Senior Living was very far away from me, but I really liked the gentleman who took me around and showed me everything. It's out in the country, and it's more rural than just about any of th... Read more