10 Assisted Living Facilities near Xenia, OH
Also serving communities of Wilmington.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Xenia area, with 4 in Xenia and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Xenia is $4,562 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,735. Cheaper nearby regions include Beavercreek with an average starting cost of $3,918.
To help you with your search, browse the 48 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Xenia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Xenia 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fairborn with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Xenia find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Xenia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Xenia, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Xenia
Xenia offers Ohio seniors the friendly hospitality and traditional values of a small Midwestern town with easy access to the recreational, cultural and entertainment amenities of Dayton, 15 miles northwest, and Cincinnati, 50 miles south. Xenia is the county seat of Greene County and home to a sizeable senior population. Nearly 18% of the city’s 26,800 residents are aged 65 and older.
Seniors who find they need help with some of the activities of daily living (ADLs), but still want to live as independently as possible in Xenia, have four assisted living facilities to support them. Another six in nearby cities, including Beavercreek and Fairborn, provide plentiful choices. In Ohio, assisted living homes are called residential care facilities (RCFs), and they come under the governance of the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Xenia
- Although Xenia’s violent crime rate of 14.6 out of 100 is lower than the U.S. average of 22.7, property crimes occur more frequently. Xenia’s property crime score of 47.6 is significantly higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors may wish to confirm that assisted living facilities are equipped with security precautions.
- The Xenia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Greene Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Xenia seniors who thrive on outdoor recreation should know that the American Lung Association gives Greene County a “C” grade for ozone pollution and an “A” for particle pollution. Those with respiratory conditions may want to monitor the air quality closely to ensure outdoor exertion is safe.
- Retirees living on fixed incomes may appreciate that the overall cost of living in Xenia is about 14% lower than the national average. Transportation, groceries and healthcare prices in this area are all cheaper than the U.S. averages.
- Xenia offers an array of resources for seniors, including the Xenia Adult Recreation and Services Center, which provides a variety of meal programs, educational and exercise classes, trips and social activities for adults aged 50 and over.
- Seniors living in Xenia do not pay state income taxes on Social Security benefits. Ohio also offers retirees four tax credits.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Xenia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Xenia start around $4,562 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Xenia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Xenia
Medicaid-eligible seniors in Xenia may receive financial aid to help cover the costs of some services in a participating residential care facility through Ohio's Assisted Living Waiver Program. The program pays for personal care, medication assistance, skilled nursing and housekeeping but does not cover room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Xenia
Xenia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Xenia, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Xenia
Xenia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Xenia, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Xenia
Review of Hillside Assisted Living
Hillside Assisted Living wasn't appropriate for my friend, but they were very caring and they seemed to be really interested in keeping the residents active and doing different things with them. Th... Read more
Review of Shawnee Estates Senior Living
Shawnee Estates Senior Living was much less staffed than any of the places we have seen, and they didn't have a whole lot of residents at that time. The upkeep was subpar compared to any other faci... Read more
Review of Shawnee Estates Senior Living
Placing my mother and father in a care facility was challenging to say the least. But the facilities, staff, and activities at Shawnee Estates helped both my parents settle in rather quickly. I h... Read more