19 Assisted Living Facilities near Beavercreek, OH
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Beavercreek area, with 4 in Beavercreek and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Beavercreek is $3,946 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,460.
To help you with your search, browse the 130 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Beavercreek. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Beavercreek 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kettering with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Beavercreek, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Beavercreek, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beavercreek
Beavercreek is located in west-central Ohio, and although it was founded in 1803, the city didn’t incorporate until 1980. Beavercreek is also home to more than 45,000 residents, with 14.3% of them being seniors aged 65 and older. Eventually, some of these seniors may need assisted living care, and Beavercreek has four facilities to accommodate them. There are also 15 more facilities located in nearby areas like Dayton, Xenia and Kettering. The Ohio Department of Health governs these residential care facilities, as assisted living facilities are known in Beavercreek and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beavercreek
- Social Security benefits are not taxed in Ohio, which could help Beavercreek seniors put more money toward their living expenses.
- The cost of living in Beavercreek is 96.9, higher than the Ohio average of 87.7 and lower than the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for groceries, healthcare, and transportation here, which may result in more affordable assisted living care in the area.
- The Beavercreek area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Soin Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The low violent crime rate in Beavercreek at 10.1, which is lower than the national average of 22.7, may put the minds of safety-cautious seniors at ease. The property crime rate of 35 is slightly lower than the national median of 35.4, but it’s still a good idea to inquire about security protocols when visiting prospective facilities.
- Beavercreek has an air quality rating of 61, only three points higher than the U.S. median of 58. Seniors may still want to be careful about going outdoors when pollen levels are high.
- The Beavercreek area has summer highs of 85 degrees and winter lows of 22. Seniors who don’t like humidity might have a hard time during the month of July when humidity levels are at their highest. The area also gets 41 inches of rain and 16 inches of snowfall each year. This results in only 178 days of sunshine annually, which is 27 fewer than the national median and might disappoint outdoor-loving seniors.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beavercreek
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Beavercreek start around $3,946 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beavercreek and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beavercreek
Ohio’s Medicaid waiver, the Assisted Living Waiver Program may be able to help low-income Beavercreek seniors with their assisted living costs. Although this program does cover services, it will not cover room and board. Some seniors may also be able to get financial support from MyCare Ohio.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beavercreek
Beavercreek and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beavercreek, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beavercreek
Beavercreek-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Beavercreek, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beavercreek
Review of Traditions of Beavercreek
My husband and I were at Traditions of Beavercreek for over two years. The independent living had cottages, and we were in the main building. The independent ones had their own transportation and l... Read more
Review of Brookdale Beavercreek
We're pretty happy with Brookdale Beavercreek. My mother seems to be thriving there. I like that they don't have a locked memory care unit. Their whole facility is secure, so she's not put in a loc... Read more
Review of Traditions of Beavercreek
It is clearly absolutely outstanding. The responsiveness and the attention given to me is superior in every aspect. The staff is always interested in my welfare, how I feel about things, and any ... Read more