17 Assisted Living Facilities near Englewood, OH
Also serving communities of Brookville.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Englewood area, with 3 in Englewood and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Englewood is $3,716 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Tipp City with an average starting cost of $3,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 118 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Englewood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Englewood 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tipp City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Englewood, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Englewood, OH
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Englewood, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Englewood
Englewood, Ohio, is a classic Midwestern city located at the crossroads of Interstates 70 and 75. The senior population of those over the age of 65 comprises 9.5 percent of the total population of 13, 460. Within Englewood, there are three assisted living facilities and 20 more facilities in the neighboring cities of Dayton, Tipp City, Troy, Kettering, Brookville and Huber Heights.
In Englewood, as in the entire state of Ohio, assisted living facilities are designated as residential care facilities (RCF) and are regulated by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), which conducts one unannounced inspection each year.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Englewood
- Englewood experiences typical Midwest summers with temperatures averaging 85 in July with high humidity and dropping to an average of 21 in winter. Snowfall averages 18 inches each year, which could create mobility challenges for seniors.
- Cost of living expenses in Englewood are 15.4 percent lower than the U.S. average, especially in the areas of housing, groceries and health care.
- One area where Englewood is slightly higher than other areas is tax rates which are slightly higher than the U.S. average. Englewood's sales tax rate is 7.3 percent with the U.S. average rate at 6 percent and the city's income tax rate is 5.2 percent compared to the U.S. average at 4.6 percent.
- Transportation opportunities abound for seniors in the Englewood area. The Greater Dayton RTA offers special rates for those 65 and over as well as paratransit services for those with disabilities and illness who can't access the usual transit pick-up locations. The Miami Valley Ride Finder provides information on alternate transportation options for seniors through their website.
- The Earl Heck Community Center in Englewood has multiple events and activities geared for senior enjoyment. Popular events include Lunch and Learn programs, bus trips, Bingo, ice cream socials, Movie Day for Seniors and penny auctions.
- The Englewood area is home to a major medical facility, Miami Valley Hospital North, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Englewood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Englewood start around $3,716 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Englewood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Englewood
Those seniors in Englewood who need assistance in paying for assisted living facility expenses may apply for Ohio's residential state supplement program. Any supplement received is designed to be a supplement to Social Security, Supplemental Security Income or Disability funds. In addition, applicants may be interested in the Assisted Living Waiver, a program administered through Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Englewood
Englewood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Englewood, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Englewood
Englewood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Englewood, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Englewood
Review of Brookdale Centennial Park
My mother is in Brookdale Centennial Park. The food is pretty good, and everybody seems to like it. The people are really nice and helpful with anything you might want or need. They have ice cream ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Englewood
I was in Brookdale Englewood for a short time, it was beautiful and looked liked a country club. The staff was extremely helpful, very well presented, very well dressed, and all the amenities were ... Read more
Review of Cypress Pointe Health Campus
I found Cypress Pointe Health campus for my mom. They were very well-organized, very knowledgeable, and very well kept. The room was small, but thats all it needs to be. It was nice, with nice fur... Read more