5 Assisted Living Facilities near Troy, OH
Also serving communities of Tipp City.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Troy area, with 3 in Troy and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Troy is $3,515 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Huber Heights with an average starting cost of $3,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 39 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Troy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Troy 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Piqua with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Troy, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Troy, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Troy
The city of Troy is home to the annual Troy Strawberry Festival, voted the best food festival in Ohio in 2017. It's also home to a sizable senior population as almost 16 percent of the city's population is aged 65 and over.
Seniors in Troy have three assisted living facilities to choose from in town, and there are a further five in the nearby communities of Piqua, Tipp City and Dayton. As in all of Ohio, these facilities offer residential care and daily assistance to seniors and are licensed and monitored by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Troy
- The cost of living in Troy is 10 percent lower than the national average. Seniors on a limited budget will find health care and groceries to be particularly affordable, with health costs around 13 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- The Troy area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Upper Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city of Troy has plenty to interest seniors who enjoy arts and culture. In particular, the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center has fine art and historic exhibits and musical concerts throughout the year. In addition, they offer classes to residents interested in creating their own art.
- Residents of Troy can access curb-to-curb transport through the Miami County Transit service. Seniors aged over 65 can apply for a Blue Card to receive unlimited half-price rides.
- Winters in Troy can be cold, with January lows averaging just 20 degrees. The city does get less snow than the national average, but seniors who enjoy the outdoors may still feel stuck inside during the winter months.
- Troy's crime rate is higher than 84 percent of Ohio's cities and towns. Although the violent crime rate is considerably less than the state average, property crime occurs at a rate of 28 per 1,000 residents, which may be a concern for safety-conscious seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Troy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Troy start around $3,515 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Troy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Troy
In Troy and the rest of the state, the Assisted Living Program is available to provide financial assistance to eligible seniors living in residential care facilities. People receiving Social Security income may also be able to receive the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Troy
Troy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Troy, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Troy
Troy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Troy, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Troy
Review of StoryPoint Troy
I visited that facility and met with Ashley. Upon touring, see a studio apartment, and having Ashley answer all of my questions and concerns, my sister and I decided to place my father at Story Poi... Read more
Review of StoryPoint Troy
We started working with the staff at StoryPoint Troy after my mother had a stroke and considered Independent living for her. Due to the pandemic and other factors, she never made the move. A year a... Read more
Review of StoryPoint Troy
Having had no prior experience with any type of living facilities, I conducted quite a bit of research before committing to StoryPoint. Everything I was told occurred. My husband could not be more ... Read more