StoryPoint Troy

Reviews of StoryPoint Troy

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Troy

March 16, 2021

By Nancy Froning

StoryPoint Troy has been a wonderful home for my parents. We chose StoryPoint for their tiered care sections. We wanted the ability to upgrade the level of care as my parents aged. The Troy location has a wonderful staff in all departments. They are caring & dedicated to the residents and families. I would highly recommend StoryPoint. I feel it is the best facility in the area!!

February 19, 2021

By MNMarty

My family's room is very nice and roomy enough for both to enjoy. They brought along some of their furniture from their house. Hallways are bright and airy. Dining with them was delightful. Food was excellent. Staff is very willing to assist you with any questions or concerns. Activities are many, singing a-longs, painting, special snack times, staff dress-up days. They do offer a visitor guest room for an overnight stay at a reasonable fee, reservations are required.

September 16, 2020

By Jim

My dad has moved into StoryPoint Troy. My experience has been OK. He was only there a short time and then he was moved to a hospital. I saw the entryway. The place was very clean and very nice. The room was clean. The staff was polite and knowledgeable. Everything was in order as I expected. They offered a very good dinner, but just before we left they had an emergency at the facility and my dad was pressing his button and it took more than half an hour for someone to show up. Originally, it was what made us choose them, because they said there it would be five minutes on average, and no more than 10 minutes per call, but this time it was 30 minutes. I went in and I helped move his furniture into the room and that was it. Other than that, we were not allowed to go through the facility due to COVID. I didn't see anybody around and I didn't interact with anyone. I would give it a four just for the fact that the response time might have been due to an emergency, but it was kinda slow, and my dad fell three times during his first night. The staff seemed to be good. I didn't eat anything, but my dad liked it. The menu was very good and the facility looked very new.

March 16, 2020

By KL

StoryPoint Troy was beautiful, high end, and very costly. It was laid out nicely, and it had a central location for snacks and food. The staff member was very helpful and gave us suggestions. Even though we weren't going to use their facility, she still helped us. The rooms were large and very well appointed. The dining area was very light, bright, and very fancy. They have chefs there. It's over the top, but my brother wanted more of a homey situation. It's good if you're used to being in a fancy environment. It's so pristine and so high end.

March 02, 2020

By Chris Wintrow

Facilities are very nice and clean. The staff is helpful with anything and do it with a smile. My parents are been there for six months and feel that they are in good hands.

February 21, 2020

By Great Mills

What sets Storypoint apart from the other assisted living facilities in the area is the care and attention of the staff. All of the staff. They know the patients by name. They often stop what they are doing to help a resident out. I observed this for over a week while I was visiting. It was like the residents had a member of the family around them all the time. Anything they wanted or needed was taken care of right away. No detail was too small. The food and facilities are wonderful. The activities are abundant and diverse. The residents are friends and they too reach out to each other. When I got back home , I wished there was a Storypoint here!

February 20, 2020

By Tara Hewitt

Everyone is so inviting and always smiling and saying hello. My grandparents moved in around middle of October 2019 and really began to thrive. In the short amount of time they’ve lived there everyone made them feel right at home and cared for them as their own. In my grandpas unexpected final days after a sudden illness I was comforted to know he could come back to StoryPoint Troy and die in peace and what had become his new home with hospice. The entire StoryPoint family not only loved on him, our family but has ensured his grieving widow (my grandma) is cared for in the manner he would have wanted. This facility and these staff members from upper management to your direct care staff to those who ensure their home is maintained and clean all have made our family have a peace of mind knowing our loved ones are safe and living with the best quality of life!

February 18, 2020

By Diane D.

My sister (who was visiting from Texas) and I "popped in" unannounced, on our way home from the airport. I had toured all the assisted living facilities in the county we reside. None of them made me feel confident - either the staff were unwelcoming, cleanliness was a concern, or their state reviews noted citations that were concerning. Background: My mother (86) has dementia and my father (89) was no longer able to care for her and himself. We had aides in their home but it wasn't enough. At Storypoint - Troy, my sister and I were met by professional, welcoming staff, who made time for us without an appointment. The things that impressed us during this first visit - cleanliness of the building and staff, friendliness of ALL staff, activities, transportation, size of the rooms and options available. There are so many room designs you can really customize the living environment (based on availablity) and care to meet your loved ones needs. Unfortunately, during my sister's visit we were unable to convince my parents to move. I was concerned how their decision would effect future discussions. The staff were very understanding and continued to stay in contact with me, not in an aggressive way, rather a very helpful supportive way. The staff provided me support during one of the most important decisions I would make for my parents. My parents did moved after several months of visits, including meals. My mother moved into memory care and my father moved into an apartment in assisted living. As with any move, there are "hiccups" in the beginning. Staff have always been responsive and strive to ensure our needs are being met. Unfortunately, my father passed very unexpectedly in January. During this very difficult time we, as a family, experienced first hand the kindness and caring of the staff. I truly believe, you don't get to work here if you don't have a positive attitude and a geniune desire to help others. Although my father is no longer here, I can sleep at night knowing my mother is getting the best care available in the area. No place is perfect - it's how they respond to concerns that really matters - Storypoint Troy gets and A+ from our family. I can call 24/7 and reach a nurse. That peace of mind is priceless! My sister is now looking for an assisted living facility in Texas for her mother-in-law and she is using Storyoint-Troy as her standard for comparison. Some have come close but none measure up.

February 10, 2020

By dellas

I have really enjoyed having my mom at Storypoint. She is well taken care of. They make sure she has three meals a day and she enjoys spending time with her friends at the meals. I would highly recommend this facility.

July 19, 2018

By Deb

My father lives in StoryPoint Troy. The building is brand new. Our experience has been good. The rooms are nice and spacious. A lot of the assisted living apartments are very small, but my father's apartment is a nice, big size. He has more room than he knows what to do with. He really likes the food, which is a big thing with him. However, the activities for him aren't so great because he is blind. For the other residents, they seem to like the activities just fine. They have a barbershop, a dining room, a bistro, a media room, and a room where there is a physical therapist and workout equipment.

Hi Deb, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our community. We are pleased to hear that your father is enjoying his new home and likes the culinary offerings! Our Life Enrichment Team creates programming that inspires and empowers all residents, including residents that need help with mobility, residents that are hard of hearing and residents that are blind. We are always open to suggestions from families on activities they would love to see on the event calendar. Please reach out to the Executive Director at your convenience. Thank you.

June 19, 2018

By Impressed

On May 17, my wife and I went to StoryPoint for the Father's Day Brunch. It's the first time we had been inside StoryPoint, and we were both impressed with the beautiful interior. A spacious and open floor plan with comfortable colors. Spotlessly clean and inviting. We just returned from a trip where we had meals at higher-end restaurants. The brunch at StoryPoint surpassed most of them. The food was exceptional, and the staff members were polite, attentive, and professional. It was obvious that they truly care about their residents, taking time to address them individually and spend some time as they dined.. At 62 years of age, it will likely be some time before my wife and I consider assisted living, but we will definitely be returning to StoryPoint regularly for the five-star cuisine and exemplary service.

June 17, 2018

By ConnerD

I visited this Community today to attend the Brunch with my mom. The staff are always so friendly. They smile and speak to you as they pass you and really make everyone feel comfortable. The food was absolutely amazing. Far better good than I would expect in a senior living Community. I felt like I was on a cruise ship. The Executive Director even took time to stop by our table and talk for a while. My mom has made new friends since living at StoryPoint and really enjoys the outings each week. There is a lot of variety of activities and she is always busy with something. It’s refreshing to me to see my mom thriving and vibrant again.

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Troy

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Troy

Costs for StoryPoint Troy

Photos of StoryPoint Troy

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Troy

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 2780R

About StoryPoint Troy

StoryPoint is more than just an innovative senior living community - we’re a pioneer in the field. For people considering Independent Living, Enhanced Living, Assisted Living, or Memory Care, we offer the very latest advances, not only in technology, but in our approach to your life experience. At StoryPoint as well as at our sister company Independence Village, we believe in celebrating each resident as an individual and fostering the continuance of their emotional, spiritual, and intellectual growth. Our 35 years’ experience working and living with seniors has resulted in a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. Every staff member in our community is committed to providing our residents with the best experience in each interaction they share, no matter how small or significant. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart from other communities and makes our culture so special for both our staff and our residents.

Map of StoryPoint Troy