3 Assisted Living Facilities near Sidney, OH
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sidney area, with 2 in Sidney and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sidney is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,735. Cheaper nearby regions include Urbana with an average starting cost of $2,857.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sidney. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sidney 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Piqua with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sidney, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Sidney, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sidney
Sidney, located north of Dayton in west central Ohio, is home to approximately 20,500 people, and nearly 14% are 65 or older. The city’s retirees can spend their days fishing, walking or biking at Tawawa Park, a 220-acre property that includes two lakes.
To support the needs of seniors as they age, there are two assisted living communities within Sidney city limits. Another facility is located in nearby Piqua. The Ohio Department of Health regulates the state’s assisted living facilities to ensure seniors receive high-quality care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sidney
- With many senior-friendly attractions in the area, Sidney’s seniors can stay busy. History buffs can view the exhibits at the Ross Historical Center or enjoy a show at the Historic Sidney Theatre. For outdoor enthusiasts, Lake Loramie State Park provides opportunities for camping, swimming and boating. Seniors may also be interested in taking a tour of the Airstream factory.
- The Sidney area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wilson Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- According to the American Lung Association, the Dayton-Springfield-Kettering area has clean air. It ties for America’s cleanest metropolitan area by one measure of air pollution, 24-hour particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory issues may breathe easy.
- Sidney receives only 17 inches of snow each year, nearly a foot less than the national average of 28 inches. In January, the average high temperature is just above freezing. For seniors from colder, snowier parts of the country, Sidney’s relatively comfortable winters may be a selling point.
- When seniors need to run errands or go to medical appointments, they can book rides on Shelby Public Transit’s origin-to-destination shared ride service. This service is available throughout Sidney and Shelby County. Seniors receive discounted fares, and in-city trips are only $1 each way.
- Sidney has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging, PSA2, an organization that connects seniors with legal services, caregiver education and other community services, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sidney
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Sidney start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sidney and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sidney
Ohio offers several financial assistance programs that can help seniors pay for assisted living in Sidney. Ohio’s optional state supplementation program, known as the Residential State Supplement program, provides funding for accommodations and personal care. The Assisted Living Waiver program pays for seniors’ personal support services in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sidney
Sidney and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sidney, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sidney
Sidney-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sidney
Review of Landings of Sidney
Landings of Sidney is very nice. It seems to be the most reasonably priced out of the three facilities we are choosing from. The staff is so friendly and helpful too. They all speak to you every ti... Read more
Review of Landings of Sidney
My tour at Landings of Sidney was great. Jenny did a really good job. She showed us around. We went into the office and discussed some questions. My father-in-law said that if he goes anywhere, he ... Read more
Review of Landings of Sidney
The rooms at Landings of Sidney were very well laid out. Depending on what you want size-wise they have that available, depending on the amount of money you have per month. We like the idea that it... Read more