5 Assisted Living Facilities near Celina, OH
Also serving communities of Saint Marys, St Marys, Rockford.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Celina area, with 2 in Celina and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Celina is $1,971 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Celina. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Celina 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Celina, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Celina, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Celina
Nestled on the shore of Grand Lake Saint Marys, Celina offers Ohio seniors a friendly small-town community about an hour’s drive from Dayton. The vibrant city of approximately 10,300 residents is the county seat of Mercer County and fosters community through annual festivals, concerts in the park and a local farmers market.
Approximately 15.5% of Celina’s residents are aged 65 and older. To support seniors who seek a secure, comfortable place to age while enjoying as much independence as possible, Celina provides two residential care facilities (RCFs) with another three in nearby St. Marys and Rockford. The Ohio Department of Health licenses and regulates all the state's RCFs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Celina
- With significant snowfall during six months of the year, Celina may not be a good choice for seniors who enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle. Celina receives an annual average rainfall of 38 inches. The summer high in July averages 84 degrees, and winter’s low in January is around 18 degrees.
- Kiplinger considers Ohio moderately tax-friendly when it comes to retirees. Celina seniors don’t pay state income tax on Social Security retirement benefits and may be eligible for up to four tax credits that Ohio offers retirees.
- The Celina area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercer Health Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Celina has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Mercer County Council on Aging. The MCCOA operates a senior center in Celina that provides daily lunches, health and wellness services, a fitness gym and a variety of recreational activities.
- MCCOA provides adults age 60 and over with free transportation for weekday errands, such as medical and dental services, grocery shopping, banking, and appointments with social service and legal agencies. Seniors also enjoy van transport to and from the Senior Citizen Center for the noon meal and other activities.
- While Celina’s violent crime rate of 9.2 is significantly lower than the national average of 22.7, the city’s property crime rate of 51.8 is much higher than the U.S. average of 35.4. Seniors should confirm that the assisted living community they’re considering is adequately secured and monitored.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Celina
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Celina start around $1,971 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Celina and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Celina
Celina seniors eligible for Medicaid may receive help with the costs of selected services in an RCF through Ohio's Assisted Living Waiver Program. Residents must pay for their own room and board expenses, but the program covers services, such as personal care, transportation, medication assistance and housekeeping.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Celina
Celina and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Celina, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Celina
Celina-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Celina
Review of Miller Place
My mom was at Miller place for 10 years. There is no better place to have your loved one be. Once a month they host a family night where they invite all family and friends of the residents for dinn... Read more