4 Assisted Living Facilities in Greenville, OH
The average cost of assisted living in Greenville is $3,160 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Troy with an average starting cost of $3,106.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greenville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greenville 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Piqua with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greenville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenville
Greenville, Ohio, the birthplace of legendary sharp shooter Annie Oakley, has a warm, friendly small-town feel. Approximately 13,000 residents live in Greenville, and about 23% of residents are age 65 or older. Greenville has four assisted living facilities, which are known throughout the state as Residential Care Facilities and regulated by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenville
- The overall cost of living in Greenville is about 18.7% lower than the national average. In particular, healthcare and transportation costs, which tend to feature heavily in many senior's budgets, are both lower than average.
- The Greenville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wayne Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Low crime rates make Greenville a safe place for local seniors. On a 100-point scale where lower numbers mean fewer crime incidents, Greenville ranks 12.2 for violent crime, significantly lower than the national average of 22.7. Property crime is a bit higher than the national average, so families may want to ask assisted living facilities under consideration if there are plans in place to protect residents from theft.
- Greenville, Ohio, has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Community Senior Citizens Center, which provides transportation services, information, referrals and senior activities for local residents.
- With summer highs in the 80s and winter lows in the teens, Greenville offers a distinct change of seasons throughout the year. Assisted living facilities in the area should provide a wealth of indoor activities for residents to enjoy during periods of inclement weather.
- Seniors throughout Ohio, including in Greenville, may be able to stretch their budgets with state tax breaks. Ohio doesn't tax social security at all and offers a tax credit of up to $200 on other kinds of retirement income as well as a $50 senior citizen tax credit.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Greenville start around $3,160 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenville
Financial assistance for assisted living in Greenville may be available through the state's Assisted Living Waiver program. This program pays for room and board at a licensed residential care facility for eligible seniors who qualify for Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenville
Greenville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greenville, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenville
Greenville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Greenville, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greenville
Review of Brethren Retirement Community
I have been visitting my Dad like crazy since my family moved me back to Greenville. It was the one thing they could do for me that really makes me happy! In being there so much I can tell you ther... Read more
Review of Oakley Place
The staff at Oakley Place seemed very attentive. It was an extremely clean and pleasant place. The residents seemed to be very comfortable. The dining room is cafeteria-style and had tables set up ... Read more
Review of Brethren Retirement Community
My Dad chose to live at the BRC for the last 18 months of his life. He lived in an apartment and need no special assistance, He found a new lease on life. He made dozens of friends, He found ways t... Read more