Arbor Trace

Reviews of Arbor Trace

Assisted Living Reviews for Arbor Trace

April 25, 2012

By panpan

My mother and I visited Arbor Trace's assisted living facility several weeks ago, to see a family friend who was recuperating from a bad fall. The friend was staying in the assisted living portion of Arbor Trace until she was well enough to return to her residence. My impressions of Arbor Trace were mostly positive. The facilities appeared to be clean and well-maintained. Several of the common areas were named after local attractions. There was a small movie theatre named after the former Tivoli movie house that many residents at Arbor Trace probably remember fondly. The dining halls and community room appeared to be nicely appointed. We didn't see a lot of people around, but that could have been because of the time of day we visited, which was early afternoon. I think that most of the residents are in the nursing home section of the facility, and we did not go into that area. Our friend was doing well, and seemed to like it there, all things considered. I thought her room was a bit sparse, but maybe that was because she was there only for a temporary stay. I think if she had moved in permanently, she would have selected a larger room. The staff we interacted with were friendly, and were very courteous about not interrupting our visit. The person at the front desk had to call around to verify that our friend was there and where she was staying, however, which I thought was odd. I would give Arbor Trace a good rating overall from what I saw during the visit.

Nursing Home Reviews for Arbor Trace

March 04, 2017

By Canyon

I was very disappointed in the treatment my loved one received at Arbor Trace. The office staff displayed little knowledge regarding the care and treatment of individuals requiring basic services. They treated my loved one disrespectfully and were rude to family and friends as well. Many of the staff on the unit were not trained in the proper care and treatment of residents. They provided no observation when med changes occurred, which could have led to a potentially dangerous outcome. Please be aware of the low standard of care provided by this institution before placing your loved one there.

February 02, 2017

By FranklinTownship

I have a dear friend in the Cherished Memories (Alzheimer's unit.) I feel care has gotten much worse recently. I asked multiple times why there is less interaction with residents than before and was told 'we have a staff shortage' or some variation. This appears to be ongoing. I feel the staff is cold and clinical to the residents. That may also be due to improper staffing for the number of residents. Overall, do not let the appearance of the facility weigh too heavily in your decision. Make sure you consider the staff mindset and clinical instead of family approach to residents.

January 10, 2017

By Axle

Other

Impossible to post without 1 star but 0 stars for dementia unit. Very little care and attention to residents. Little understanding of dementia. Staff not trained, valuable information not shared. Do not trust the care of your loved ones here. Caused more harm than good.

January 06, 2017

By Nmiles

My sis is there and the care is not all that great. She has to wait forever to get help to bathroom. Not good since she is in renal failure. Check it out before you send a love one there. JUST SAYING

November 08, 2016

By rosche

My dad had great care at Arbor Trace. No complaints. The building itself is beautiful and clean, but what really mattered to me was the care he received.

October 22, 2016

By Mbethevans

The staff were very caring and the rehab to home therapy staff got my mother back in her home within 45 days. We would definitely recommend to anyone. Thank you!

August 13, 2016

By Caring_2645682

When Arbor Trace first came to town, they were good. But its not the same any more. They seem like they forgot about their patients and workers and are more focused on a big corporate image. That personalized feeling isn't there anymore. We took my father to Arbor Trace because we heard the therapy program was still good. His stay was suppose to be for about 30 to 60 days. After 4 days we realized we made a big mistake. The staff was not friendly and tended to be short tempered at times. There was not enough staff to answer the call lights and my dad had to wait as long as two hours to get to the bathroom. They would come in and turn off his call light button and say they would be right back. Nobody ever came back so we ended up helping dad when we were there. On more than one occasion they forgot to give him his medication. He wouldn't have gotten it had we not been there to tell the nurse. Dad couldn't walk to the dining room and we were promised they would take meals to his room. That didn't happen. When we complained they said they forgot to make him a tray and the kitchen was closed and they 'weren't allowed in there'. This happened more than once. We had to go to McDonalds to get food for him. Dad also missed several doctor appointments that they were suppose to schedule for him. When we asked about it they said they forgot,. How can you 'forget' to take care of your patients? A friend of ours recommended that we move dad to The Springs of Richmond rehab place out by the hospital. When we told Arbor we were moving dad they acted mad and said we were making a bad mistake doing that.. We ended up moving dad. The Springs was a totally different experience for us. His therapy team was more professional than Arbor Trace. Dad was there about 45 days and they never 'forgot' to care for him in any way. They even call him at home to check on him. Next time dad needs rehab care, I am going to 'forget' Arbor Trace.

March 15, 2016

By Billie B.1

The people at Arbor Trace were very nice. I didn’t like that it didn't have a homey atmosphere and felt more institutional. It had the assisted living, rehab, and long-term care. The administration called back and were very helpful, but I didn’t think the place was quite as clean as it could have been. It seemed to have more people needing nursing care because the nurse's cart was right there at the front door. The rooms were nice, but I just didn’t like the hallways or the way it was set up; it was not friendly and too big. It’s a great rehab place, and a lot of people like it but I didn’t.

December 27, 2015

By Dr. J Espiotto, MD

My experience with Arbor Trace was NOT good. I learned since that many of my friends have had a similar experience with their aging parents in this facility, as well. We found the place to be extremely short staffed. My mother-in-law had to wait up to 2 hours on many occasions to have a call light answered. Even then, one of the family had to go find a nurse or nurses assistant to answer the light. The administration of her medications was often 'forgotten' and the staff would often forget to deliver meals to her room. My mother-in-law is diabetic so medications and meals are imperative. When I complained nothing was ever done and no promised follow up was given to me. They advertise a great activity program, but we failed to see anything happen other than the residents asleep in the lounges whenever we visited. We finally decided to take my relative to Forest Park where we received much better care and therapy. I was very disappointed with Arbor Trace.

August 09, 2015

By Bart2

My mom was at Arbor Trace. It was extremely good. The nursing staff and the care were excellent. Even helping her move back into her home was good. She was in a private room with an easy chair, a telephone, a working desk, a private bathroom, and a bed. They had activities everyday like bingo, outings, movies, and get-togethers. She was very comfortable there. The food was good.

April 24, 2012

• Housing Extra: Studio Suites, One Bedroom Apartments

• Pharma

• State Licenses: 15-000455-1

• About Arbor Trace

In a quiet residential neighborhood in Richmond, Indiana, the park-like campus of Arbor Trace comes as a pleasant surprise. Set back from Hodgin Road on a beautifully landscaped, 38-acre site, our senior living community offers the perfect combination of home-like setting and convenient access to area amenities – entertainment, shopping, restaurants and more.

With physicians’ offices and specialized medical services nearby, and Richmond’s Reid Hospital a short drive away, our location is the perfect complement to our progressive approach to senior living and care.

The wide array of residential and health care options we offer meets the needs of area seniors through an innovative and comprehensive continuum of care. Whether you choose Arbor Trace for assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, specialized memory care or long-term skilled nursing care, our dedicated team ensures all aspects of health care are provided in the most professional and compassionate manner. You’ll find our entire team shares a commitment to enhancing the lifestyle and well-being of the people we serve every day, at every stage of life.

At Arbor Trace, you’ll see our family-centered philosophy shine through in all that we do to make the living experience truly special. You’ll see it in our thoughtfully designed, comfortable suites and welcoming gathering spaces – and in the variety of services, amenities, and engaging activities we offer residents and family members. You’ll feel the warmth of being part of our family of residents and staff.

We welcome family visits and always appreciate the family’s participation, suggestions and concerns. Because we share a common goal – the well-being and happiness of each person we serve – we go the extra mile to ensure the senior living options and health care services we offer meet everything from lifestyle desires to a wide range of personal needs. It all contributes to optimal quality of life for our residents receiving assisted living support, rehabilitative care, long-term skilled nursing care or specialized memory care.

Community Amenities Include:

• The center of community life is our Main Street with theater,
    • Bistro restaurant, beauty shop/barber shop and more
    • Five restaurant-style dining rooms
    • Private dining room
    • Welcoming lounges and living rooms
    • Park-like, landscaped, 38-acre campus
    • Modern, fully equipped therapy gym
    • WiFi throughout the community

Family first is our philosophy at Arbor Trace an approach that goes back to 1977, when CarDon & Associates was first established. Based in Bloomington, Indiana, CarDon is one of the largest providers of senior living options in Indiana, raising the expectations for the entire industry with our commitment to personalized, passionate attention across a continuum of health care needs. Thank you for your interest in Arbor Trace, please give us a call to schedule your tour.

Map of Arbor Trace