5 Assisted Living Facilities near Piqua, OH
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Piqua area, with 2 in Piqua and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Piqua is $4,270 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,741. Cheaper nearby regions include Troy with an average starting cost of $4,010.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Piqua. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Piqua 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Piqua, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Piqua, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Piqua
Piqua is a manufacturing hub in the greater Columbus area, straddling the banks of the Great Miami River and ringed by small private farmlands on all sides. Slightly more than 17% of Piqua's 21,000 residents are seniors aged 65 and over. To serve them, the city is home to five assisted living facilities within the city limits. These facilities are inspected, licensed and regulated by the Ohio State Department of Health Assisted Living Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Piqua
- The weather in Piqua is mild by the standards of most of Ohio. Summer highs in Piqua can get warm, with an August average of 85 degrees. Winter lows in January average 20 degrees. Piqua gets just over 39 inches of rain a year, mostly in spring and fall, which can raise pollen and mold counts that cause some issues for seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Piqua is 12% below the national average across most categories of common expenses. Seniors in Piqua pay an average of 9% less for healthcare here than the typical national cost.
- Crime rates in Piqua are somewhat high by national standards. Seniors are not at a higher than average risk of violent crime, but property crimes in Piqua are roughly 15% higher than the national average for cities its size. Together, the local rates for violent and non-violent crime bring Piqua's overall rate to about 10% above the national average.
- Public transportation in Piqua is provided by Miami County Public Transit, which serves most of the smaller communities in the county. Seniors can ride Miami County buses at half price with a Blue Card ID, which never needs to be renewed. All public transit vehicles in the network are ADA equipped for riders with limited mobility.
- The Piqua area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kettering Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Piqua has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Miami County YMCA, an organization that provides no-cost health and wellness classes for seniors, along with community events and even massage therapy, as well as more than 12 senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Piqua
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Piqua start around $3,845 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Piqua and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Piqua
Seniors in Piqua who need help with the cost of assisted living may be eligible for an Assisted Living Waiver from the Ohio Department of Aging, which helps low-income seniors with the monthly cost of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Piqua
Piqua and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Piqua, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Piqua
Piqua-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Piqua
Review of Brookdale Piqua
I thought Brookdale Piqua was very great, and it was my favorite place of those I toured, I tried to get my mother there. I loved the director and the staff there, the activities director, and the ... Read more
Review of Garbry Ridge
A family member that I was caring for lived at Garbry Ridge Assisted Living the past year until his passing. The staff as a whole is excellent. They went above and beyond in all aspects and made my... Read more
Review of Brookdale Piqua
My mother lives here and they have a great building and their activities program is the best I have seen. Read more