4 Assisted Living Facilities near Paulding, OH
Also serving communities of Antwerp.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paulding area, with 3 in Paulding and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paulding, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Paulding, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paulding
Paulding is a village of about 3,600 residents, almost 600 of whom are aged 65 and over. The village is home to the Paulding County Senior Center, which provides congregate and home-delivered meals, non-emergency medical transportation and holiday events and gatherings.
Seniors who are looking for assisted living in Paulding have three local facilities to choose from, with one more in Antwerp, which is located about 10 miles to the northwest. These facilities, in Paulding and throughout Ohio, are officially called residential care facilities and are licensed and monitored by the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paulding
- Seniors who have health conditions that are exacerbated by poor air quality may find Paulding to be a good option for them. The air quality here is rated 77, which is nearly 20 points higher than the national average.
- In Ohio, seniors pay state income tax on pension income and withdrawals from retirement accounts, but those aged 65 and over can claim tax credits. Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level. This could affect how much money Paulding seniors have to put toward their assisted living care.
- The Paulding area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Paulding County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Paulding is a very affordable place to live, even in comparison to other Ohio cities. The overall living expenses in this village are rated 76.1, which is more than 10 points lower than the statewide average of 87.7. This may appeal to seniors with fixed incomes.
- Paulding is a safe city with a very low crime rate, which may make it a good option for seniors who enjoy being active members in their community. Violent crime here is rated 6, versus the national average of 22.7, and property crime is rated 13 compared to the U.S. average of 35.4.
- Summers in Paulding are warm with temperatures ranging between 75 and 84 degrees, and winters are cool with highs in the range of 32-46 degrees. To ensure year-round comfort, seniors may want to find an assisted living facility with individual climate control in private rooms.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paulding
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Paulding start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paulding and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paulding
In Paulding, seniors who qualify for Medicaid may have assisted living services covered through the 1915(c) Assisted Living Program and the 1915 (b)(c) Managed Care Demonstration Waiver. Additionally, low-income seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income are also entitled to the Residential State Supplement, which can be used toward assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paulding
Paulding and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paulding, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paulding
Paulding-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.