4 Assisted Living Facilities near Kendallville, IN
Also serving communities of Lagrange.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kendallville area, with 2 in Kendallville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kendallville is $2,845 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kendallville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kendallville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Avilla with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kendallville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Kendallville, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kendallville
Kendallville is home to nearly 9,900 residents and is about a 40-minute drive north of Fort Wayne, Indiana. History-loving seniors appreciate the downtown district with 45 buildings developed between 1863 and 1940. The architecturally diverse downtown area was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. The quaint shops, eateries and historic movie theater make this town a charming choice for older adults, who comprise about 16.4% of Kendallville’s population.
To accommodate this large group of seniors over age 65, Kendallville offers two assisted living facilities that provide support with the activities of daily living while promoting independence. Nearby Avilla has another two communities. The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Division of Long-Term Care licenses and regulates the ALFs in Kendallville and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kendallville
- Despite its small size, Kendallville offers seniors numerous entertainment and cultural events. The annual Apple Festival at the Noble County Fairgrounds in October draws large crowds, and the popular Northern Indiana Tri-State Bluegrass festivals take place just before Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
- The Kendallville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Parkview Noble Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kendallville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Noble County Council on Aging, which operates a senior center, a transportation program and a foot clinic. The Parkview Seniors Club provides adults over 50 with a variety of programs, services and educational opportunities, including access to low-cost fitness clubs and exercise classes.
- Budget-conscious seniors may appreciate the cost of living in Kendallville that’s 21% lower than the U.S. average. Seniors pay less for groceries, health care, utilities and transportation, which can mean substantial savings for those on limited incomes.
- Seniors who enjoy outdoor activities year-round may feel limited by Kendallville’s 38 inches of annual rain and 30 inches of snowfall. It’s one of the snowiest places in Indiana, with six months of the year typically bringing significant snowfall.
- Indiana holds the No. 9 spot on Kiplinger’s 2018 list of least tax-friendly states for retirees. Seniors living in Kendallville don’t pay state taxes on their Social Security benefits, but retirement income from IRAs, 401(k)s and private pensions are fully taxable.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kendallville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Kendallville start around $2,845 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kendallville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kendallville
Indiana’s Supplemental SSI program may help Medicaid-eligible seniors in Kendallville cover some of the costs of assisted living. Financial eligibility is determined by the amount of assistance they're receiving from SSI and other income sources.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kendallville
Kendallville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kendallville, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kendallville
Kendallville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kendallville
Review of Chandler Place
We chose Chandler Place for my uncle because of the price. They started out at $28,000 and then it goes up by the amount of care, but if you get better, it could go down, and I like that. The peopl... Read more
Review of Chandler Place
We had mom here. We chose this place partly because of the location; it's near us. We were also impressed with how things seemed to be there. They are pretty good. Read more