4 Assisted Living Facilities near Kendallville, IN
Also serving communities of Lagrange.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kendallville area, with 2 in Kendallville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kendallville is $3,840 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kendallville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kendallville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Avilla with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kendallville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Kendallville, IN
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Kendallville, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kendallville
The city of Kendallville, which is located in northeastern Indiana, is home to Bixler Lake Park. This 530-acre park includes a lake for boating, fishing and swimming, as well as a campground, which has wooded sites, nature trails and horseshoe. The city has around 10,000 residents, about 16% of whom are age 65 and over.
The Kendallville region has four assisted living facilities. Two of these facilities are in the city proper, while the other two are located in the nearby city of Avilla. In Kendallville, as in all of Indiana, assisted living facilities are officially called residential care facilities. They are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kendallville
- The Kendallville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Parkview Noble Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Transportation for seniors in Kendallville is provided by Noble Transit System, which operates under the Older Americans Act Senior Transportation Service. Adults age 60 and over may ride to medical appointments and pharmaceutical trips within Noble County for a donation. A low fare is charged for non-medical errands.
- Kendallville seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits, but income from retirement accounts and pensions are taxed. This may affect how much money can be put toward local assisted living expenses.
- Kendallville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Noble County Council on Aging, an organization that connects seniors with nutrition and transportation programs, local charities and health insurance assistance programs, as well as one senior center.
Summers in Kendallville are warm with highs in the low-80s, and winters are chilly with highs in the low-30s. Humidity levels in this city tend to be low, which may be ideal for seniors with respiratory conditions like asthma.
- Kendallville's crime rate is 18 out of 100, indicating that the city has a lower crime rate than 18% of cities of all sizes across the country. When compared only to similarly sized cities, Kendallville's crime rate is considerably higher than average. Seniors may want to seek out an assisted living facility with security features like alarm systems or high-security locks.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kendallville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Kendallville start around $3,840 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kendallville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kendallville
Low-income seniors in Kendallville may receive financial assistance for assisted living services through Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kendallville
Kendallville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kendallville, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kendallville
Kendallville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kendallville
Review of Chandler Place
We chose Chandler Place for my uncle because of the price. They started out at $28,000 and then it goes up by the amount of care, but if you get better, it could go down, and I like that. The peopl... Read more
Review of Chandler Place
We had mom at Chandler House. We chose this place partly because of the location; it's near us. We were also impressed with how things seemed to be there. They are pretty good. Read more