Georgetowne Place

Reviews of Georgetowne Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Georgetowne Place

September 20, 2017

By Kim

Georgetowne Place is the one I'm leaning towards right now; they're at the top of the list. The staff is excellent. They helped me out, they didn't bug me, and they called me back just to say, "How're you doing?" They were very attentive and very nice. They would come out to help you and do everything. The place is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are beautiful, too. They're very well-maintained. The neighbors are nice. It is a quiet community.

May 05, 2017

By Kay705578

Georgetowne Place is the one that we were most impressed with. The rooms are spacious with 2 bathrooms. This is the one we're recommending to a couple, and we hope they would move in. The dining room had little private areas. The people there were more active. They were building for more activity areas, too. It's very spacious. It just seemed like a really nice place to live in. It doesn't have a continuum of care. If you needed to go to a nursing home, you have to go somewhere else. It's very spacious inside and outside.

March 30, 2017

By Michelle366006

Everybody at Georgetowne Place is very friendly. The place is very clean, and there are a lot of different activities to do. The restaurant was nice. They offered a complete 1-bedroom apartment with a small functioning kitchen, and it has everything you'd find in a normal kitchen.

December 05, 2016

By Carol331708

Georgetowne Place was a little bit dated but very nice, plus they're fully remodeling. I liked that I saw people out and about in the community. I did not eat there, but I saw them eating, and it looked like they had a nice variety. The dining room was bright and clean. They had nice, pretty back area. The rooms were a decent size.

August 16, 2016

By Connie865002

Georgetown Place was very nice, and I liked it. It was a bit pricey for my mother, but they were very kind and showed her around. It was an older facility but kept up very nicely. They had activities posted and had day trips to the grocery stores. The dining area was very nice, very accommodating, restaurant-style, and you could get food any time you wanted. They had a very nice outdoor pool.

May 10, 2016

By Beth122944550

We looked at a one-bedroom apartment at Georgetowne Place that had a large bathroom, kitchenette area, bedroom with a door, and a living room. The feature I liked the best about it is the washer and dryer in the apartment. If we end up in Fort Wayne, we’re leaning toward Georgetowne Place because of the washer and dryer in the unit. The staff was very friendly. The dining room was restaurant-style. My mom couldn’t read the menu and tell them what she wanted, so we would just say give her what the main menu item is every day. They have a game room and little groups for playing board games.

January 01, 2016

By Visitor47

Georgetowne Place was very nice. It did not have a lot of activities going on. The apartments were very nice. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They also had a swimming pool.

September 29, 2015

By Charlotte23

The people that showed me around in Georgetowne Place were friendly. I had lunch there; it was real good. I’m sure I could be happy there also.

August 05, 2015

By Caring110319550

I am waiting to get in at Georgetown Place. During my visit, the staff was very pleasant and very knowledgeable about the place. They were able to answer most all my questions. They studio and one bedroom as well as two bedrooms. They have one bathroom with walk-in showers. They have a lot of light as well as a lot of windows. Their dining area is very clean, and the tables were nice with flowers in them. They take the residents out to eat sometimes and to stores. They also have bingo and games.

June 01, 2015

By Ronda6

We went to Georgetowne Place, and we ended up choosing the place for my mom. What we liked about them is that they have a separate cottage, and that is what she wanted. They have a pool, and she gets two meals a day. They have all kinds of cards and games. They have a library, a billiard room, and church. They also have activities like Wii bowling and crafts. They do have a beauty and a barber shop. It has everything that she needs. They have been really good about if she has something wrong, and they fix it right away. They also check on her every day if she has checked in, and we don’t have to worry about her falling or just lying there. Everything has been really good, and I have been impressed with them.

February 15, 2014

Mom moved into Georgetown Place on the 1st of September. She's in independent with the option of getting assisted care if she needs it at some point. It seemed to fit her. Similar type of apartment that she had, only a little bit smaller. I knew that the meals were something that were important to her and this has a lovely dining facility. I hear about the food when it's not so great but she's enjoying it. They have weekly out to the grocery store, they do that two or three times a week. She's involved in either card playing or dominoes just about every night of the week. They will post events that they're doing bus trips like to the Philharmonic Orchestra and one time, it was just a nature drive. I've been really happy with the encounters I've had and my mom seems pleased if she has something maintenance-wise that needs to be taken care of in the apartment. It's usually done in a pretty timely manner and done well, too. What I really appreciate at Georgetown is the fact that there is someone at the office there 24/7 so if there's a concern even in the middle of the night, I know that my mother could receive help so I feel a little more comfortable with her at Georgetown because of that. I think it's the fact that she is living closer to me now that helps a lot but I think in general, she is happier here.

August 27, 2013

By Nancy67946550

My mom is a current resident of Georgetown Place. It is a very nice facility. My mother has macular degeneration and she is almost blind. They care for her. Their staff is more hands-on. They check on her a lot more than the other place where she was before. They're just doing a really good job. They also have lots of activities. Food is excellent. They offer restaurant-style food. They also have an excellent menu.

Independent Living Reviews for Georgetowne Place

Memory Care Reviews for Georgetowne Place

Questions about Georgetowne Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Magnolia Trails training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Georgetowne Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

88; play cards, bingo, go on tours

What programs or activities does Georgetowne Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

worship, fitness exercises (balance, walking, cardio, yoga, strength, aquatics), euchre, bingo, corn hole, brain power, nails, dice game, GTP feud

What places are near Georgetowne Place or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Parkview Memorial Hospital, Kroger's, fast foods, Lopshire flowers, eateries, consignment stores

What transportation services does Georgetowne Place offer to assisted living residents?

free shuttle service within a 10-mile radius

What makes the chef or dining program at Georgetowne Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

3 chefs work together to make the dining experiences top notch with a varied menu, serving delicious, balanced and nutrious restaurant-quality meals

What safety features or security measures does Georgetowne Place offer to assisted living residents?

emergency pull cord system, smoke alarms, sprinkler system throughout, routine fire safety drills

How does Georgetowne Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

weekly communications are sent to all residents

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Georgetowne Place during daytime and nighttime hours?

daytime: 8:120 nighttime: 5:120

If Georgetowne Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

outdoor grounds

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Magnolia Trails

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Georgetowne Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

average age: 90 tours, trips, bingo, playing cards

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Georgetowne Place has organized?

Tai Chi restaurant, Chapel Ridge shopping, Kroger's grocery shopping, dance class, bowling trip, Cheddar's restaurant,

What transportation services does Georgetowne Place offer to independent living residents?

free shuttle service within a 10-mile radius

What makes the chef or dining program at Georgetowne Place exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

all common areas within the community

What safety features or security measures does Georgetowne Place offer to independent living residents?

emergency pull cord system, smoke alarms, sprinkler system throughout

outdoor grounds

Does Georgetowne Place work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

daytime: 26 overnight: 2

What safety features or security measures does Georgetowne Place provide to protect residents who wander?

secure, locked environment

What programs or activities does Georgetowne Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

traditional activities, Aegis activities, trips, outside lunches, movies, live music, pool activities, dance classes

DON and ADON--every 6 months

What techniques does Georgetowne Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

assist with picking meal choices, assist with cutting food up when needed, assist with feeding as necessary

How does Georgetowne Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

one-on-one calls, visits as needed

Describe the neighborhood around Georgetowne Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Georgetowne Place is located in a residential neighborhood, minutes from a business district

Is Georgetowne Place affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Georgetowne Place is affiliated with Parkview and Lutheran Hospitals

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

• State Licenses: 17-013463-1

About Georgetowne Place

Grow socially at Georgetowne Place, where our residents stay active with weekly outings, water aerobics and exercise programs while enjoying some of the most desired amenities and services available at an Independent Living community in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. We also offer Assisted Living services and a restaurant that allows residents the freedom to dine on their time seven days a week. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our spacious one- and two-bedroom apartment homes feature kitchens with full-sized appliances as well as washers and dryers. Imagine no cooking, cleaning or maintenance — and friends next door. That’s Georgetowne Place, where housekeeping services are part of everyday life. The community boasts an exercise room, billiards table, fireplace and computer area ideal for residents to intermingle on site, while scheduled courtesy transportation allows our residents to explore Fort Wayne, the final resting place of American folklore legend Johnny Appleseed, and its many dining, shopping and entertainment options. We also feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle.

Map of Georgetowne Place