Georgetowne Place

Reviews of Georgetowne Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Georgetowne Place

August 05, 2015

By Caring110319550

I am waiting to get in at Georgetown Place. During my visit, the staff was very pleasant and very knowledgeable about the place. They were able to answer most all my questions. They studio and one bedroom as well as two bedrooms. They have one bathroom with walk-in showers. They have a lot of light as well as a lot of windows. Their dining area is very clean, and the tables were nice with flowers in them. They take the residents out to eat sometimes and to stores. They also have bingo and games.

June 01, 2015

By Ronda6

We went to Georgetowne Place, and we ended up choosing the place for my mom. What we liked about them is that they have a separate cottage, and that is what she wanted. They have a pool, and she gets two meals a day. They have all kinds of cards and games. They have a library, a billiard room, and church. They also have activities like Wii bowling and crafts. They do have a beauty and a barber shop. It has everything that she needs. They have been really good about if she has something wrong, and they fix it right away. They also check on her every day if she has checked in, and we don’t have to worry about her falling or just lying there. Everything has been really good, and I have been impressed with them.

August 27, 2013

By Nancy67946550

My mom is a current resident of Georgetown Place. It is a very nice facility. My mother has macular degeneration and she is almost blind. They care for her. Their staff is more hands-on. They check on her a lot more than the other place where she was before. They're just doing a really good job. They also have lots of activities. Food is excellent. They offer restaurant-style food. They also have an excellent menu.

Independent Living Reviews for Georgetowne Place

February 15, 2014

Mom moved into Georgetown Place on the 1st of September. She's in independent with the option of getting assisted care if she needs it at some point. It seemed to fit her. Similar type of apartment that she had, only a little bit smaller. I knew that the meals were something that were important to her and this has a lovely dining facility. I hear about the food when it's not so great but she's enjoying it. They have weekly out to the grocery store, they do that two or three times a week. She's involved in either card playing or dominoes just about every night of the week. They will post events that they're doing bus trips like to the Philharmonic Orchestra and one time, it was just a nature drive. I've been really happy with the encounters I've had and my mom seems pleased if she has something maintenance-wise that needs to be taken care of in the apartment. It's usually done in a pretty timely manner and done well, too. What I really appreciate at Georgetown is the fact that there is someone at the office there 24/7 so if there's a concern even in the middle of the night, I know that my mother could receive help so I feel a little more comfortable with her at Georgetown because of that. I think it's the fact that she is living closer to me now that helps a lot but I think in general, she is happier here.

Photos of Georgetowne Place

Services and Amenities of Georgetowne Place

About Georgetowne Place

Grow socially at Georgetowne Place, where our residents stay active with weekly outings, water aerobics and exercise programs while enjoying some of the most desired amenities and services available at an Independent Living community in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. We also offer Assisted Living services and a restaurant that allows residents the freedom to dine on their time seven days a week. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our spacious one- and two-bedroom apartment homes feature kitchens with full-sized appliances as well as washers and dryers. Imagine no cooking, cleaning or maintenance — and friends next door. That’s Georgetowne Place, where housekeeping services are part of everyday life. The community boasts an exercise room, billiards table, fireplace and computer area ideal for residents to intermingle on site, while scheduled courtesy transportation allows our residents to explore Fort Wayne, the final resting place of American folklore legend Johnny Appleseed, and its many dining, shopping and entertainment options. We also feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle.

Map of Georgetowne Place