6 Assisted Living Facilities near Goshen, IN
Also serving communities of Middlebury, Nappanee.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Goshen area, with 2 in Goshen and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Goshen is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Goshen. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Goshen 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Elkhart with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Goshen, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Goshen, IN
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Goshen, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Goshen
The northern Indiana city of Goshen has been dubbed “The Maple City” for its beautiful, mature maple trees. This city is home to a network of over 30 miles of pedestrian trails, making it easy for seniors to travel to the library, grocery stores and the downtown area on foot. Goshen has two assisted living communities, and there are another five located nearby, giving seniors the opportunity to select the facility that will best meet their needs and budget.
Goshen’s assisted living facilities are licensed and managed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging and are defined as facilities that offer at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services to at least five individuals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Goshen
- Goshen seniors enjoy four distinct seasons, with year-round temperatures ranging from 18 to 83 degrees Fahrenheit. Summers are long and warm, while winters are harsh and snowy, which may be a consideration for seniors who prefer milder weather.
- The air quality in Elkhart County may be a concern for seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses. The American Lung Association gave the region a "C" for ozone pollution and an "F" for short-term particle pollution.
- Goshen is an affordable city for seniors on a budget, boasting a cost of living that is 12 percent lower than the national average. On average, groceries cost about 11 percent below the national median, while transportation and healthcare costs come in 16 percent lower and 20 percent lower, respectively.
- Goshen seniors who draw income from pensions or retirement accounts will have to pay income tax, although Social Security income is not taxed.
- While Goshen's property crime rate is roughly 50 percent higher than state and national averages, its rate of violent crime is more than 60 percent lower than the Indiana and U.S. averages. Assisted living facilities are generally outfitted with security systems to keep residents safe, but seniors may want to take extra precaution with keeping their vehicles locked and belongings secured.
- The Goshen area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Goshen Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Goshen
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Goshen start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Goshen and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Goshen
Seniors in Goshen may apply for financial assistance to help cover assisted living expenses. Currently, there are three programs available to qualifying seniors, including Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Goshen
Goshen and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Goshen, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Goshen
Goshen-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Goshen, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Goshen
Review of The Residence at Waterford Crossing
Waterford Crossing was very nice. The only thing I did not like about it is its location, so I didn't think my in-laws should go there. It is an industrial park, and it is very confusing on how to ... Read more
Review of The Residence at Waterford Crossing
Waterford Crossing is a very well-rounded assisted living center. I really like the way in which it helps keep friends and family connected to its residents. I especially enjoy the Happy Hour the... Read more