6 Assisted Living Facilities in Three Rivers, MI
The average cost of assisted living in Three Rivers is $3,915 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Three Rivers. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Three Rivers 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dowagiac with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Three Rivers find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Three Rivers, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Three Rivers, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Three Rivers
Located where the St. Joseph, Portage and Rocky Rivers converge, Three Rivers is a diverse community with a deep history as a trading hub. The city is currently home to more than 7,600 residents, with seniors making up 12.5% of the population.
Seniors who need help with daily tasks can find support at one of the area's seven assisted living facilities. In Three Rivers, and throughout the state of Michigan, these types of facilities are licensed by the Michigan Department of Human Services and are often referred to as adult foster care or homes for the aged.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Three Rivers
- The city's rich history provides a variety of local sites for seniors to enjoy. The charming downtown area is full of historic buildings, many of which are listed on the National Historic Register, and seniors can visit cultural venues, including the Carnegie Center for the Arts and Riviera Theater.
- Like many other cities in Michigan, Three Rivers has very cold winters accompanied by an average 41 inches of snow each year, which may prevent seniors from participating in outdoor activities. Though brief, summers are warm and comfortable.
- Seniors looking for an affordable retirement destination may find Three Rivers to be an appealing option. At 86.2, its overall cost of living is lower than both the U.S. national average of 100 and the statewide average of 96.7.
Crime rates in Three Rivers are slightly higher than they are across the state of Michigan. Violent crime is rated 29.9 on a scale to 100, compared to the statewide average of 25.3. The city's property crime rates are particularly high, scoring 57, compared to 28.1 in the state. Seniors may want to exercise extra caution when it comes to securing their personal property.
- The St. Joseph County Transportation Authority (SJCTA) provides public transportation for residents of Three Rivers. In addition to the Three Rivers Circle Line fixed-route service, SJCTA also offers a FLEX route and curb-to-curb service. The senior my ride grant program allows seniors to use this service for a suggested donation of $2.
- Three Rivers has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sturgis.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Three Rivers
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Three Rivers start around $3,915 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Three Rivers and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Three Rivers
Seniors in Three Rivers can access financial assistance to help cover the cost of assisted living through Michigan's Medicaid State Plan. Its MI Choice Waiver Program provides funding for care services in a home or residential setting.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Three Rivers
Three Rivers and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Three Rivers, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Three Rivers
Three Rivers-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Three Rivers
Review of Bowman Place
We toured Bowman Place. They were friendly, efficient, and provided full disclosure. Their COVID setup is perfect, they're COVID-free, and they have all the protocols. The upkeep and maintenance ar... Read more
Review of Bowman Place
The people at Bowman Place were very attentive and helpful. If it doesn't work out with the other facility, this is where we want to go. The place was very friendly and clean. Read more
Review of Bowman Place
My wife is in Bowman Place. It is extremely clean, and the staff is very pleasant. They have some activities. The food is always the most complained about in any of these facilities, but it's OK he... Read more