Forest Glen Assisted Living

Reviews of Forest Glen Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Forest Glen Assisted Living

July 27, 2021

By swdjsmith

The layout of the room is perfect for the resident to make it feel like home. My mother has told me several times how nice the staff is, and I have experienced the same. When asked for something, they have always promptly responded to our request and in a friendly manner.

July 27, 2021

By Nicole Dohm

The staff is wonderful! It is one of the reasons I picked Forest Glen. The staff was very helpful when we were looking for care for her. They take excellent care of her and my Aunt is happy there. Her room is perfect for her. Thank you for taking great care of her.

July 07, 2021

By Martha

What I liked about Forest Glen Assisted Living in Dowagiac are the size and location. For someone who has lived in a small town, it feels like a small-town facility. The people have long-lasting relationships in the community. The staff that I met are very kind and they care about the individual. I got to talk to the chef and he considers that he's not just cooking at a facility, that he's cooking for "my people" and I like that. I think the place has only 20 units so it's very connected to the community style, which I like. It also has the side of being very, very professional. It's not dumpy because the management's good, but they have the community approach, which I like. Sometimes, if something is too community-like, the standards aren't good, but these people have it very nicely set up. They have a small-town social style, it's not like moving into a resort. The people that are moving in should see a culture that's familiar to the residents, they're matching the culture of the residents. I was not made aware of a lot of big fancy tricks or days at the opera or stuff like that. It truly welcomes visitors from the outside, which I think is important for this kind of facility, that the family members have access to their seniors. That's probably the best amenity. Their physical needs are met and they're welcoming to community members and family visiting. There's no tennis court, there are no rides to go shopping at the mall and things like that. It's kind of tailored more to meet the needs of the kind of people that are already there. I don't know how to describe it better.

February 14, 2021

By Terri

My dad moved into Forest Glen Assisted Living. It is very good. His room is very clean. They've made every effort to make sure everything is up-to-date, and it is quite spacious. Everybody is friendly and helpful. He has been pleased with the food; it is fairly simple, but wholesome. The place is very clean. I've met the maintenance guy, and he is friendly with the residents, thorough in his job, and very meticulous. I have no complaints.

Caring for Residents and families is truly the heart of Forest Glen. We thank you for being part of our family and look forward to the continuation of providing a wonderful home for your dad.

Costs for Forest Glen Assisted Living

Photos of Forest Glen Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Forest Glen Assisted Living

• State Licenses: AL140280138

• Get Costs

About Forest Glen Assisted Living

At Forest Glen, a Leisure Living Community in Dowagiac, Michigan, residents can relax under the pergola on a sunny summer day or keep warm next to the fireplace in the winter. Our assisted living residents experience the joys of everyday life in a continuing care environment, living in the local community that is familiar to them, so they and their families will feel at home. Our community provides each resident with open, comfortable spaces that encourage everyone to fully enjoy each day.

Amenities:

• Nutritious meals designed to meet a variety of dietary needs
  • Multiple floor-plan options
  • Wheelchair-friendly
  • Walk-in showers with safety bars
  • Interior walking areas
  • Life enrichment activities
  • Housekeeping and laundry services
  • Peaceful outdoor spaces
  • And more
  • Assisted Living:

Our Assisted Living community provides personalized care in a comfortable, home-like environment. Assisted Living residents stay active and engaged with robust life enrichment programs and maintain as much independence as possible while being supported by around the clock care. Residents are provided with freshly prepared meals and housekeeping services to meet their needs and allow for a worry-free lifestyle.

Map of Forest Glen Assisted Living