StoryPoint Portage

Reviews of StoryPoint Portage

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Portage

June 23, 2021

By Tammy

My mom has only been at StoryPoint Portage for a couple of weeks, but our very first impressions were that the people there are very, very friendly. The place is very nice, clean, and nicely furnished. I think just the strides my mom has made in a couple of weeks have been awesome. I like the socialization and the community of people. She says the food is very good. My dad and I were able to have lunch there the day we moved her in, and it was very good. From what I've heard, my mom is engaging in activities and will be engaging in more. I think they provide a lot of activities. I haven't seen the salon yet, but she's got her hair done already; she looks lovely. They have open community areas that are set up like living rooms. There are TVs and tables for puzzles and games. They do activities like volleyball. It's a little bit on the high end side, but they provide a lot.

October 28, 2020

By ladyroth

Rooms are very nice and roomy. Transition is hard. Loved one may not want to be there or think they need to be there. Adjustment takes time, patience, support, communication & lots of love. Staff is wonderful, attentive & supportive. They truly care & will help you through this very tough time. If something needs to be addressed they work to help/ address issue. My loved one has limited abilities but the activity staff works to include them in the fun (beach ball volleyball, tia chi, trivia games etc.). Before covid we were even able to do a hair day at the spa and enjoy fun picnic parties in courtyard. Any facility has hiccups but I find issues are addressed in a timely proffesional manner. It takes time for caregivers to get to know your loved one so make sure to write down & post likes/dislikes etc. to help them make your loved one more comfortable.

October 28, 2020

By MJ Swanson

Story Point has be provided our mother with wonderful care and attention. The staff in the Assisted Living gives personal and timely attention. The staff operating the reception area, very critical during the COVID lock down, are friendly, understanding and go beyond their job descriptions to make sure there is a link with residents and they get anything dropped off for them. Management is hands on and seriously interested in the happiness of the residents.

October 03, 2020

By Bonnie

My mom is now a resident of StoryPoint Portage. We chose them because we were very impressed with their security measures and their COVID precautions. They have had zero cases of COVID19, and that was a big factor. The support was very superior; so we were very, very pleased with that. We were able to visit it in person. The staff members are very caring and attentive. The rooms are very nice. My mom has a 1-bedroom with a kitchenette area. It's very clean and very nice; we're very pleased. Their food is excellent. They have a wonderful chef that provides them with a nice variety of meals. The dining area is very beautiful. Unfortunately, during COVID at the moment, they are not allowing dining in the dining area, and she is taking meals in her room. Activities are limited right now a little bit because of COVID, but they have some exercise with social distancing and they have bingo games. She has only been in there a week, so that's all she has been able to participate in. It's a little costly but it's very well worth it.

October 14, 2019

By Carol

We want to thank Jayde for all her time and effort. Even she had to admit we asked questions no one else has. She helped make a difficult situation run much more smoothly than we could have anticipated.

September 24, 2019

By Appletrees

StoryPoint is an extremely decent, clean, modern, caring, and user-friendly community. Staff and contract-staff are all helpful and friendly. There is a feeling of ‘wanting to please’. My questions and concerns have been patiently listened too, answered with curtesy, and an informational resolution has always been attained. An activities calendar is available and full of daily busy-ness. In-house medical/physical programs are available for additional charge; these range from ala-carte care, i.e. shower help, to packages of overseeing to a high degree. Overall, should you or your loved one be in a position of re-evaluating their current home status, and are considering a move to a care community, please accept this sincere recommendation for StoryPoint.

April 14, 2019

By Steven

StoryPoint Portage is very nice but a little too stuffy. The salespeople who gave us the tour were very nice. The place was spotless and professional. They had transportation and three separate dining rooms for each area. It's a gorgeous facility, but it's elegant to the point that your everyday person would feel uncomfortable. It was a little cold and over-the-top for us. The food looked good from what I saw.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to visit our community and leave us your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you found the staff to be kind and that you thought the community was gorgeous. We would like to speak with you more in depth about your experience so that we can continue to improve. Please contact Beth Conway. Thank you again for your feedback!

August 20, 2018

By Corinne

We moved my mother into StoryPoint Portage. It's been a very good experience. It's very clean, new, bright, airy, and sunny. They have a courtyard that people can go in and out of. There are multiple venues for dining. The staff is very friendly. The food looks very good, very nutritious, and there are options. They have four levels of care there. They have two levels of memory care and she's in the assisted living level of memory care. She's still mobile and able to participate fully in activities. It's good for her because she's not advanced yet.

July 20, 2018

By William

StoryPoint Portage was very attractive. The dining area was clean, neat, and very attractive. We saw two card games going on. The facilities were very attractive and seemed adequate. They had a theater room, which was adequate but not overly comparable. We paid down payment, but we decided their rooms were too small for us. We looked at the apartments, but we didn't find anything that we were really pleased with.

June 20, 2018

By Ruth

StoryPoint Portage is very nice. It is a brand-new place, and there were apartments available when I looked. The staff members are very congenial and very friendly. The facilities are excellent too. I have nothing but good things to say about the place. They have just about everything but the swimming pool. The dining room is very elegant and very nice. They have many activities going on. You can do something every day of the week. What really impressed me, in my case, is that they have services for the vision impaired.

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Portage

January 13, 2021

By VS

My mother has moved into StoryPoint Portage. They were kind enough to allow us to help her move in. We were given several days to get her moved in and set up. Due to COVID, everything is different than it normally would be. It's a beautiful facility. All the staff that we've met so far has been very kind and very nice, and we've been pleased. She has a one-bedroom apartment. They have a lot of amenities. Unfortunately, some of them are not available right now due to COVID, but they have a large dining room, a bistro type restaurant, exercise facilities, a computer library room, a snack bar, a shuttle bus that takes them to the grocery store or to doctors' appointment, and they have a theater room where they show movies. My mother has had meals there, and she said the food has been good so far.

October 10, 2019

By Lois

Written communications: excellent. Members of staff: well informed, helpful, reliable, very friendly. Amenities: prolific, several things for everyone. Grounds: beautiful, well maintained. Activities: abundant entertainment, outings, instructional events. Good health care options.

September 12, 2019

By sandyknitwit

We looked at other facilities before my mom chose this one. She has her own apartment with furniture she had in her previous home, which made the transition a bit easier for her. There are a large variety of activities for residents; she enjoys the bingo games and the knitting group that meets once a week. I know she enjoys having family members join her for monthly brunch. It's nice that someone comes and cleans her unit and that her sheets are done for her. Her one complaint is the food and the turnover in the kitchen.

September 09, 2019

By PattiV

My husband’s Mother has lived at StoryPoint Portage for two years. She will tell you that moving there was the best decision she could have made. She will also tell you that she has more friends than she has ever had. It makes us SO HAPPY to always see her SO HAPPY. ❤️❤️ Mom settled in quickly, and within a few weeks was participating in all the activities. She plays Dominoes, Bingo, Euchre, SkipBo, and is known as the Puzzle Queen. Mom goes to most planned events, both inside SP, and outside. She often goes on bus trips to restaurants, shows, plays and other outings. StoryPoint is very family friendly. Family members are always made to feel very welcome, and included. Her great-grandchildren recently came to the Grandparents Day Old Car Show, and they are anxiously waiting for the Halloween celebration on October 30th. The employees are warm and friendly, and you will always see them interacting with the residents. It’s a very happy place!! Mom is 90 years old, and still gets around pretty well. She loves the size and location of her apartment, and until recently she had her beloved dog with her. We are grateful she can still live independently, surrounded by people who love, care, and watch out for her.

August 10, 2019

By jdKenosha1942

Be very careful when signing a lease here. They sure lead you down the path with lots of blank promises. My aunt was extremely unhappy with her care, especially considering the big price tag called “rent.” She didn’t like the food ( she’s never been fussy about food, so we knew it was an issue) , the carepeople were always changing( great amount of turnover) and they would take forever to answer her call button. We debated moving her again ( it’s not easy at her age) , and decided she deserved better. She’s very happy now in her new place, and we wished we had moved her out of Story Pointe sooner.

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review as your feedback always helps us improve the experience of our residents. Our culinary team is always accepting suggestions on how we can improve. We recommend that residents and family members connect with the Executive Chef to work together on creating a menu with their favorite dishes. Like many businesses, we do experience turnover in our communities from time to time, mostly because we want to ensure that all of our employees are the most qualified and caring individuals. We would like to discuss the concerns with care services more directly. Please contact Andrew Dorr to discuss your review in greater depth. We are happy to hear that your mother is happy and enjoying her new home. Thank you.

June 19, 2019

By K.A.

Story Point Portage was clean and nice, but it seemed to be run more like a business instead of a caring facility or home. The amenities were pretty comprehensive, it looked like they had different activities for the residents. They had buses and vans that would take you places, and it looked like they had a robust calendar of activities. The building itself was new and clean. I felt the only downfall was it's next to the expressway.

June 06, 2019

By imHappy

Transitions are sometimes very difficult for elderly people. My father was one of those people, but for health reasons, dad and mom had to move from their home after 50 years. Dad was angry that he had to move, but the staff at StoryPoint were fabulous in helping both he and mom to adjust. Dad is in a wheelchair and the staff has been great about helping him. If he falls, all he does is press a button and the staff comes running to help him! They were kind and provided a listening ear. They allowed dad to put up shelves so he didn’t have to leave all of his treasured things behind. They celebrated their gifts. Dad even has a little workroom where he does small projects. They have been there 1 1/2 years and are SO happy. They have friends and the caring environment is amazing! Wouldn’t want them anywhere else!

January 25, 2019

By MarciaB

My parents moved to StoryPoint when it opened 2 years ago. It was SUCH a great decision! Everything is fresh and new, beautifully designed and open areas for people to gather. My parents have a 2 bedroom apartment and it is very spacious. Our extended family of 15 is able to come over and still be comfortable. Family gatherings for the brunches and other meals are a special time. My parents can still host the meal, and the food prepared is amazing! The staff is warm and welcoming, and we never feel like we are an inconvenience. The staff also are so good to my parents, and genuinely care about them. StoryPoint has a van that takes people to appointments and grocery shopping which is great for bad weather or when you aren't able to drive. Holidays are celebrated in special ways. My parents have many friends at StoryPoint already, and it definitely has a family feel to it. Whether its a cup of coffee in the morning, lunch in the Bistro or included dinner in the evening, there are so many great options for people to connect. My dad recently passed away, and I'm so happy Mom has her friends and staff that care for her at StoryPoint. It really is a great place!

June 20, 2018

By JohnRH2018

For months my wife and I watched with great anticipation the construction and start-up of the StoryPoint of Portage Michigan facility. My wife's mother was at just the right point in her life to benefit from a place like StoryPoint. Her doctor recommended she eat healthy, stay physically active, and stay socially active. We saw the potential for all three at StoryPoint. My wife and I first visited newly constructed and opened StoryPoint of Rockford Michigan and were very impressed. The staff treated us like royalty, the food was terrific, and the facility was really great. We quickly signed my mother-in-law up for an apartment in Portage. One year ago in preparation for the move-in, the StoryPoint of Portage staff treated us like royalty, the food was terrific, and the facility was really great. Over the past 12 months my mother-in-law has truly benefited from the very tasty and nutritious dinners, the ability to stay physically active via structured exercise opportunities nearly every day of the week, and the chance to interact daily with dozens of her new and friendly peers. Over the past 12 months my wife and I have also appreciated meeting and getting to know the StoryPoint of Portage staff. We have consistently been treated with genuine interest and respect and we have observed on every occasion my mother-in-law being treated in a similar manner.

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Portage

October 08, 2019

By Reviewer#0910B

Center has been very attentive to my mother's needs. She has trouble communicating and can get agitated and they always handle the situation with respect and compassion. They include her in activities and make her feel a part of the community. We are blessed to have the help and care they provide.

October 04, 2019

By The Fielding Family

We had excellent service from Jayde, the Associate Community Specialist. We threw her many questions and she kept a positive and helpful attitude throughout our decision making and move in process. She even helped us during the day we moved our Aunt in! She is amazing.

October 31, 2018

By Dawn

StoryPoint Portage was not confusing. They were very accommodating on the tour. The tour people were very knowledgeable and very good. The apartments were very nice, clean, and roomy. They're all comparable in that way.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for StoryPoint Portage

Photos of StoryPoint Portage

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Portage

• Dining Extra: Cook Your Own Meal Or Allow Us To — It’s Up To You. We Believe In Preparing Vibrant Dining Experiences Based On Your Individual Preferences. Story Point Portage Features An Executive Chef Who Creates Menus From Fresh Ingredients. Our Chef Crafts Professional Culinary Experiences For You Everyday Day.

• Features Extra: Keep Your Apartment Looking Its Very Best By Utilizing Our Housekeeping Services. From Cleaning To Laundry Assistance, We Offer A Variety Of Housekeeping Services Allowing Residents To Eliminate Daunting Chores And Focus Their Time On The Activities They Enjoy.

• Activities Extra: With Events, Activities, And Excursions Happening Each Day, We Take The Time To Get To Know Our Residents’ Interests And Create The Perfect Way For Them To Share With The Rest Of Their Peers. When You Want To Go Out, You Can Enjoy Shopping, Trips To Events, And More. When You Prefer The Comfort Of Your Home, Grab Some Friends For Game Night, Read A New Book Near A Warm Fire, Or In Your Apartment. Regardless, There Is Never A Dull Moment.

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Homes for the Aged
  • State Licenses: AH390377735

About StoryPoint Portage

Welcome to StoryPoint Portage! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our various senior living options include independent living, enhanced living, assisted living, and memory care. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. StoryPoint Portage is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Enhanced Living

A bridge between independent and assisted living, enhanced living is designed to promote the greatest level of independence for individuals who need a little extra help. It includes all the benefits of independent living plus the peace of mind that comes with affordable, custom personal care packages that can be tailored to individual needs.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Memory Care

Designed for those with dementia or other memory impairments, memory care provides services in a licensed environment by specially trained professionals.

Community Amenities

• Chef-prepared Menu Options • Open Concept Living Spaces • Wheelchair Friendly Community • Walk-in Showers With Safety Bars • All Utilities (Except Telephone) • Daily Shuttle Services • Apartments With Private Outdoor Areas • Activities And Fitness Classes • Household Maintenance • Biweekly Cleaning and Upkeeping • Weekly Flat Linen Laundry Assistance • Beauty Salon and Barbershop Services • Accessible Walking Paths • Wi-Fi Connection • Pet Care • And More

Map of StoryPoint Portage