StoryPoint Portage

Reviews of StoryPoint Portage

Assisted Living Reviews for StoryPoint Portage

September 24, 2019

By Appletrees

StoryPoint is an extremely decent, clean, modern, caring, and user-friendly community. Staff and contract-staff are all helpful and friendly. There is a feeling of ‘wanting to please’. My questions and concerns have been patiently listened too, answered with curtesy, and an informational resolution has always been attained. An activities calendar is available and full of daily busy-ness. In-house medical/physical programs are available for additional charge; these range from ala-carte care, i.e. shower help, to packages of overseeing to a high degree. Overall, should you or your loved one be in a position of re-evaluating their current home status, and are considering a move to a care community, please accept this sincere recommendation for StoryPoint.

April 14, 2019

By Steven

StoryPoint Portage is very nice but a little too stuffy. The salespeople who gave us the tour were very nice. The place was spotless and professional. They had transportation and three separate dining rooms for each area. It's a gorgeous facility, but it's elegant to the point that your everyday person would feel uncomfortable. It was a little cold and over-the-top for us. The food looked good from what I saw.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to visit our community and leave us your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you found the staff to be kind and that you thought the community was gorgeous. We would like to speak with you more in depth about your experience so that we can continue to improve. Please contact Beth Conway. Thank you again for your feedback!

August 20, 2018

By Corinne

We moved my mother into StoryPoint Portage. It's been a very good experience. It's very clean, new, bright, airy, and sunny. They have a courtyard that people can go in and out of. There are multiple venues for dining. The staff is very friendly. The food looks very good, very nutritious, and there are options. They have four levels of care there. They have two levels of memory care and she's in the assisted living level of memory care. She's still mobile and able to participate fully in activities. It's good for her because she's not advanced yet.

July 20, 2018

By William

StoryPoint Portage was very attractive. The dining area was clean, neat, and very attractive. We saw two card games going on. The facilities were very attractive and seemed adequate. They had a theater room, which was adequate but not overly comparable. We paid down payment, but we decided their rooms were too small for us. We looked at the apartments, but we didn't find anything that we were really pleased with.

June 20, 2018

By Ruth

StoryPoint Portage is very nice. It is a brand-new place, and there were apartments available when I looked. The staff members are very congenial and very friendly. The facilities are excellent too. I have nothing but good things to say about the place. They have just about everything but the swimming pool. The dining room is very elegant and very nice. They have many activities going on. You can do something every day of the week. What really impressed me, in my case, is that they have services for the vision impaired.

Independent Living Reviews for StoryPoint Portage

August 10, 2019

By jdKenosha1942

Be very careful when signing a lease here. They sure lead you down the path with lots of blank promises. My aunt was extremely unhappy with her care, especially considering the big price tag called “rent.” She didn’t like the food ( she’s never been fussy about food, so we knew it was an issue) , the carepeople were always changing( great amount of turnover) and they would take forever to answer her call button. We debated moving her again ( it’s not easy at her age) , and decided she deserved better. She’s very happy now in her new place, and we wished we had moved her out of Story Pointe sooner.

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review as your feedback always helps us improve the experience of our residents. Our culinary team is always accepting suggestions on how we can improve. We recommend that residents and family members connect with the Executive Chef to work together on creating a menu with their favorite dishes. Like many businesses, we do experience turnover in our communities from time to time, mostly because we want to ensure that all of our employees are the most qualified and caring individuals. We would like to discuss the concerns with care services more directly. Please contact Andrew Dorr to discuss your review in greater depth. We are happy to hear that your mother is happy and enjoying her new home. Thank you.

June 19, 2019

By K.A.

Story Point Portage was clean and nice, but it seemed to be run more like a business instead of a caring facility or home. The amenities were pretty comprehensive, it looked like they had different activities for the residents. They had buses and vans that would take you places, and it looked like they had a robust calendar of activities. The building itself was new and clean. I felt the only downfall was it’s next to the expressway.

June 06, 2019

By imHappy

Transitions are sometimes very difficult for elderly people. My father was one of those people, but for health reasons, dad and mom had to move from their home after 50 years. Dad was angry that he had to move, but the staff at StoryPoint were fabulous in helping both he and mom to adjust. Dad is in a wheelchair and the staff has been great about helping him. If he falls, all he does is press a button and the staff comes running to help him! They were kind and provided a listening ear. They allowed dad to put up shelves so he didn’t have to leave all of his treasured things behind. They celebrated their gifts. Dad even has a little workroom where he does small projects. They have been there 1 1/2 years and are SO happy. They have friends and the caring environment is amazing! Wouldn’t want them anywhere else!

January 25, 2019

By MarciaB

My parents moved to StoryPoint when it opened 2 years ago. It was SUCH a great decision! Everything is fresh and new, beautifully designed and open areas for people to gather. My parents have a 2 bedroom apartment and it is very spacious. Our extended family of 15 is able to come over and still be comfortable. Family gatherings for the brunches and other meals are a special time. My parents can still host the meal, and the food prepared is amazing! The staff is warm and welcoming, and we never feel like we are an inconvenience. The staff also are so good to my parents, and genuinely care about them. StoryPoint has a van that takes people to appointments and grocery shopping which is great for bad weather or when you aren't able to drive. Holidays are celebrated in special ways. My parents have many friends at StoryPoint already, and it definitely has a family feel to it. Whether its a cup of coffee in the morning, lunch in the Bistro or included dinner in the evening, there are so many great options for people to connect. My dad recently passed away, and I'm so happy Mom has her friends and staff that care for her at StoryPoint. It really is a great place!

June 20, 2018

By JohnRH2018

For months my wife and I watched with great anticipation the construction and start-up of the StoryPoint of Portage Michigan facility. My wife's mother was at just the right point in her life to benefit from a place like StoryPoint. Her doctor recommended she eat healthy, stay physically active, and stay socially active. We saw the potential for all three at StoryPoint. My wife and I first visited newly constructed and opened StoryPoint of Rockford Michigan and were very impressed. The staff treated us like royalty, the food was terrific, and the facility was really great. We quickly signed my mother-in-law up for an apartment in Portage. One year ago in preparation for the move-in, the StoryPoint of Portage staff treated us like royalty, the food was terrific, and the facility was really great. Over the past 12 months my mother-in-law has truly benefited from the very tasty and nutritious dinners, the ability to stay physically active via structured exercise opportunities nearly every day of the week, and the chance to interact daily with dozens of her new and friendly peers. Over the past 12 months my wife and I have also appreciated meeting and getting to know the StoryPoint of Portage staff. We have consistently been treated with genuine interest and respect and we have observed on every occasion my mother-in-law being treated in a similar manner.

Memory Care Reviews for StoryPoint Portage

October 31, 2018

By Dawn

StoryPoint Portage was not confusing. They were very accommodating on the tour. The tour people were very knowledgeable and very good. The apartments were very nice, clean, and roomy. They're all comparable in that way.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for StoryPoint Portage

Photos of StoryPoint Portage

Services and Amenities of StoryPoint Portage

• Dining Extra: Cook Your Own Meal Or Allow Us To — It’s Up To You. We Believe In Preparing Vibrant Dining Experiences Based On Your Individual Preferences. Story Point Portage Features An Executive Chef Who Creates Menus From Fresh Ingredients. Our Chef Crafts Professional Culinary Experiences For You Everyday Day.

• Features Extra: Keep Your Apartment Looking Its Very Best By Utilizing Our Housekeeping Services. From Cleaning To Laundry Assistance, We Offer A Variety Of Housekeeping Services Allowing Residents To Eliminate Daunting Chores And Focus Their Time On The Activities They Enjoy.

• Activities Extra: With Events, Activities, And Excursions Happening Each Day, We Take The Time To Get To Know Our Residents’ Interests And Create The Perfect Way For Them To Share With The Rest Of Their Peers. When You Want To Go Out, You Can Enjoy Shopping, Trips To Events, And More. When You Prefer The Comfort Of Your Home, Grab Some Friends For Game Night, Read A New Book Near A Warm Fire, Or In Your Apartment. Regardless, There Is Never A Dull Moment.

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Homes for the Aged
  • State Licenses: AH390377735

About StoryPoint Portage

StoryPoint is more than just an innovative senior living community - we’re a pioneer in the field. For people considering Independent Living, Enhanced Living, Assisted Living, or Memory Care, we offer the very latest advances, not only in technology, but in our approach to your life experience. At StoryPoint as well as at our sister company Independence Village, we believe in celebrating each resident as an individual and fostering the continuance of their emotional, spiritual, and intellectual growth. Our 35 years’ experience working and living with seniors has resulted in a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. Every staff member in our community is committed to providing our residents with the best experience in each interaction they share, no matter how small or significant. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart from other communities and makes our culture so special for both our staff and our residents.

Map of StoryPoint Portage