6 Assisted Living Facilities near Vineland, NJ
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Vineland area, with 2 in Vineland and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Vineland is $4,540 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Millville with an average starting cost of $4,475.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vineland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vineland 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Millville with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vineland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Vineland, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vineland
Vineland boasts a senior population of about 15 percent, and the city's central location gives these seniors plenty to explore. Vineland is one to three hours away from several major cities, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and Baltimore. In Vineland, seniors have access to two assisted living facilities with another three nearby. All of these assisted living facilities, termed assisted living residences by the state, are regulated by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vineland
- Seniors in Vineland will not be able to escape any type of weather. Winters are cold, with average high temperatures reaching the low 40s. Summers are hot, with highs soaring into the upper 80s. During the spring, Vineland sees the most precipitation of the year.
- Vineland seniors can expect to pay right around the national average for living expenses. However, assisted living costs in Vineland are higher than other nearby cities, so seniors will see their housing expenses take a bite out of their budget every month.
- Crime can be a concern in Vineland, especially when compared to other cities in New Jersey. Both violent crime and property crime rates are significantly higher in than the New Jersey average. As a result, seniors will want to consider their overall safety while selecting an assisted living facility in the area.
- Arts and cultural opportunities abound for seniors in Vineland. Outdoor enthusiasts can spend their afternoons enjoying one of the city's 18 parks and recreational areas, which feature walking paths and picnic facilities. Then, seniors can catch a show at the Guaracini Performing Arts Center or Landis Theater, where an ever-changing line-up offers something for every taste.
- The Vineland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Inspira Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Vineland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Office on Aging and Disabled, an organization that administers meal delivery and outreach programs for seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vineland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Vineland start around $4,540 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vineland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vineland
Eligible seniors in Vineland can reduce their assisted living expenses through two state programs. First, the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports covers some assisted living expenses for eligible seniors who meet financial, clinical and age or disability requirements. In addition, seniors receiving supplemental security income can apply for the optional state supplement to put toward assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vineland
Vineland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vineland, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vineland
Vineland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Vineland, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vineland
Review of Spring Oak Assisted Living of Vineland
I had an in-person tour of Spring Oak Assisted Living of Vineland. The craft area looked small to me. There was a lot of people kind of squished into one room. Some people were doing puzzles, and s... Read more
Review of Spring Oak Assisted Living of Vineland
I went to look at Spring Oak Assisted Living of Vineland. The management was very excellent in presenting the place. I would rate it excellent. It was very nice. It is a two-bedroom that I looked a... Read more
Review of Baker Place
We toured Baker Place. They are very clean, and they're very nice over there. It's that my father-in-law didn't feel that the price was right for the size of the apartments. They are rather small. ... Read more