6 Assisted Living Facilities near Millville, NJ
Also serving communities of Linwood.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Millville area, with 4 in Millville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Millville is $4,125 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Vineland with an average starting cost of $3,185.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Millville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Millville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mays Landing with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Millville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Millville, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Millville
Millville, N.J., located less than 50 miles from Philadelphia, was built on hard work. The city was formed around a sawmill, and later rose to prominence with the construction of a glass factory. In recent years, Millville has become home to a vibrant arts industry, which may interest seniors looking for a creative outlet.
There are five assisted living facilities in the Millville area, including three in the city itself. These facilities are regulated by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Millville
- The cost of living in Millville is 21 percent lower than the New Jersey average. It is also 2 percent lower than the national average, meaning that seniors who choose to live in the city may find expenses to be more affordable than in other places.
- The crime rate in Millville is 142 percent higher than the national average, with seniors and other residents of the city having a 1 in 15 chance of being a victim of either a violent or property crime.
- The Millville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Millville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Millville is fairly mild for much of the year. Summer high temperatures are in the 80s on average, with the fall and winter months topping out in the 40s. The average amount of precipitation per month ranges from 2-5 inches.
- The air quality in Millville is 37 percent better than the national average, but the amount of pollution is higher than in other cities. This could mean trouble for seniors who have breathing problems such as asthma or COPD.
- Cumberland County provides many transportation options to the seniors in Millville. These options include buses, ride services and other handicap-accessible transportation methods.
Paying for Assisted Living in Millville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Millville start around $2,375 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Millville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Millville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Millville
Millville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Millville, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Millville
Millville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Millville
Review of Maurice House
My father knew some of the people at Maurice House. It was very clean. The people were very friendly. He seemed to like it, and I think he would be happy there. They do morning exercises, and they ... Read more
Review of Jaycee Plaza Assisted Living
J C Plaza seemed really nice. The staff during my visit were nice. They were quick to answer. It was convenient, as it was right down the road from us. Read more
Review of Maurice House
We went to Maurice House. It was a beautiful facility. It was excellent. They have very concerned and caring people. It was just out of our price range, but it definitely will be a place that I wou... Read more