Brookdale Cape May

Reviews of Brookdale Cape May

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Cape May

June 29, 2015

By taraterm2

We went to Emeritus at Cape May. I think they were recently bought by another company. I think the thing that bothered me was the fact that it was a very difficult population to please. They had a wide spectrum of abilities and disabilities. All nursing homes talk a very big deal about all the things they do and how active they are, but when it proves down to it, it is bingo, bingo, bingo, and more bingo. My mother was looking for a place that had a lot of interesting cultural events and a lot of bus rides to some interesting places. Every time they had a bus ride and there were not enough people signed up, they would cancel and say they are going to play bingo instead. When you are spending some $5,000 a month, and you keep being told to go sit down and play bingo, that is going to annoy you. I have to say it annoyed me too.   I think the care was good. The rooms and apartments were fine. They were all clean and nicely taken care of. She hated the food, she hated the activities, and she complained nonstop about everything, but from what I saw, they did a very nice job. The only thing I could criticize was that they tend to be very choosy with the bus rides, probably because it was a lot of work. The dining room was very nice, clean, efficient, airy, and attractive. They did not have much activity. They made baskets, and they did finger painting. Sometimes, they would have shows, like a guy would come and play his guitar. They are now a different company, and they may have cleaned their act up. This was when it was still Emeritus. Hopefully, it is changed by now. They really should be more into what the people want and stop feeding them ice cream, sodas, and bingo.

February 21, 2015

By Lorrie from Harrison

My mother needed to be placed into an assisted living when she could no longer take care of herself. This is never an easy decision to make and you do need the guidance through this process. I felt that the staff at the Emeritus were extremely helpful. There are many levels of assisted living facilities, to very-high-end to ones that looked like nursing homes. The Emeritus is not the "Ritz" of assisted living places and my mother would not have been comfortable at these places. But, it is the closest thing to a second home. My mother has been at the Emeritus for over a year now and has adjusted very well. She has a two bedroom apartment which has the largest living space I had seen anywhere. The Emeritus is very clean, the food is good, and the people that work there are extremely helpful. I also like the fact that it is not too big and is laid out nicely. You basically can't get lost! I have never been into the memory unit, so I can't speak about that. They also decorate very tastefully for the holidays and invite family members to different free dinners and events. But, I do love the location because it is close to Stone Harbor and the beautiful beaches. During the summer, we take my mom to sit by the beach or on a pier to look at the boats in the bay. I always said that I would NOT put my mother into a assisted living facility where I would not stay myself. Well, I have stayed with my mother in her apartment numerous times when visiting from New York. Not many people can say that they would want to stay with their loved ones in their assisted living place, but I have! That is proof enough that it is good place. Finally, the Director and staff are very flexible and try to make things work for each family. In the end, there are all different levels of places and this was the perfect place for my mom!

December 09, 2014

By Glenn12

The visit at Emeritus at Cape May was disappointing. We really didn’t care for it. The place looked like it was not well-kept. They definitely could use a power washing of that place because there’s a lot of mold on it outside, and it should be cared for better. I really wouldn't want to move into that. The staff was alright. There were no real problems there. I just think the facility didn’t appear that great.

November 19, 2014

By Caring101928350

Emeritus was nice. The place was very clean. The facility itself was very well maintained. The people were personable. The rooms were small, but they were OK and very clean. It was a nice place, and if I needed assisted living, I would have taken that. They basically showed me around the eating area, which is nice and clean. I myself would recommend it to someone.

June 29, 2013

By Trina4

It was great, as soon as I came, there was somebody who sat down with me, asked me questions and filled-up the forms and then we took a tour of the place and it was very nice. Everything is fine.

June 26, 2013

By Gayle2

My mom has just moved in at Emeritus at Cape May. She has dementia and they have a good memory care unit. It is very nice, very well-kept and very clean. I like this facility for her. She has a very big private room. Also their staff are nurturing and attentive and their food is good. She is happy there.

July 13, 2012

By Kathy4131

Both my parents are at Emeritus. My mother is in the Memory Care unit and My father is in an apartment. They have been married for 65 years and it was hard to find a place where they could be together yet have mom get the extra care she needed.We are very pleased with the quality of care and the kindness we have experienced. It is a beautiful place and we are all very happy that my parents chose Emeritus.

May 11, 2012

By heart2

my husband completed rehab there in a caring enviorment. I saw a high level of caring and personal attention. A friend is doing rehab from 2 broken ankles and the staff is doing a super job. This is not the ritz hotel but clean and a friendly, homelike enviorment.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Cape May

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Cape May

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Cape May