32 Assisted Living Facilities near Fenton, MI
Also serving communities of Linden.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fenton area, with 4 in Fenton and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fenton is $3,802 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Holly with an average starting cost of $2,745.
To help you with your search, browse the 168 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fenton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fenton 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include White Lake with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fenton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fenton, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fenton
Located in eastern Michigan, Fenton is a midsized industrial city in proximity to the metropolitan areas of Flint, Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Lansing. It offers historic architecture and natural resources to seniors who want to explore the area. Seniors make up 15.9 percent of the population in Fenton and have many assisted living options to choose from.
The Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a part of the Department of Human Services is charged with regulating the 56 assisted living facilities located in and around Fenton. This type of facility is defined by the state as having 25 or more residents aged 55 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fenton
- Located in south-central Michigan along the Detroit River, Fenton is known for its warm summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperatures are 25 degrees in January and 73 degrees in July.
- The City of Fenton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Loose Center, which provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older, as well as one senior center.
- The crime rate in Fenton is much lower than in other parts of southeast Michigan. Fenton is safer than 59 percent of cities in the United States.
- Fenton is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Fenton Medical Center and the McLaren Flint-Fenton Community Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- It's easy to get around Fenton. MTA Flint provides regular scheduled public bus service throughout the city and between Fenton and other parts of Genesee County. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb minibus service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations.
- Fenton is home to a number of cultural sites and museums. Chief among these are the Fenton Museum, the restored Fenton Grand Turk railroad depot, the 230-acre Seven Lake State Park, known for its excellent fishing, and Spicer's Orchards Farm Market.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Fenton start around $3,802 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fenton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fenton
Fenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fenton, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fenton
Fenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fenton
Review of Courtyard Manor of Fenton
My aunt gets excellent care at Courtyard Manor of Fenton. The staff has been excellent. The dining area is large and very clean. The staff has always been very accommodating in getting the resident... Read more
Review of Posey's Senior Care Homes
I originally became acquainted with Posey Homes when I was looking for placement of my 90 year old Aunt in May 2011. I was so frustrated with the other facilities I had visited and was ready to gi... Read more
Review of Posey's Senior Care Homes
Our aunt is a resident at the Posey home. We moved her from California to Michigan after she broke her hip and her dementia worsened. Nancy, Theresa, and all the staff have been an absolute pleas... Read more